Clamp Down On Foriegn "land Ownership"

Deadcert

I was wondering if anyone in Hua Hin had effected bythe recent much publisised clamp down on "foriegn Land ownership" :o

One of the articles I have read has blamed the expolosion of ferlang Villas in Hua Hin, another said that the development has been brought to a standstill. :D

Just wondered whether anyone has any experience to share?

"Never trust a Wolf in womens clothing" !

Edited by Deadcert

I was wondering if anyone in Hua Hin had effected bythe recent much publisised clamp down on "foriegn Land ownership" :o

One of the articles I have read has blamed the expolosion of ferlang Villas in Hua Hin, another said that the development has been brought to a standstill. :D

A friend just had his attempt to register a land purchase to his company turned down by Hua Hin Land Titles who demanded to see all the directors of the company in person and interrogate them as to where they got the funds to buy the land.....farang better stick to buying condos at least until this problem goes away.

Looks like it's another storm in tea cup. :D:D

A friend just had his attempt to register a land purchase to his company turned down by Hua Hin Land Titles who demanded to see all the directors of the company in person and interrogate them as to where they got the funds to buy the land.....farang better stick to buying condos at least until this problem goes away.

• 2 weeks later...

Deadcert

In answer to your plight, two weeks ago I transferred some land in Cha-am into my company name and after the upset with the legal system now being enforced.

This transfer was done in the Cha-am land office.

I have been told that land transfers are now being done in both offices Hua Hin and Cha-am.

I know this doesn’t help your friend’s situation but it can be done if everything is correct with the company papers.

Regards TJ

Deadcert

In answer to your plight, two weeks ago I transferred some land in Cha-am into my company name and after the upset with the legal system now being enforced.

I have been told that land transfers are now being done in both offices Hua Hin and Cha-am.

I know this doesn’t help your friend’s situation but it can be done if everything is correct with the company papers.

Regards TJ

Hi TJ xpat,

Thats a very helpful post, but could you expand on what the land office wanted to see in respect of the company papers? For example, did they want proof of the investments of the Thai shareholders, personal details, bank info etc, or were they just happy with the company split?

Any extra info would be helpful as I am looking to purchase and kind of feel that this will blow over and I've heard of similar tales to yours, but not the detail of what happened?

I am not an expert in thisa area but can't work out how to get over proving the "legitimacy" of the Thai shareholders?

Thanks

Ollie

Deadcert

Regards TJ

Hi TJ xpat,

Thats a very helpful post, but could you expand on what the land office wanted to see in respect of the company papers? For example, did they want proof of the investments of the Thai shareholders, personal details, bank info etc, or were they just happy with the company split?

Any extra info would be helpful as I am looking to purchase and kind of feel that this will blow over and I've heard of similar tales to yours, but not the detail of what happened?

I am not an expert in thisa area but can't work out how to get over proving the "legitimacy" of the Thai shareholders?

Thanks

Ollie

Ollie

If you would like I can put you in contact with the legal company I used to transfer my land, just drop me an email for the details.

Regards TJ

Usufruct ,but only if you have Thai wife. Good luck

Hey pepi1, a lifetime usufruct will not improve your sleep! If you happen to have an untimely accident the property is then your wife's. Could be the reason why in France they installed the words "natural death" in usufruct law. :o

DRAGONMAN-----If you are dead then good luck to the wife. I presume the wife would be getting the house, car etc etc anyway. If you want to leave something for family in home country then dont take or invest all your money in Thailand. In my opinion, be prepared to lose whatever money you bring into Thailand.

DRAGONMAN-----If you are dead then good luck to the wife. I presume the wife would be getting the house, car etc etc anyway. If you want to leave something for family in home country then dont take or invest all your money in Thailand. In my opinion, be prepared to lose whatever money you bring into Thailand.

Methinks that you have missed the "irony" in Dragonmans response?

“Land Transfers”

Just been informed by my lawyer that the law is now being revised and as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name as long as there is only one expat director.

Regards TJ

Usufruct ,but only if you have Thai wife. Good luck

Hey pepi1, a lifetime usufruct will not improve your sleep! If you happen to have an untimely accident the property is then your wife's. Could be the reason why in France they installed the words "natural death" in usufruct law. :o

Dragonman,

Perhaps pepi1's wife is like my wife - scared sh1tless of ghosts! She knows that if she ever did anything to cause my untimely death, I'd be there to haunt her forever. :D

“Land Transfers”

Just been informed by my lawyer that the law is now being revised and as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name as long as there is only one expat director.

Regards TJ

Regret - but I do not believe in your "lawyer" at all. He should know what it means to change a law in Thailand. Please bear in mind that there is no backing from the Thai people or the Thai politicians (the final "law-makers") that farangs should be allowed to own land in Thailand.

Edited by tominchaam

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

Regret - but I do not believe in your "lawyer" at all. He should know what it means to change a law in Thailand. Please bear in mind that there is no backing from the Thai people or the Thai politicians (the final "law-makers") that farangs should be allowed to own land in Thailand.

Tomincham

“The proof of the pudding will be in the eating”

If you read again what I wrote I said transfer into their company name and “NOT” into a farangs name.

