Which better 600k in Thai or 1.6Mill in UK?

tebee

My wife's a doctor in BKK, works 7 days a week doing 3 jobs and earns about 600 k baht per year. Her Chinese qualifications are not recognized in France where I live or the UK where I come from, so she can't work as a Dr there.

But an old friend, who runs a care home back in the UK, has lost his manager and asked me if my wife would be interested in the job. He reckons with her background, she'll be able to get through the accreditation within 6 months. The Salary is about £30,000 or 1.6 million baht.

So which is going to give the better lifestyle ? Normally I'd have thought still the Thai one, but the job comes with some perks, A small 2 bed managers self contained flat on the premises, so no utility bills either and the possibility of profit share and/or buying the business - My friend's just turned 70 so want's to retire.

It would be better me as I could be full time with my wife - currently I come Thailand for one or 2 three month stretches per year and my wife comes to Europe twice a year for a up to month at a time. I have health problems which would make it difficult for me to get cover if I was to move permanently to Thailand. My wife already has a residence card here so moving back to the UK is not a problem visa wise for her - Though I'm a little unsure about moving back after 8 years away.

So what do we do? Stay in the warmth of Thailand, wait until we have enough saved and move to France or move back together to good old rainy blighty ?

Good grief 20K USD a year working three jobs. Wouldn't a better option be for you to start a medical related website selling into the western markets. Not difficult to generate 20K in income....and she wouldn't be working 7 days a week.

Here is an idea. Why not start a website offering your wife as a personal physician for wealthy families visiting Phuket and Pattaya. She should be able to generate 600K in the matter of a few months in high season.

PM me if you want to get this business model off the ground, I may well invest and I can arrange the web development.

A BKK Doctor earning THB 50K/month? Can't see how that is possible...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

maybe as a witch doctor

Shona_witch_doctor_(Zimbabwe).jpg

a friend of mine works as doctor at bangkok hospital he makes 350k a month plus commission on whatever surgery he can sell..

Yep I think it's a terrible wage too, keep telling her she'd make more working the night shift in the local chicken processing factor here !

She works at one of the smaller international hospitals on the outskirts of Bangkok, rather that a prestigious one in the center - she tells me it's more that the Dr's at the government hospital make. She does one day a week teaching at one of the universities for wich she gets the grand sum of 1,500 baht and they are threatening to stop that unless she gets a masters degree.

She also specializes in TCM - Traditional Chinese Medicine, although she does have some western medical knowledge too, she is not qualified to work as a Dr in that.

I've suggested she opens her own clinic, but she's worried that the cost of getting the right premises in an affluent area would be hard to recover. I don't make enough from my business for her not to have to work, so it would be hard while she got established.

Yep I think it's a terrible wage too, keep telling her she'd make more working the night shift in the local chicken processing factor here !

She works at one of the smaller international hospitals on the outskirts of Bangkok, rather that a prestigious one in the center - she tells me it's more that the Dr's at the government hospital make. She does one day a week teaching at one of the universities for wich she gets the grand sum of 1,500 baht and they are threatening to stop that unless she gets a masters degree.

She also specializes in TCM - Traditional Chinese Medicine, although she does have some western medical knowledge too, she is not qualified to work as a Dr in that.

I've suggested she opens her own clinic, but she's worried that the cost of getting the right premises in an affluent area would be hard to recover. I don't make enough from my business for her not to have to work, so it would be hard while she got established.

Are you for real? You're not, are you.

Would the husband of a doctor really discuss his and his wife's future on an anonymous forum such as this?

Stop being silly. You're neither funny nor clever.