Looking for a new phone. Some questions for Lenovo P780 owners.

Shurup

Looking for a new (company) phone. Was told the budget is up to the value of iPhone 5 32Gb. Can't stand the damned thing and my company had no issues with me ordering whatever else as long as it's not more expensive than the iPhone, which is roughly 27,000 baht, which means pretty much any other phone on a market as there any that are more expensive than the iPhone.

Anyways, the goal is not to spend add much money add I can. I want a phone that I can use all day long (meaning large capacity battery), has a decent size screen for checking and replying emails (around 5" +/-).

Phone will be used mainly in Bangladesh.

I've been researching some phones and I like the Lenovo P780 model for its huge 4000mah battery and a 5" HD ips screen. Dual SIM is a nice bonus.

AFAIK, Bangladesh uses 800 and 1900 2G bands and 2100 3G band, which would be compatible with the phone?

Folks who got this phone. How do you like it? How is a call quality? How is a call quality comparing to other phones you owned (which phones are toy comparing to)? How is a stock email app? Can it work with Microsoft Exchange account? I know I can install something from a market, but I haven't seen anything that I really like. On my Note 3 I use stock Samsung email app and I like it. Anything else good or bad about this model? Have you used it outside of the country? Hope it's not locked or anything (don't think so but better double-check). Have you received any updates since you got it? Any rumors of it will get Android 4.4.2 (not crucial but would be a nice bonus too)?

Any other phone can anyone recommend? Like I said I'm not looking to spend a whole budget, just need a decent phone with good battery life and around 5" (+/-) screen.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

As I'm sure you know, the choice of phones available is huge. That said, I really like the imobile phones and think that their IQ 6.3 is the best cost/performance phone available in Thailand. It is available from Lazada for 6,490 and for 6,990 at IT City and other stores. You can Google its specs. I have an IQ 9.2 and love it. It came with the Next 3d launcher and many handy Widgets and apps already installed. Love the Next launcher!

Not familiar at all with IQ phones, read many positive reviews but neither of them ever mentioned great battery life, so I think I'll pass.

Went to the phone shop today to play with some phones. Looked at many but really liked the new LG G2 and Sony Xperia Z1. Decided to go with Z1 due is being waterproof and dust proof it seems a lot sturdier with its metal frame construction.

I'm sure that the Sony will be a good choice. I mentioned the IQ 6.3 because it has a 3,000 mAh battery - larger than the battery in many other phones. Enjoy your Z1!

• Like 1

Z2 is about to be released and should be a cracking phone

its not much higher in terms of specifications but theyve

ironed out all the niggles the z1 had ..........

I almost traded my s4 for a z1 because of the better camera but i went online

and read the z2 review so i think il wait for that

be careful not to scratch your screen ,the z1 has a factory plastic installed laminate over the glass

this is easy to scratch but the glass under it is supposedly very tough (although not corning gorilla glass )

but you lose the sony badge when you peel of this screencover ...........

the z2 ddoesnt have this plasticoated cover ........

Z2 looks good from the specs, new CPU, new camera able to record 4K video, new sensor (barometer), slightly larger screen and a battery.

I think it is still a month or two away from Thai stores and it worth the wait but I need a phone now. It being a company phone doesn't have to be latest and greatest, I still have my Note 3 to play with. :)

Z2 looks good from the specs, new CPU, new camera able to record 4K video, new sensor (barometer), slightly larger screen and a battery.

I think it is still a month or two away from Thai stores and it worth the wait but I need a phone now. It being a company phone doesn't have to be latest and greatest, I still have my Note 3 to play with. smile.png

it may or may not be in the official sony stores yet ...............i read on a tech site just this morning

that its already on sale in some countries but AFAIK not any grey imports in MBK yet .......

they say its coming soon but unsure when ,if the company is paying the z1 is still a great hi spec phone

with a 20.4meg camera and snapdragon 800 etc

it would be a toss up between that and the lg G2 for me ,or if you get to keep the money you dont use get a nexus 5 for 11k at MBK

and spend the other 16k on beers or entertainment ? :)

you probably dont want another note 3 ? because they are down to 17k at the moment as the s5 is about to hit the shelves ,you could have a white one and a black one etc to make it less confusing ...........

I've heard demand has outstripped supply of the Z2. A Thai launch could be delayed as a result since they can't fulfill foreign demand already

if its an improved z1 it should be one hell of a phone ,i was playing with one in the shop and the camera was amazingly clear ,sharp and fast taking pics in rapid sucession without blurring and it feels really strong in your hand ,compared to the s4 which feels like you could crush it with a handshake squeeze .........

there is a youtube review i tried to watch that said the best droid phone of 2014 is going to be a toss up between the htc one m8 and the sony z2 but my internet was too choppy to watch the video .....

I've heard demand has outstripped supply of the Z2. A Thai launch could be delayed as a result since they can't fulfill foreign demand already

I would like a z2 but in fortune today there is only the z1 for 19,900 today in every shop

the z2 will be 23,900 or 24,900 when they get them in stock