Do you trust a Thai - Seriously!

David48

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least for me this serves as the answer to the trust issues as in the OP -- battery operated. In general here in TH, as with anywhere else, I try to minimize the situations where I am in a position to have to trust somebody.

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

At least for me this serves as the answer to the trust issues as in the OP -- battery operated. In general here in TH, as with anywhere else, I try to minimize the situations where I am in a position to have to trust somebody.

I tried to find one of those all around bkk, they never had them. The one I had with me from the US didnt work. I was bummed. Couldnt clean the sides as often as I do here, made me look older than necessary for smihland!

I tried to find one of those all around bkk, they never had them. The one I had with me from the US didnt work. I was bummed. Couldnt clean the sides as often as I do here, made me look older than necessary for smihland!

Scarpolo, last week saw it in "Amorn" shop in Rayong. Check out the BKK branch. About 600+ Bt. But I'm sure it's China made.

As someone married to Thai I find the question to be mildly offensive. Its a bit like asking would you trust someone in an airport with a long black and white checked scarf covering their face, in long white robes, carrying a small parcel ? Would you trust a Muslim or a Jew, or a Catholic or a black person ? Would you trust an ex con ? The numbers of Thais who know how to and actually can use a cut throat razor must be a very small percentage of the population. So maybe a better question is - 'Would you trust anyone to use a cut throat razor on you ?' - It's all about perception.

As someone married to Thai I find the question to be mildly offensive. Its a bit like asking would you trust someone in an airport with a long black and white checked scarf covering their face, in long white robes, carrying a small parcel ? Would you trust a Muslim or a Jew, or a Catholic or a black person ? Would you trust an ex con ? The numbers of Thais who know how to and actually can use a cut throat razor must be a very small percentage of the population. So maybe a better question is - 'Would you trust anyone to use a cut throat razor on you ?' - It's all about perception.

of course its offensive

and, a haircut without a razor cut of the neck, is unfinished,

I dont know about the shave though, dont care for it without a shower after. this aint the wild west, and we aint riding horses into town not shaved for 3 weeks

• Like 1

Tim, I have said just the same without this "Anti-Thai Morals".

Lay off, the man didn't do it.

He has as much against Thais as I do against Turks. Just discussing the Barbers.

Edited by ABCer

Scarpolo, last week saw it in "Amorn" shop in Rayong. Check out the BKK branch. About 600+ Bt. But I'm sure it's China made.

if its a WAHL it may be good, even from China?

I have two US made WAHLS now, I would have thought it would work there, but it didnt

Edited by Scarpolo

I don't see the big deal in this. Thousends of people get a shave with a straight razor every day here. The girl that cut my hair in the shop always ask me if I like it. Most of the times I don't do it. But sometimes I say yes. When looking at her customers I would guess about one third of them get a shave with the straight razor.

When you have done it one time in a shop it's not a big deal anymore. And the shave will be much better than a shave with a battery operated shaver

Edited by larsjohnsson

I have no problem shaving the back of my neck. The sides around the ears could be better but I can go to the barber when that makes a difference. It is really not about the 60 baht saved each time, but I can get the cut more often and I never again want to be the next in line for a hair cut but then have to wait while someone gets their ears cleaned.

BTW I bought the Wahl in the USA at Walmart.

Edited by JLCrab

you just didnt know where to look .........theres a few stalls selling them in pantip plaza

mine was about 600-700 and its still going strong about 3 years later .....

i even went back and bought a mini version for shaving with ,its the same machine except a third of the size

they had loads of them .........

I paid 60bt yesterday, and I get a fantastic service, including a 'cut throat' razor shave. The only thing that makes me cringe is when he shaves my forehead...xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png (and only because it is a strange feeling)

totster smile.png

• Like 1

I think this is possibly the most boring post i have ever read on tv.

Some would agree that your post was.

... but I'm more generous that that ... rolleyes.gif

For me at least D48 the most boring has become the she-loves-me-she-loves-me-not topics or details of amorous adventures somewhat as in this from Coal Miner's Daughter:

[the morning after the wedding night]
Loretta: This food's cold.
Doolittle: That's 'cause it froze on the way over here from the d_mn restaurant. You want a hot breakfast, you got to come with me.
Loretta: You think I'm going over there with you and all them folks knowin' what we been doin' in here?
Doolittle: Hell's Bells, Loretta. You think this is somethin' the rest of the world ain't caught onto yet? They don't give a d_mn.
Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

you just didnt know where to look .........theres a few stalls selling them in pantip plaza

i even went back and bought a mini version for shaving with ,its the same machine except a third of the size

this Pantip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9woBq858o

this Pantip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9woBq858o

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pantip+plaza&oq=pantip+plaza&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3432j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

I dont trust you .

I know that there were a number of closley timed posts above but ...

A9YphOzCcAAxBs0.jpg

If, however, you are talking to one the members above your quote ... that's fine, but I'm fairly sure they are nice chaps also... laugh.png

Edited by David48

With apologies to Tom T. Hall:

I trust little baby ducks,
Old pick-up trucks,
Slow movin trains, and rain.

I trust winners when they cry,
Losers when they try,
Music when it's good, and life.

But I don't trust you.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Weak as piss.

I pull mine out one by one when they get a little long.

I smear cat urine on mine and jump into a cage full of rabid pitbulls.

If that was your attempt to be funny....

it didn't work.

80 baht for a haircut in Hi-So Issan. facepalm.gif

Same prize as Samui.

Up in Northern Chiang Mai it 30 baht.

its only 60 in the middle of bkk ..............

Yeah, where in the middle of Bkk? Best I can find is 100b asoke/suk. area. Outside the middle maybe ....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Weak as piss.

I pull mine out one by one when they get a little long.

I smear cat urine on mine and jump into a cage full of rabid pitbulls.

If that was your attempt to be funny....

it didn't work.

Humour police alert...