Gun attack targets woman who blew whistle against Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any other country she would be in jail. Or if unlucky she would have been shoot by the security guards. Imagine a person that evade the security around a Prime minister or President and then run up against him/her.

It's only in Thailand people think it's ok to attack or harass the Prime Minister or President.

Nonsense.

Stop trying to create the impression YL is in the same league as world leaders. She's the leader of a currently government less third world country where corruption is increasing massively and the rule of law is breaking down thanks in part to the illegal actions of her cabinet and the interference of her fugitive crooked brother,

Plenty of real politicians get heckled, eggs thrown, flour thrown and other abuses. Their security details protect them without resulting uses firearms or excessive violence, They certainly don't send gangs out to beat them, threaten them, shoot at them, throw grenades at them etc,

There was a UK deputy PM who reacted when some idiot slapped an egg on him. He turned round and thumped the idiot! YL was right to offer her hand - totally diffuses the situation and makes the other person feel embarrassed and stupid, as could be seen for the photos of the time. No need for this violent assault,

If YL could react so sensibly at the time, who is calling the shots now? Why are they getting so much more desperate?

I entirely agree that the reaction of YL was sensible, very appropriate, and even intelligent.

But if she really has those attributes of sensitivity and the intelligence to behave appropriately on certain situations, why she has never condemned all that violence and launched a manhunting of the perpetrators, like a normal leader of a country would do?

Is that lack of responsiveness to violence part of the protocol of the clones?

Let's forget about reds or yellows and think about that.

some time ago i thought it might be naivety, but if she has those attributes, then naivety cannot explain, nor excuse.

could the lack of [sincere & effective] condemnation and the increasing incidents of violence and intimidation be part of one and the same "protocol" ?

The red shirts are in my opinion at about the same level of mentality as the khmer Rouge.

The air force ought to fly over their training camps and level them.

She was awarded a gold whistle for her bravery.... yep..... Very brave considering YL is probably of the same status as Pol Pot, but with a much lower IQ.

I'm no fan of Yinluck but to equate her with Pol Pot is down right stupid. Oh, sorry ... you said "probably."

• Like 1

Full story: http://bangkok.cocon...-whistle-suthep

xcocon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ln4Ggl3qd7.webp
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-12-26

Pattanan became famous among netizens when footage of her blowing a plastic whistle at caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in Phetchabun province went viral.

"You can arrest me!" Pattanan challenges the prime minister.

Yingluck keeps calm. "No, no arrests here. You can blow the whistle all you want. But can I shake your hand? Thank you," says Yingluck. The two had a conversation as Pattanan says she is from Bangkok but visited Petchabun for work. Then Yingluck reached out.....

Later that night after a long heart felt sob on Skype Nong Poo suddenly perked up again on hearing the reassuring voice of the Dear Leader informing her that the contract for the expedient demise of the impudent tomboy had already been arranged for a trifling sum. Life for the elite was good again in the privileged cloned world of the Land of Smiles.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I am really sick and tired of this red shirt

Now they are learning "self defense", an euphemism for attack skills

When will somebody have the balls and remove them all - as bloody as necessary and they deserve

I am sick of Thaksin, I am sick of Yingluck, I am sick or reds, I am sick of godfather politicians in the north east and north, I am sick of Suthep, I am sick of Abhisit, I am sick of pad, I am sick of godfather politicians in the south, I am sick of corruption, I am sick of the army, I am sick of corrupt judges, I am sick of corrupt anti corruption judges, I am sick that Thai people don't understand democracy, I am sick of patronage, I am sick of pooyais, I am sick of hiso, I am sick of them all.

I love Thailand. I hope it can save itself from itself . Are there any good people left?

Are there any good people left?

Plenty.

The vast majority.

So many that all want the same right things.

We will get there.

it may just take a bit longer than we wish [sigh]

Lots of wiling soldiers, but as yet no leader. The country is dying out for decent leadership.

They don't even need to be particularly competent. Just completely clean

Edited by Thai at Heart

When will somebody have the balls and remove them all - as bloody as necessary and they deserve

I am sick of Thaksin, I am sick of Yingluck, I am sick or reds, I am sick of godfather politicians in the north east and north, I am sick of Suthep, I am sick of Abhisit, I am sick of pad, I am sick of godfather politicians in the south, I am sick of corruption, I am sick of the army, I am sick of corrupt judges, I am sick of corrupt anti corruption judges, I am sick that Thai people don't understand democracy, I am sick of patronage, I am sick of pooyais, I am sick of hiso, I am sick of them all.

I love Thailand. I hope it can save itself from itself . Are there any good people left?

Plenty.

The vast majority.

We will get there.

Lots of wiling soldiers, but as yet no leader. The country is dying out for decent leadership.

right. it's hard to see at present, can only hope that a sincere new alternative grows out of this mess even if it takes some time. personally i think there is a good chance, if nothing else then at least there is a much greater level of awareness now - time for a generation change?

Caretaker government of thugs and their militant lackies, arrest the lot and throw away the keys, then seize every asset of theirs you can find and pay the farmers. Then anything left goes into a pot to investigate the countless billions they have hidden offshore and in security deposit boxes and under the bed....Detritus of the worst kind ! bah.gif

Edited by tingtongteesood

Well, play with fire and you will get burned.

This may have nothing to do with her demonstrating, she could be up to anything.

Right, keep dreaming. This is exactly why these Nazi red shirts should NOT be in charge... No one else gets to air peaceful opinions. Since when do you think it's correct to get your car smashed and get hurt for blowing a whistle against some political party you are against. It just show what a cowards they are. Let's get these red shirts some red SKIRTS.

Hmmmmm.... So tell me again which politicians and which party they represent that have the murder charge warrants?

