Russian withdrawal: Chinese tourist scammed out of Bt400,000

webfact

Who cares about the 400,000? What about the bloke in the background hanging from the ceiling?

It's been five minute since I read that and I'm still laughing.

[size,4]Perfect! [/size]

Same here, well spotted.

On March 24, my bank called to ask me where I was, because my account showed several withdrawals in Russia between March 22 and 24, said Haohao Sun.

my account showed several withdrawals in Russia

Well I do hope it wasn't on a land-line!

When I next apply for an ATM card, I must remember NOT to check the box that says 'Do you want this card to work in Russia, Nigeria and a few other dodgy places you would never dream of travelling to'

The ring leader is in Bangkok near NANA. Yes he is Russian too. But the thing on the skimmers is this they have to be close to atm that there skimming from. So if you see some Russian <removed> nearby with lap top don't use ATM.

OK James Bond, you obviously know something that others don't, or that "ring leader" is so well connected that he posts his whereabouts on internet?

You're also a little behind the tech, you need to be aware or any Russian with a mobile hanging around the ATM's, no need to use laptops nowadays!

Paranoia has no limits... (shaking head). whistling.gif

Russia doing bad things not locals , kidnapping, scammed card in Pattaya.

I beg your pardon ??????????????????????????????????? what about Jet ski scams ? corruption ? etc ...etc ...all done by "locals" ..... do you read the news paper some time ? if not please do ..

Do you? Russian gangster's appear to have kidnapped a fellow countryman, murdered and tortured him; having tried to kill his gf whilst attempting to extort money. This case, drunk Russians causing damage to temple and other property etc etc. Now this, on top of previous similar scams,

Not all crime carried out by Russians for sure; and they aren't the only nationality that has a problem with some of its nationals drinking too much. But, they are certainly raising their profile.

The torture/murder care you're referring too, it was clearly said the suspects were Ukrainians, no?

murdered and tortured him

Glad they murdered him first before torturing, at least he didn't suffer...

Skimming happens all over the world, but I've never seen anyone have a problem with it like Thailand is having at the moment. It is non stop in most tourist cities. Of course, none of this happens without the help of locals, and by locals I mean police or someone of importance.

Currupt to the core this place is, and it's only getting worse.

Why the Russians are now terrorizing Phuket? The reason is simple. They are now in Phuket having good time is because the ever loving Thai police is collaborating with them. Enough said!

Thai police is collaborating with the Russians, really? Not a bit too much? Just a question, after all maybe you know ! I am not in Phuket coffee1.gif

Even at the atms attached to the local banks, I check thoroughly. A slight tap to the card reader to see if it is stuck on or not. Only takes a second to test it. A quick look above the atm looking for cams.

These skimmers will never stop. Need to get used to it.

I read a while ago (on here I think) that technicians say that even they have difficultly spotting the newest generation of skimmers. We have created something that we believe we can't live without. A second account with serious money and no ATM card seems the only way to go here.

• Like 1