Is CW opening on Tuesday!?

From today's BP...............

Anti-government protesters have agreed to open all government offices starting Tuesday, except Government House and the Interior Ministry. The People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) said government officials except those of the two agencies could go back to serving people from April 8, said secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban after a meeting with the PDRC's allies on Saturday.

I was told on Friday at Immigration Ladphrao to return on Tuesday to Ladphrao Immigration (with my son this time......he did not accompany me Friday as he was in school but my Visa was expiring Friday so I went alone) to complete the paperwork for our extensions of stay.

I guess I will assume that Ladphrao will be open?

I was told on Friday at Immigration Ladphrao to return on Tuesday to Ladphrao Immigration (with my son this time......he did not accompany me Friday as he was in school but my Visa was expiring Friday so I went alone) to complete the paperwork for our extensions of stay.

I guess I will assume that Ladphrao will be open?

I think it was only announced on Saturday. But Mario & Joe are right. It'll take a few days to get back into the swing of things and wind up the elastic bands! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Cuchulainn

Many thanks, ubonjoe, for relaying the latest immigration news. My ninety-day report is due on the 19th and I was hoping to renew my extension on the 19th as my thirty-day window opens on the 12th. Since immigration is closed for the weekend on the 19th and 20th I wonder if an extension renewal/90 day report would be acceptable on the 21st. If you think not, I will get myself over to Lad Phrao on the 17th. I cannot get my statement of income notarized at the embassy until the afternoon of the 10th. I could go on the 11th but would like to wait until CW reopens, if possible. From the comments posted, it seems likely that CW will not open until after Songkran and maybe not even on that week so a reopening on the 21st seems like the most likely scenario.

Don't forget you can do your reporting by mail, but are now to late for that or you can have someone else make the report on your behalf.

Immigration uses the rule that you can apply up to 15 days early and up to 7 days late. (due date on the 1st would mean you can report on the 7th without being fined).

I am need to get a 60 day extension for my NON O (care for daughter)

If CW is not yet up and running by Wednesday,

can someone please tell me what Immigration office I can get this done?

a street address would be most appreciate

Thanks in advance

LL

Lad Prao or Suksawat are currently the only ones. Can you wait for CW to reopen?

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Our temporary offices are :

1. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor, Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

2. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor, Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

This temporary service will be started from January 13rd, 2014 until the situation improves. We apologise for inconvenience. Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

for more information, call 1111 or go to Immigration Division 1 website

Edited by Cuchulainn

As said they will have to set up operations again and get equipment working and that could take from a little to a lot of time depending on unknowns. As of now the immigration web site, which for Bangkok is: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/

still has redirect to the below notice rather than home page when called up.

Due to the demonstrations, Immigration services provided at Government Complex Center are suspended

Our temporary offices are :
1. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor,
Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok. Click here to view a map
2. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor,
Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

This temporary service will be started from January 13rd, 2014 until the situation improves.
We apologise for inconvenience.
Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Mario2008: Forgot to count the 19th as in your example so the latest I could report without being fined would be the 25th. If my understanding is wrong, please let me know.wai2.gif

Yes, you got it right. Consider the 25th to be the latest day for your notification without fine, as some immigration officers count the due date as day 1 of the 7 days' grace period.

Well, is it!?

I saw a few clips of Suthep in and around the complex on telly today while at the gym but couldn't hear what was going on. Nothing in the BP or here either!

Anyone?