'Special Way' to end conflict possible, Thai Army Chief says

webfact

The military have no right to meddle in politics. Who the hell does Prayuth think he is? By rights, this monster should be stripped of his rank for his continued threats to launch a coup.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you should be careful what you write. Calling the Army chief a monster is defamation. I wish he could see what you wrote and be deported for soch childish and ignorant posts. In Singapore you would be quickely dealt with as would a lot of other posters on this forum

555 right now I am in the middle of moving out of Thailand anyway. I am deeply worried by the way things are going, and have no desire to live in a dictatorship (the yellow dream, and what Singapore is BTW), or a war zone (which is what will likely eventuate because a lot of Thais don't want dictatorship either) . Plus I think that if Prayuth wants to sue anyone for defamation, then he has much bigger fish to fry than anyone on this forum.

You say that my posts are childish and ignorant? Do some reading on what happened in Bangkok in 2010. I was living in central Bangkok the whole time and saw what Prayuth unleashed with my own eyes.

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Today we have to be the Thais who have order, respect the laws, and sacrifice our personal interests for the sake of the national interests,

The good news is: all of the above mentioned would fit in one bus and can easily tour the country for missionary work about their new understanding of Thainess.

The military have no right to meddle in politics. Who the hell does Prayuth think he is? By rights, this monster should be stripped of his rank for his continued threats to launch a coup.

You did not even read what he said

you just rushed in like a buffalo into a rice paddock

calling some on a monster in Thailand is an offence under the law

So we now see you are nothing but a would be criminal hiding behind a key board

so we should all take you comments for the person you are

He has never threatened to coup, in fact he has said it would not be the answer!

Though if the UDD and PDRC keep pushing he may very well have to, or would you prefer civil war?

If he launches a coup then he will probably trigger civil war. What he should have done is deployed soldiers to protect the election from Suthep's thugs. Thailand would have avoided being in limbo like it is now, and the reds wouldn't believe that the army is pro-yellow, and would likely not be raising their own militias.

But then the PTP would have claimed political immunity to avoid the array of corruption charges they face. Then they would've tried to ram or sneak through the amnesty bill again, claiming it was the will of the people. Even though their minority mandate would have been lower than their last one.

Not as easy as you thought - and handing the reins back to an administration that has been shown to act illegally, lie, cheat, and refuses to account for where the money as all gone or open the books, clearly isn't the answer.

Handing the reins over to an unelected group is even worse. Without needing to care about the support of the electorate, they would be a law unto themselves and their corruption would be worse than anything PTP have ever done.

• Like 2

haha, and what law would that be? What a ridiculous thing to make up.

you should be careful what you write. Calling the Army chief a monster is defamation. I wish he could see what you wrote and be deported for soch childish and ignorant posts. In Singapore you would be quickely dealt with as would a lot of other posters on this forum

555 right now I am in the middle of moving out of Thailand anyway. I am deeply worried by the way things are going, and have no desire to live in a dictatorship (the yellow dream, and what Singapore is BTW), or a war zone (which is what will likely eventuate because a lot of Thais don't want dictatorship either) . Plus I think that if Prayuth wants to sue anyone for defamation, then he has much bigger fish to fry than anyone on this forum.

You say that my posts are childish and ignorant? Do some reading on what happened in Bangkok in 2010. I was living in central Bangkok the whole time and saw what Prayuth unleashed with my own eyes.

Don't forget to close and lock the door on the way out, return the key - no need for a forwarding address, Oh!and sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, maybe next trip you take you should do a bit more research before venturing too far away from home and your parents.

• Like 1

I read exactly what he said. This is a very thinly veiled threat to launch a coup. Go back to what he said about needing to find a way to end the crisis "either by a legal way or a special way". What else does this "special" way mean if it is used as a contrast to a "legal" way? Especially coming from the mouth of a general who was involved in the last coup?

• Like 1

Military top brass meet on current political situation

PNPOL570403001000201_03042014_100520.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 April 2014, (NNT) - Supreme Commander General Thanasak Patimaprakorn has urged all sides to refrain from using violence amid the rising political temperature.

The comment came after the meeting among military top brass yesterday at the Royal Thai Army Headquarter, during which General Thanasak commented that the political sector must find a way to peacefully address its problems.

Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-Ocha revealed that the meeting had unanimously agreed to provide security for the people, referring to the planned rallies of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee leaders inside Lumpini Park and the rally by United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship near Buddhamonthon roads, both this Saturday.

According to General Prayuth, the meeting also set up guidelines for the military personnel to follow in case the two sides clash; however, he declined to give specific details on the matter. He urged both groups not to resort to using violence and to have faith in the judicial system. He hoped for the nation to have a peaceful Songkran.

In regard to recent politically related bombings, shootings and other incidents, police head honcho Adul Saengsingkeaw said investigations are now underway.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-03 footer_n.gif

He has never threatened to coup, in fact he has said it would not be the answer!

