Government searches for ways to invest in 2.2 trillion baht project

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(quote..."she further stated it would take 1 and a half months to study each project in full detail and chose the most viable one......" (and sure to be added too)

53 projects x 1-1/2 months each = 79-1/2 months ( 6-1/2 years approx)........

Possibly (say) 20 people studying each project on an average 50k a month salary x 1-1/2 months per study per project = 1,500,000b per project x 53 projects = 9,500,000b

....and that doesn't include lunches..........

To my way of thinking some savage cutting to the (current) 53 item list needs to occur.....there would surely be several "wishful thinking" items on that list

Instead of what THEY wanted, why not have a transport system that serves the public interest.

Standard dual track. Eastern seaboard to BKK------BKK to Nong Khai------BKK to Chiang Mai-----BKK to Malaysia. Rail engines similar to the UK 125/150.

Electric Lines/Diesel ----freight 50% rail. intercity and commuter trains.

All delayed projects scrapped.

All main highways--1--2--3--4 intersections to be scrapped, traffic lights scrapped, entering traffic/cross traffic under /over.

Inter city /town roads updated with attention to U turns/m/cycle lanes. Trams/lines for public transport-built. center BKK roads permits required. updated bus service especially for elderly/infirm.

ALL Thailand school buses regulated/safe and mini/ tour buses speed governed, drivers checked/ vehicles checked.

Just a few of the main things that have to be addressed.

NO NEED for bullet type trains---very fast service covered by airports.

Your last point might be suspect. China's high-speed rail is so popular, it's hurting the domestic airline industry.

http://qz.com/193556/chinas-high-speed-rail-is-so-popular-its-hurting-the-domestic-airline-industry/

China is so communist that news obviously don't travel as fast as they're trying to drive with their "bullet trains".

Please read how many people have died in each accident.

post-108180-0-10229300-1396356310_thumb.

post-108180-0-63891000-1396356331_thumb.

post-108180-0-33030100-1396356335_thumb.

post-108180-0-25188400-1396356337_thumb.

• Like 2

(quote..."she further stated it would take 1 and a half months to study each project in full detail and chose the most viable one......" (and sure to be added too)

53 projects x 1-1/2 months each = 79-1/2 months ( 6-1/2 years approx)........

Possibly (say) 20 people studying each project on an average 50k a month salary x 1-1/2 months per study per project = 1,500,000b per project x 53 projects = 9,500,000b

....and that doesn't include lunches..........

To my way of thinking some savage cutting to the (current) 53 item list needs to occur.....there would surely be several "wishful thinking" items on that list

Do you teach mathematics?

Incredible, this is a caretaker govt, no guarantee they will win the next election or when it will be and they might be forced to quit within weeks anyway, they are fighting for their lives and yet they still carry on as if nothing's amiss, they're determined to get their hands on that money. The arrogance.

• Like 2

And how much of this 2.2 trillion baht will go into the pockets of friends and cronies? whistling.gif

30 to 40 %. Is that acceptable ???? hahaha

From anecdotal evidence that's the right ball park. Used to be 30% for government contracts but creeping up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And how much of this 2.2 trillion baht will go into the pockets of friends and cronies? whistling.gif

Thats easy! 80% goes into their pockets, The job gets finished about 5years after the scheduled date, after allocating the second 2.2 Trillion for all of the "unforeseen delays" and obstacles and difficulties

From what I understand, they are planning to build a sub-sea Mag-Lev rail network system with only two stations, one in BKK and the other in Dubai, to enable PTP members and other pigs at the trough to visit Dubai at the fastest possible speed to brown nose Thaksin of Arabia

Here's the Thaksin of Arabia, the Sultan of political swingers..

Photo taken by me in Dubai last week..

P.S. It seems that a TVF member is using that as his avatar now.

post-108180-0-28522700-1396358934_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

From what I understand, they are planning to build a sub-sea Mag-Lev rail network system with only two stations, one in BKK and the other in Dubai, to enable PTP members and other pigs at the trough to visit Dubai at the fastest possible speed to brown nose Thaksin of Arabia

You pay money to use my photo......thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You pay money to use my photo......thumbsup.gif

Irish is single and Filipino. Will send you her details and photos. And you'll get Scott for free on top.

