Tablet, wait or buy

torals

Hi

I have never owned a tablet before. Only laptops. I've decided to take the leap and buy one. I don't have a huge amount of money to spend but perhaps 10000-14000 baht. I can't stand Apple so it has to be Android.

I have looking at 2. The Samsung tab 3 10.1 and the Note 8. My plan was to buy one next week.. however today I've found out that it is rumored that the Tab 4's will probably be released on the 24th of this month.

Has anyone with experience with electronics know how long these things take to filter there way here. Assuming it was released on April 24th, when would it likely hit the shops here? If it would be quite a while I might just buy the Tab 3 10.1

Any suggestions would be great

Thankyou

Use your knowledge of the forthcoming product to negotiate a discount.

There's always new products coming onto the market. You could wait forever. If the current tablet does what you want, and the new one would only be say 5% faster, then would you settle for the current one now with a 5% discount?

The samsung tab line like this one only comes out once a year. It's supposed to be announced in 3 weeks, being released in the US in the first week of may.

I suppose my question is how long does it take for these things to arrive in bangkok. Could it be may also. If it is june then i'll buy now.

Personally I'd buy one with 4:3 aspect ratio as they're better for reading A4 PDFs. iPads are 4:3, not that I'm an Apple devotee. Many of the Chinese tablets are 4:3 also but I wouldn't buy as quility isn't very high. Lenovo have moved away from 4:3 for their latest tablets, sadly. Samsung's are 16:9... which is great for maktrosa mpeg media files but not much else.

Edited by RandomSand

Personally I'd buy one with 4:3 aspect ratio as they're better for reading A4 PDFs. iPads are 4:3, not that I'm an Apple devotee. Many of the Chinese tablets are 4:3 also but I wouldn't buy as quility isn't very high. Lenovo have moved away from 4:3 for their latest tablets, sadly. Samsung's are 16:9... which is great for maktrosa mpeg media files but not much else.

that is quite a strange way of thinking, but anyway i have already decided to buy the samsung tab. My question is whether or not things get bangkok quickly when released? or is there a delay of a few months

There is often a delay of several (say, 2 to 3) months for the best known brands. BTW, I picked up a Tab 3 10.1 in the States about 5 months ago. It is paired with a combo case/bluetooth keyboard. I really haven't used it all that much, but the intention is to carry it on biz trips rather than a laptop computer. I think it is a nice tablet. It is fast and has an excellent screen. I use it with a 64gb micro SD card and have been more than pleased with it. YouTube have some tutorials on replacing the battery which was a plus for me. I can't see the wisdom in getting something like an Apple iPad because it is next to impossible to change the battery in the bloody thing with serious risk of destroying the tablet.

Hi

I have never owned a tablet before. Only laptops. I've decided to take the leap and buy one. I don't have a huge amount of money to spend but perhaps 10000-14000 baht. I can't stand Apple so it has to be Android.

I have looking at 2. The Samsung tab 3 10.1 and the Note 8. My plan was to buy one next week.. however today I've found out that it is rumored that the Tab 4's will probably be released on the 24th of this month.

Has anyone with experience with electronics know how long these things take to filter there way here. Assuming it was released on April 24th, when would it likely hit the shops here? If it would be quite a while I might just buy the Tab 3 10.1

Thankyou

Have a look at the Lenovo Yoga 10'1 tablet. This is strictly from the point of your budget. I have queried the salesperson, but do check if the 3G version is for data only and not available to make calls!

Sent from my GT-P6200

Hi

Thankyou

Have a look at the Lenovo Yoga 10'1 tablet. This is strictly from the point of your budget. I have queried the salesperson, but do check if the 3G version is for data only and not available to make calls!

Sent from my GT-P6200

My understanding is that the 8' you can make calls with.

Sent from my GT-P6200

There is often a delay of several (say, 2 to 3) months for the best known brands. BTW, I picked up a Tab 3 10.1 in the States about 5 months ago. It is paired with a combo case/bluetooth keyboard. I really haven't used it all that much, but the intention is to carry it on biz trips rather than a laptop computer. I think it is a nice tablet. It is fast and has an excellent screen. I use it with a 64gb micro SD card and have been more than pleased with it. YouTube have some tutorials on replacing the battery which was a plus for me. I can't see the wisdom in getting something like an Apple iPad because it is next to impossible to change the battery in the bloody thing with serious risk of destroying the tablet.

Better off buying a battery pack if you want to extend the use.

Not much difference between Tab models so far, 1, 2 and 3 almost identical.

Better off buying a battery pack if you want to extend the use.

Not much difference between Tab models so far, 1, 2 and 3 almost identical.

Lenovo claims the yoga tablet could last 18 hours although the salesperson said good for 10-12 hours, depends on usage. Big selling point for me! Oh yeah, Dolby sounds system too!

P. S. I am no Lenovo salesman :)

Sent from my GT-P6200

Probably best buy for the money right now is the Nexus 10. I've got one and have used it everyday for months. With the correct application installed, it works as a remote control for my Minix Neo X7. Beautiful 1080P TV!

If your on a budget then the Tab 2 is virtually the same as Tab 3 only a little lighter and the speakers have been put on the side instead of the front making it a tad smaller. But you can buy a Tab2 in MBK Bangkok now for around 8,900 baht. I've got one of these and was looking to upgrade but the 2 does everything the 3 does and can't see the point of spending money for a little bit different look.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1