Ramayana Water Park

gkroo

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the feedback,as a Bangkokian I was planning on bringing my grand daughters down to Patts after Songkhran & when I was last in the area in Dec 2013 it looked fairly quite on the construction phase !!!

Thanks guys for the feedback,as a Bangkokian I was planning on bringing my grand daughters down to Patts after Songkhran & when I was last in the area in Dec 2013 it looked fairly quite on the construction phase !!!

Maybe you mean the cartoon network water park, it is progressing at a pace but i don't think due to be open till end of this year.

Have u been to pattaya water park, in Jomtien

Maybe you mean the cartoon network water park, it is progressing at a pace but i don't think due to be open till end of this year.

Cartoon Network is promoting that they will open in July. The owners will launch 5 different stages of the waterpark over the next few years.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Cartoon Network is promoting that they will open in July.

I really hope that when they do open they don't indulge in double pricing.

If other local attractions are anything to go by (Mimosa, Floating Market, Underwater World, etc.) there will not be "double pricing"

More like triple, quadruple, or more.

• 5 months later...

This water park is out near Silverlake and the Buddha Image mountain. It's not easy to get near enough to it to see exactly what progress is being made (need to take the small road that leads around the back of the mountain), but it looks to be much, much bigger than the Cartoon Network Park - and a better location.

http://www.ramayanawaterpark.com/?page=news

I hope the prices will be better, but I doubt it.

There certainly has been a lot more activity lately, this weekend i saw at least 12 excavators, many trucks and a lot of cement trucks going in and out, but yes very difficult to see exactly what is going on.

So it finally looks like this one is going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

There certainly has been a lot more activity lately, this weekend i saw at least 12 excavators, many trucks and a lot of cement trucks going in and out, but yes very difficult to see exactly what is going on.

Can you tell us a bit more about the current situation on the site? smile.png

If you drive through Silver Lakes toward the 331 just past their car park on the right is a new road that goes right up to the project. Right at the project is a guard shack and barrier so you can not go in but you can look down on it.

It is very big and set in beautiful open country, going to be a major attraction I would say and with in easy access from Bangkok via the motorway and 331 avoiding all of Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...

A pic from Ramayana a few days ago. It's huge and quite a bit of work is going on.

I am a bit confused - in the pic you posted it looks like there is no work going on at all, and it looks a lot like the pics on the ramayanawaterpark.com website which were uploaded when the "News" section of the site was last updated on the 24th Jan 2014. That's a long time with no update.

What kind of work did you see going on there? I seldom get out that way but if this place is looking like it may get going again I will hold off on joining the Cartoon Network place.

Thay cartoon water park aint look so good is it? Anyone been there? I heard food inside is expensive too... its not look busy there at all...

The bits that are operational are well run and enjoyable. Still a lot to be completed. Expensive to get in and expensive food and snacks; but quite popular already.

Some photos: http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/10/cartoon-network-amazone-water-park/

A pic from Ramayana a few days ago. It's huge and quite a bit of work is going on.

I am a bit confused - in the pic you posted it looks like there is no work going on at all, and it looks a lot like the pics on the ramayanawaterpark.com website which were uploaded when the "News" section of the site was last updated on the 24th Jan 2014. That's a long time with no update.

What kind of work did you see going on there? I seldom get out that way but if this place is looking like it may get going again I will hold off on joining the Cartoon Network place.

It's a massive place, so hard to get it all in one pic. Plus, we were there on a Thai holiday. Even then, there were at least 20 workers milling about. Progress is being made and it's starting to look like it could be quite nice!

My friend went to Cartoon Network water park this past week. They really enjoyed it. As is mentioned, still a lot of work to do, but they had a great time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think this one has stalled, not much activity there, does not seem to have anything other than the site cleared.?

Lenny it sounds Paranoid to me

I have updated since that post back in March, quite active there now, looks like all the pool/foundation work is in, i would assume most of the slides/features will we made off site and then all assembled on site so once this starts progress will be more visible.