Tonic water shortage (again)

Sorry - I tried the search action, but I could not find the original thread.

Where can I buy a slab of Schweppes Tonic Water please?

Macro haven't had any for ages and Sanphet does not have any either. Big C and Tesco have been a waste of time for ages on this one.

Anywhere else please?

Anyone driving to Malaysia?

I just drove by the shop just before Soi 4 (lights in Maenam) when headed toward Nanthon.... almost opposite where the walking street ends...

He hab!.... as he did last time there was a shortage!..... thumbsup.gif

(it's a little bit difficult parking there, just to warn...especially in truck or car...wink.png )

• 4 weeks later...

Of course now you can expect a shortage for sure.

Every a post like this goes up it guarantees a shortage for quite a while, with everyone rushing around stripping the shelves of very can they can find.

Even if normal supplies arrive shortly, they will be bought up,thereby creating an even longer shortage.

Nice one !

I did notice that these cans were different in shape from the normal Schweppes can, narrower, taller, but I am sorry to say that I could not swear that these new-style cans contained the same amount of fluid as before. So, is this the answer to the current dearth of Schweppes canned drinks on the island of Koh Samui, that Schweppes is in the process of changing the shape and the volume of its cans of drinks? Are we in for a shock, I mean a bigger one than just not being able to buy a can of Schweppes Tonic Water?

Both Schweppes and Coke have been changing their cans into the new thin tall style, I checked what was written on the side of the can and both the old and new can say they have the same amount in them. This has been going on over the last couple of months as the old cans ran out. I do have some new cans of tonic water so the change over doesn't seem to be the issue with the shortage. What I can tell you is that wholesale supplies of Schweppes manao soda ran out 2 weeks ago on KP and the best estimate I can get for a new supply is early next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not only a problem in Samui . It keeps running out in Phuket too. so think its a Thailand thing. they tend to wait till they have run out to order more.

I think more of a supply problem, they probably make in batches.... and switch to making something else....???

I read their Maneo (?) was in short supply in some areas too~ ! wink.png

They changed the tins to the taller ones .... which don't fit the fridge so well.... sad.png

• 3 weeks later...