Answer: none. Be careful with your insinuations.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not an insinuation, let me remind you as you seem to have selective memory. Suthep has a warrant for his arrest and Abhisit was formerly charged with murder in December 2013. Explain to me why I should be careful with insinuations when it's fact?

Plenty.

The vast majority.

We will get there.

right. it's hard to see at present, can only hope that a sincere new alternative grows out of this mess even if it takes some time. personally i think there is a good chance, if nothing else then at least there is a much greater level of awareness now - time for a generation change?

No one from the existing system will work.

Have you ever really sat with a wealthy powerful Thai and listened to how they see the world?, doesn't really matter which side of the politic line they sit.

They are fools, one eyed, lacking compassion and vision that goes no further than how much they can make out of the next decision.

Whistle blower beaten up and her car smashed in Khao Khor

4-4-2014-9-40-35-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A young woman who blew a whistle at caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra as she visited Khao Khor in Petchabun province a few months ago was today (Friday) beaten by two men one of whom pointed a pistol at her head threatening to shoot her.

The two men whose identities were not known also smashed the windshield of the car of the victim and fired a few shots at her car puncturing a few holes at the bonnet and a door and shattering one side windshield.

The victim, 26-year Ms Patchanun Leeluan, told Khao Khor police that she suspected the attack against her and her car was related to an incident a few months back when she blew a whistle at Ms Yingluck.

Since that incident, she said that she had been harassed constantly that she had to escape to Bangkok to seek refuge for her own safety. She said that she returned to Khao Khor only three days ago and today drove her car to sell some products in front of Wat Camp Sont in Khao Khor district.

She said that she was sitting behind the wheel of her car when out of a sudden two men showed up, smashed the front windshield of the car and fired shots at the cars bonnet and door. She said one of them also hit her with a wooden stick.

Ms Patchanun said one of the two men put a pistol on her head threatening to shoot her but the other man stopped him and then both escaped. She told police that she didnt know her assailants before but remembered their faces.

Ms Patchanun shot into public limelight for singlehandedly blowing whistle at the prime minister. She was later invited to take to the stage of the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee and was given a gold whistle for her bravery by Suthep Thaugsuban.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/whistle-blower-beaten-car-smashed-khao-khor/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-04-05

I know who did it

It was the gun. A gun with its own brain

Sorry lost my brain for a second

Right, keep dreaming. This is exactly why these Nazi red shirts should NOT be in charge... No one else gets to air peaceful opinions. Since when do you think it's correct to get your car smashed and get hurt for blowing a whistle against some political party you are against. It just show what a cowards they are. Let's get these red shirts some red SKIRTS.

Hmmmmm.... So tell me again which politicians and which party they represent that have the murder charge warrants?

Answer: none. Be careful with your insinuations.

Not an insinuation, let me remind you as you seem to have selective memory. Suthep has a warrant for his arrest and Abhisit was formerly charged with murder in December 2013. Explain to me why I should be careful with insinuations when it's fact?

If he had been 'charged' then there would have been a trial and he would have been found guilty, as yet neither of those things has happened. All we have so far is that Thaksin had his lapdogs make the bogus accusation for political gain which backfired on him thoough it clearly worked on your biased brainwashed mind. The court has agreed to investigate the case. He will be cleared in time as he did nothing wrong...

• Like 1

I would not. It does not make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

With your IQ very much little will ☺

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was the conception of this yellow sheep ?

Gold whistler cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

Today a hero, tomorrow a victim, but benito suthep could make one more showbusiness.

Yes of course, your country has s long history of democracy.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lets summarise this.

This woman was attacked, by attackers unknown.

She has had some part in glorifying herself in the recent protests.

Most posters seem to think that the events are related.

WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HER OR WHAT SHE IS UP TO IN HER LIFE

She may be a cattle rustler or loan shark for all we know.

My wifes cousin was murdered some years ago as some thug mistook him for someone who stole a motorbike from someone. He wasn't involved in anything remotely connected to any Government protest. Chopped him around the neck and he bled to death.

Take off the blinkers people.

I stand by my post, show me the proof and I will apologise to all.

since start this morning and even with moderation still 185 posts left. I read only the first few and the last few. Nothing really unexpected.

So, someone blew a whistle very menacingly at our darling Ms. Yingluck and obviously she should have done that. It took a bit longer, but finally found her and taught her a lesson.

Now she understands that the UDD rally to show support of Ms. 'mislaid 700++ billion' Yingluck is meant seriously. We do not want Bangkok elite, we want our own only.

Lets summarise this.

This woman was attacked, by attackers unknown.

She has had some part in glorifying herself in the recent protests.

Most posters seem to think that the events are related.

WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HER OR WHAT SHE IS UP TO IN HER LIFE

She may be a cattle rustler or loan shark for all we know.

My wifes cousin was murdered some years ago as some thug mistook him for someone who stole a motorbike from someone. He wasn't involved in anything remotely connected to any Government protest. Chopped him around the neck and he bled to death.

Take off the blinkers people.

I stand by my post, show me the proof and I will apologise to all.

You're asking for proof on a discussion forum. Members here (most I'd guess) are not part of the RTP. So all we can do is to link to news articles for past events when said RTP has concluded an investigation. Can you answer the rest of us how many investigations into any of the recent protest related violence have been concluded?

So what we (most posters) do is to try to use our intellectual capabilities, look at patterns and the available info to draw our own conclusions.

Am I wrong? Should TV close down the News section?

looks like you are only able to criticise and when the truth about you gets spread around you resort to name calling because you have been shown up for what you really are , a hypocrite, you wear red very well it seemsjerk.gif

Read the posts weirdo thumbsup.gif

Tell me the truth, are you the victim that got attacked by thugs?

...does this jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif qualify as name calling ?

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Edited by soihok