Though if the UDD and PDRC keep pushing he may very well have to, or would you prefer civil war?

If he launches a coup then he will probably trigger civil war. What he should have done is deployed soldiers to protect the election from Suthep's thugs. Thailand would have avoided being in limbo like it is now, and the reds wouldn't believe that the army is pro-yellow, and would likely not be raising their own militias.

you deleted the last line

"and the country would continue being ripped off by a corrupt government as they become richer and the people become poorer

an suicide would be come the norm

So with the lines you forgot to add now printed

I agree with you in full

Stop over-reacting.....

What do you expect them to do if this weekend ends up in pure carnage????

Sit back and watch so you can come on here and criticize them for allowing it to happen?

Talk about naive.

Add to that talk of secession from Red supporters, and the Reds rounding up militia armies and the government not condoning them.

I don't care much and don't get heated about Thai politics. But I can tell for sure your is a pitiful posting, made of empty menacing from a powerless keyboard warrior, against any basic principle of freedom of expression. Enjoy your Singapore or North Korea approach to debating, and please stay there as much as possible.

Agreed. What a contemptible post.

so what you saying is TVF does not have to live in the real world

defamation is only existing in the real world not the internet fantasy world you live in

Problem here is Gemini is right his words are a criminal offence in Thailand if you like it or not

Don't forget to close and lock the door on the way out, return the key - no need for a forwarding address, Oh!and sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, maybe next trip you take you should do a bit more research before venturing too far away from home and your parents.

On the whole I enjoyed living in Thailand very much (the only exception being when I was living in downtown Bangkok in May 2010). But right now the country is going full steam ahead on a direct course towards civil war.

I would still like to come back if / when things subside.

• Like 1

I don't care much and don't get heated about Thai politics. But I can tell for sure your is a pitiful posting, made of empty menacing from a powerless keyboard warrior, against any basic principle of freedom of expression. Enjoy your Singapore or North Korea approach to debating, and please stay there as much as possible.

Postings with defamation & libel are against the Thaivisa rules.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I was also living and working in Bangkok in 2010 and I also saw firsthand the violence and rioting from the red shit protestors (terrorists). It was a war zone. Without the rioting and violence, there would have been no crackdown. Cause and effect.

There are many of us who went through the same

But we do not cry about it

we just get on with our lives as we are guest here only , and we can leave any time we want

Please let us know when you leave there are many members here who will send to a farewell card

and also many of use who will stay because we believe in a future better Thailand

And Thaksin was trying to "make a deal" with this monster but you already know that of course.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/110535/the-thaksin-yutthasak-tape-is-it-real/

http://asiamedia.lmu.edu/2013/07/17/thailand-guilty-until-proven-innocent/

• Like 1

"Suppose you work in a company, and you decide to protest against the company owner," Gen. Prayuth asked the reporter instead, "Can you do that? If you don't agree with your supervisor, do you dare firing that person? If not, then you must do your duty. Whatever duty that has been entrusted to you, you must do it accordingly".

1zgarz5.gif

Gen Prayuth, you do not work for a company owned by the Shinawatra or by any other clan. You work for Thailand and you owe your duty to the Thai Citizens!

If you see wrongdoing in your supervisor, you have to act in the interests of the country, not to protect your career for your personal interest.

1zgarz5.gif

Edited by MGP

I was also living and working in Bangkok in 2010 and I also saw firsthand the violence and rioting from the red shit protestors (terrorists). It was a war zone. Without the rioting and violence, there would have been no crackdown. Cause and effect.

Where is the justification for shooting at unarmed people that are running away from you? Or using snipers to randomly lop people off?

I was actually slightly against the Reds until that time.

Edited by ThailandNoob

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appo

Where is the justification for shooting at unarmed people that are running away from you? Or using snipers to randomly lop people off?

Yes, indeed. Where is the justification to shoot at unarmed civilians, use RPG's and grenades, commit arson, assault civilians etc ... all things the red shit protestors did in 2010, long BEFORE the Army stepped in.

Well given the current political situation the man is indeed walking a tight line.

Perhaps before you reply to the article you should learn to read or get some one who knows how to read it to you as obviously you have no understanding of the English language.

Did you ask the person who read it to you what it said or did you just assume that it was a coup because it did not support corruption?

Also you are forgetting that it is the duty of the Army to protect Thailand. Even if it is a one man invasion. Or a coup attempt by thugs.wai.gif I hope this has cleared things up for you.wai.gif

The perpetrator is in Dubai there General. Get to the point, stop delaying and get kick out PTP once and for all.

Be careful maybe he wants to kick out Suthep. His problem is still and will always be that 60% plus of his men and officers are red shirts and this time they will stand up for what is right.

• Like 1

we just get on with our lives as we are guest here only , and we can leave any time we want

Please let us know when you leave there are many members here who will send to a farewell card

and also many of use who will stay because we believe in a future better Thailand

How can you be so callous as to not be sad when people are shot dead?