Maybe China could extend their rail down here. But, that might bring more Chinese tourists. tongue.png

Actually, that is part of the plan. It's all part of a bigger plan to connect the majority of SE Asian nation states to a common transport network. Rail and road. Similar to the high speed rail network in Europe. Might not happen in our lifetime but will happen eventually. Big money needs to be invested now on planing. Route selection and land purchase along the preferred corridor is the major cost. better to purchase now than in 20 years time at 10 times the cost. Preliminary design etc are also added costs. Is how any engineering project evolves. Is a long term strategy. I'm involved in the industry so have some understanding of how it works. Guessing a lot of the loan guarantees would be coming from China.

• Like 1

I'm sure they will find a way that will benefit the populace in the country the least and the politicians and well-connected business the most. Same as it ever was...

They'll opt for a bullet train, but they need to invest in modern restricted access highways and police cruisers to patrol them.

And change the title from "....invest in..." to "...pocket the..." and you'll be closer to the truth.

Edited by connda

I'm sure they will find a way that will benefit the populace in the country the least and the politicians and well-connected business the most. Same as it ever was...

They'll opt for a bullet train, but they need to invest in modern restricted access highways and police cruisers to patrol them.

And change the title from "....invest in..." to "...pocket the..." and you'll be closer to the truth.

I remember when a Thai train driver had disabled the electronic security of the Siemens sky train in Bangkok and it came to an accident.

A week a job advertisement in Bangkok post: "Seeking German train drivers for skytrain in Bangkok. Technology is only as good as the people who're using it.

And this shitty train is made in China, please Google all the accidents. Why would anybody want that?

• Like 2

Too many old Dinosaurs on here. We need vision for a better future. Will not happen if we bury our heads in the sand. Be more positive you lot. Always looking at the negative side will never achieve anything. Nothing will ever be built if we don't invest your time, effort and money. There are numerous international people involved in the planning already. Its not just a Thai project as most here suggest. The SE Asian high speed rail network will be a huge boost to the economy. Not just for Thailand, but for the whole region. Bring it on I say. Cheers you lot. "Don't worry, be happy" "Always look on the bright side of life"

They need to spend that much on their old rolling stock and lines first, they are shocking.

Recently left Butterworth (Malaysia) for Suratthani. Cruising along with little sway and almost silence from wheels on line, beautiful ! Then suddenly "clackity clack" with carriage rocking like hell. Whats happening says i. A nearby passenger told me that we have just passed from Malaysian to Thai Railways.........................and some goose in Bangkok wants a high speed train ?

Seems arse about face doesn't it? The amount is decided but they dont now what they want to build .... so they are hatching the plans how to spend the wonga.

So where did the number 2.2 trillion come from? Perhaps Boss in Dubai reckons the loans need to be that amount to facilitate the return of his 72 billion, by the back door. Either way, he will be getting his donation back.

Too many old Dinosaurs on here. We need vision for a better future. Will not happen if we bury our heads in the sand. Be more positive you lot. Always looking at the negative side will never achieve anything. Nothing will ever be built if we don't invest your time, effort and money. There are numerous international people involved in the planning already. Its not just a Thai project as most here suggest. The SE Asian high speed rail network will be a huge boost to the economy. Not just for Thailand, but for the whole region. Bring it on I say. Cheers you lot. "Don't worry, be happy" "Always look on the bright side of life"

Mick what you say is very true when you are talking about a truly civilized, educated, democratic society. This is Thailand lest you forget. Maybe five generations from now what you say might hold water but for now, Thailand is nothing more than a sieve that loses more water than it holds.

• Like 1

With 50+ projects to be studied at 1 1/2 moths each, that is a lot of budget just to make a payroll for all those involved in the study to number them by someones importance wegie board. Government reasoning at its most profound state.

don't forget all them fact finding trips,apart from flying off,theres those studying trips to,pattaya,Phuket,samui,for all the city officials,booze,sex,ect.that comes out of the budget.