Who to report a Phone Company to in Thailand?

chappie1207

Just a quick one, who can I report a phone company (AIS) to in Thailand? The b***ards keep sending me SPAM SMS even though I have told them many times to stop, but worse is they charge for each one!

Reporting anybody for anything in Thailand is often an exercise in futility and would definitely be so in this case.

The bit about charging you for receipt of SMS puzzles me, though. Like everyone else I get tons of spam SMSes but never been charged for them. What sort of plan do you have with AIS? And do you delete the spam messages without opening them?

Reporting anybody for anything in Thailand is often an exercise in futility and would definitely be so in this case.

The bit about charging you for receipt of SMS puzzles me, though. Like everyone else I get tons of spam SMSes but never been charged for them. What sort of plan do you have with AIS? And do you delete the spam messages without opening them?

I have a basic post paid package (200 baht for 200 minutes of calls), have attached a picture of the charges. and yes i delete the message without opening.

post-107946-0-02783600-1396415356_thumb.

Edited by chappie1207

If you call the 4 digit AIS call center number you can automatically cancel all SMS messages with 24 hours. Works just fine.

Yes have done this 3 times before which stopped it for a while, but now they are sending again which is why i want to report them.

I have had the same number/sim for 8 years now. Prepaid AIS 12Call. More than a few years ago or so I started getting a lot of these junk messages. My wife and I made a trip to the local AIS center in Rayong and talked with a rep there. Explained the situation. The rep made some changes on the computer system which I assume was related to my number and from that point to today I never get spam texts.

I would think the same is the case today. Make a trip to AIS shop (not a Telewiz shop). They should be able to fix this

I knew a Welshman who walked into AIS with his sim. When they refused to reimburse some overcharges, he picked up a pair of scissors from inside the staff service counter, told them to put their company where the sun don't shine and then proceeded to cut up the sim into tiny pieces before throwing it at them laugh.png.

• Like 1