Want to hire a Medical Liaison

ThaiBurger

Hello -

I am looking to hire someone who can be my "eyes" and "ears" and "hands" and "feet" in thailand.

Someone who is assertive, and willing to be persistent and patient.

I am attempting to help someone with an HIV infection manage her infection. I have significant knowledge on the topic, but it is nearly impossible for me to monitor her progress, her medications, and (most importantly) communicate with her doctor and the hospital to get things done. I have found that the majority of the patient care thus far has been generalized and nonspecific to her situation. HIV is a very individual disease, and requires frequent monitoring. Frequent testing. And a constant juggling of medications to manage both numbers and side effects.

I need someone who can do everything I would do, if I was physically there. Most of the time this will mean phone calls or emails to the girl, and to the physician handling her case. Sometimes this may include physical visits to see the doctor to discuss things and gather information on my behalf. Make requests. Etc.

I realize this is an extremely strange situation, but I have tried for a year to do this myself from the USA and it has been nearly impossible. Despite all my best efforts, the general hospital put her on the wrong medications, in mega doses, and is not even monitoring her response to treatment. Meanwhile she is dealing with severe side effects from these poisons, and barely has 1 office visit every 6 months. That is unacceptable care.

If you are interested, or can point me to some sort of concierge service that does things like this (a little more involved than your average "sponsorship" situation), I would appreciate it.

You can reach me by PM here.

Thanks.