I speak fluent Thai (well enough that people often think I'm luuk khreung even though I'm not) and have two half sisters that were born here, live here, only have Thai citizenship and speak very little English. Maybe I am not a full citizen, but I think I am more than just a random guest.

Yes, indeed. Where is the justification to shoot at unarmed civilians, use RPG's and grenades, commit arson, assault civilians etc ... all things the red shit protestors did in 2010, long BEFORE the Army stepped in.

I clearly remember seeing the army doing the things I described well before the red shirts torched anything.

• Like 2

What?

As i said, even the Army is divided and they don't know yet what comes next.

They will fail again anyway.

The army is divided is it?

Well that is the first declaration I have heard anywhere.

Please furnish us with some specific news reports directing to this announcement.

Or are you just another armchair expert that knows everything that has not yet been announced in the media.

Maybe you should be a journalist with such powers to know everything that is going on behind closed doors.

The army in Thailand will never be divided, they are trained to uphold the interests of the nation, with the first duty to the King, the second duty to the people, and the third duty to the government, and that goes for every single person in the military.

Any dissent will be court Martial as it will be seen as going against his majesty the king, and that will NOT BE TOLERATED.

So dream on.

Your arrogance is exceeded by your ignorance.

Read for an education on your undivided army http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/04/27/the-deep-political-crisis-within-the-royal-thai-army-officer-corps/

• Like 2

I cry about it. So do the fatherless children, the sisters and brothers, the parents and friends of those freedom fighters ruthlessly mown down by by the cruel and the wicked.

• Like 1

"Every Thai must return to be the order-loving Thais, not the do-whatever-I-want Thais," Gen. Prayuth said, offering advice to anti- and pro-government protesters alike, "Today we have to be the Thais who have order, respect the laws, and sacrifice our personal interests for the sake of the national interests, to ensure that the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy will be safe".

Was that address to the anti- government protesters that have caused so much damaged to Bangkok and Thailand a whole?

Why did he not say that before, but only after all of these months of protests and killings.

I, for one, hold you, Gen. Prayuth and the whole of the Armed Forces of Thailand responsible for your inaction in this matter, not to remove the protesters from all the Streets in Thailand (to protect the last election help on Feb 2nd) (which cost Thailand 3.2 Billion Baht or more) and get it back to what is used to be "The Land of Smiles"

The Thai Armed Forces failed to deliver on their "Oath" to keep the Nation safe.

Shame on you all, the so called "Thai Armed Forces" .

Please give us back "The Land of Smiles" wai.gif

Why did he not say that before, but only after all of these 
months of protests and killings

He is the Army it was the police job to do that. He had to give them there chance to do their job.

Yes the police have failed miserably. Being a Thaksin orientated organization what did you expect?

The General has done every thing rite. Including refusing to get drawn into a coup that the PTP would be very happy to see.

It would just allow them to defend them selves by pointing their finger at others as the fault of all the problems they have created. Also allow some one else to solve it. Solving the problems is not in their range of abilities. No money in it for them.

I clearly remember seeing the army doing the things I described well before the red shirts torched anything.

Then you either were not really here or are so blinded by propaganda you've forgotten the ACTUAL events that occurred at that time.

The red shirt protestors were committing acts of violence and shootings and bombings long before the Army stepped in. It went on for weeks prior to the Army getting involved. You don't remember all those attacks from the BTS platforms and flyovers? Those were your peaceful red shirts doing the shooting and bombings.

The only thing I was surprised about was that it took so long before action was taken. Of course, yet again, if the Police had even done a fraction of their duty, it needn't have escalated as it did. As it was, they were paid stooges for Thaksin and did absolutely nothing, same as they are doing now.

As i said, even the Army is divided and they don't know yet what comes next.

They will fail again anyway.

The army is divided is it?

Well that is the first declaration I have heard anywhere.

Please furnish us with some specific news reports directing to this announcement.

Or are you just another armchair expert that knows everything that has not yet been announced in the media.

Maybe you should be a journalist with such powers to know everything that is going on behind closed doors.

The army in Thailand will never be divided, they are trained to uphold the interests of the nation, with the first duty to the King, the second duty to the people, and the third duty to the government, and that goes for every single person in the military.

Any dissent will be court Martial as it will be seen as going against his majesty the king, and that will NOT BE TOLERATED.

So dream on.

Your arrogance is exceeded by your ignorance.

Read for an education on your undivided army http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/04/27/the-deep-political-crisis-within-the-royal-thai-army-officer-corps/

I think the army propaganda wing has entered the discussion ladies and gentleman. Better to watch our words.

• Like 2

What?

Too difficult to understand? Let me try and make it simpler. If the red shirt terrorists hadn't occupied downtown Bangkok for months on end in 2010, disrupted businesses (many of them their own supporters) and made it into a actual war zone with their constant shootings and bombings, there would have been no crackdown.