Condo Insurance

Mahseer

I need to arrange insurance for my condo. I know of QBE but would prefer a second option to compare coverage. I ran a search and don't see anything later than Nov 04 so maybe some new boys in town?

Thanks

Yes apparently so. I have QBE coming around tomorrow to quote. As per previous this is for a condo so I cannot comment regards a house. I have no prior knowledge of QBE but this is their address, maybe others can recommend them or advise of better options:

QBE

Chiangmai Branch

2/1-3 Thipayanetr Road,

Tambol Haiya, Amphur Muang,

Chiangmai 50100, Thailand.

Tel. (053) 283833-7 Direct Line (053) 283831

Khun Banjob Soontornsawad (Branch Manager)

I have a QBE policy but got it initially from some guy in Hillside 4 - I have now lost his contact details. It is special for condo's and was not meantioned when I initially went to QBE, but they happily renew it. If they don't meantion it push for details. Costs 5,000 for 2 million of cover and includes personal liability in thailand, earthquake cover and damage caused by buffalo. Also all documents translated into English, although the Thai version is the legal version. By the way I don't think it is quite 'new for old' cover but replacement cover for theft etc.

I went to Arriva (old CU) and a couple of other companies and found I could get cheaper cover down to about 3,000, but earthquake and other cover was often left out or cost 1,000 more.

FOr me QBE gives the right level of coverage at an acceptable price. What they are like if you claim I don't know, but the manager does support Liverpool so should be OK???????

If you drive from Tesco Lotus to the Amari Rincome on the Superhigheway, you will find about a dozen insurance companies that offer various kinds of insurance (located on both sides of the highway). I stopped in at about 3 of them a month ago and the coverage and prices varied quite a bit. I know that the insurance company directly beside BUPA had condo insurance.