This is the only problem with the forum it is people that view their thoughts before they are sure about what they know.

As for my lawyer I have every confidence in his company to provide me with the correct information, it has always be reliable in the past.

I posted a few weeks ago that I had after all the problems lately and during this time that I transferred land into my company name and doing this through the lawyer that you do not believe in, maybe you have been using the wrong people or you are just prepared to rent.

Regards TJ

"Deathcert"= YOU will never "own the land". No matter what you do, your (Spouse/Girlfriend will).

Especially now, that that "Thai-Authorities" finally have discovered, that a house that is not part in any commercial activity does not qualify as a "Company".

But then again. if you sell your used socks in front of your house, you might be be able to declare this as a viable bussines venture (as long as your wife/girlfriend is with you, and she happens to have "good connections " to the local "Chief of Police", possibly her brother). If this should be the case, you will never have to worry about anything in Thailand anymore.

Otherwise, and if you have no reliable income from "abroad": Go home, work hard and visit Thailand as a tourist and spend your money on "occasional Opportunities" in Pattaya. Believe me, in the long run it's a lot chaeper and more fun, instead of "importing" the most dangerous "Export-Product" (women!) that Thailand has to offer into your "Home Country"!

Anyone listening? Probably not! Nevermind.

Cheers.

Regards TJ

Sorry Tjxpat. But you said ” the law is now being revised as from next week 12 July 2006 etc”. This I still not believe to be correct. The fact that you will get land registered into a company name with one farang I have no reasons not to believe. It has been done at a lot of land offices during the last month so this is nothing new. But for a law to revised is another piece of your "pudding". No reason for you to worry whether I rent or not. Have had properties here for many years using different legal set ups. Finally – good luck with your registration!

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

a mate of mine told me this yesterday, heard it first hand from laywer also...unless your the same person rollie pollie :o:D:D

:D:D

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

OK TK xpat. July 12th was yesterday. You posted "hot news" - and I did not believe it which you did not like. Has the law been revised? If not you might have been fooled by your good lawyer or both of you have fooled many readers. Do not tell me anything about a letter beeing sent out to all landoffices - that is not not revise the law! I feel sorry for those people using this forum for accurate information - and getting something else.

Edited by tominchaam

I think rule number one of this forum applies:

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Edited by Khun Jean

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

OK TK xpat. July 12th was yesterday. You posted "hot news" - and I did not believe it which you did not like. Has the law been revised? If not you might have been fooled by your good lawyer or both of you have fooled many readers. Do not tell me anything about a letter beeing sent out to all landoffices - that is not not revise the law! I feel sorry for those people using this forum for accurate information - and getting something else.

tominchaam

I can only write as to what I have been told, today I had an update to the information that I posted.

There has been a slight change to to the starting date what I wrote last week, “as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name” but I have now been informed after my layer phoned the land department this morning (17th July) that they are now waiting for the letter from the minister of the inertia allowing this process, this is expected to be in force in one or two weeks, after this arrives and not forgetting this is Thailand the above will then be in force.

Regards TJ

Can i have this lawyers name.

At least i will be able to avoid him.

Expats, company name. You mean 49% ownership of company.

It is the same old story again.

It gets boring and i also poor the people who think this is good information.

Or did your lawyer forget to mention "40 million baht"?

Only way to get the government to change these laws is to not invest or buy anything at all! It might get there attention, but i doubt it.

Do like the Chinese and wait one generation.

Edited by Khun Jean

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

tominchaam

I can only write as to what I have been told, today I had an update to the information that I posted.

There has been a slight change to to the starting date what I wrote last week, “as from next week 12 July 2006 expats will be able to transfer one Rai of land into their company name” but I have now been informed after my layer phoned the land department this morning (17th July) that they are now waiting for the letter from the minister of the inertia allowing this process, this is expected to be in force in one or two weeks, after this arrives and not forgetting this is Thailand the above will then be in force.

Regards TJ

TJxpat – on July 8th you wrote “The proof of the pudding will be in the eating”! I hope you realise that your misleading post (that you now indirectly confirmed to be wrong) can be considered your own pudding. Good appetite! I hope you will be more careful in the future and refrain from misleading all readers here. To revise a law is by the way something entirely different from what you spoke about in your last post!

“Land Transfers”

Regards TJ

tominchaam

Regards TJ

TJxpat – on July 8th you wrote “The proof of the pudding will be in the eating”! I hope you realise that your misleading post (that you now indirectly confirmed to be wrong) can be considered your own pudding. Good appetite! I hope you will be more careful in the future and refrain from misleading all readers here. To revise a law is by the way something entirely different from what you spoke about in your last post!

Well they are certainly going to have to do something as ordinary Thais are complaining because all the building has come to a stop.

It's easy to forget that this is a 2 way street.

In one province, they are no longer looking at the income of any Thais, as of July 9th they are allowing any Thai company with a 49% foreign shareholder wanting to register land to do so, as long as that foreigner is only a shareholder of one Thai company that owns land and if that company is looking to buy no more than one rai of land with up to one house. This is the solution to cut down on foreign property developers and money launderers rather than causing problems for registration of land to Thai companies with individual investors.