Pattaya’s 735 Million THB Car Park to be Ready at The End of Year

Rimmer

Pattaya’s 735 Million THB Car Park to be Ready at The End of Year

251.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya City – have announced that the construct of the Car Park Building and pier project is to be completed at the end of the year at a budget of 735 million baht.

Mr.Samchai Thaikhul- The Chief Architect of the Bureau craftsmanship of Pattaya- Revealed that the progress of construction on the project in Bali Hai Pier will not be ready to open because they are in the process designing an effective management system. The cost of parking is still yet to be decided but is said to be at a rate for no profit. The car parks capacity can support 410 cars, 37 buses and 100 motorbikes

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/06/pattayas-735-million-thb-car-park-to-be-ready-at-the-end-of-year/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-06

The cost of parking is still yet to be decided but is said to be at a rate for no profit

I don't believe this for a second. A huge municipal facility like this - where all transactions are in cash? Someone is going to be profiting in a big way!

When you think about it, saying that the building is not intended to make money is almost the setup for a perfect scam. Nobody will bat an eye when the daily take comes up short.

• Like 2

What an eyesore! Seems to me they have the car to moto ratios reversed.

agree on the ratio, but bikers are going to park anywhere anyway...

About time for some "Planning Gain" no planning permission without substantial car parking well in excess of requirements anywhere west of the Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

I can't see how they will fit 410 cars, 37 buses and 100 motorbikes in there unless it extends underground too

maybe thats why it took so long to build.

I think the motor bikes will all park out front like this lot.

post-2109-0-59134200-1396772104_thumb.jp

I have never seen such chaos with the traffic as there was in this area of Bali Hai pier today. sad.png

Walking Street was almost a car park in itself and the traffic coming down the hill from near the overpass stretched all the way to the junction and simply wasn't moving anywhere.

The sooner this monstrosity it up and running at least hopefully it will help alleviate these kinds of problems

Edited by Asiantravel

I can't see how they will fit 410 cars, 37 buses and 100 motorbikes in there unless it extends underground too

maybe thats why it took so long to build.

I think the motor bikes will all park out front like this lot.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140224_102307 (Medium).jpg

yes but don't forget there won't be any ramps and lanes as in a normal carpark .

On the inside, it will look more like lockers

Cant wait to see what happens when it breaks down and peoples cars are trapped for days . will i ever use it ,will i f----cheesy.gif

Well according to this earlier thread it was meant to open last Novemberrolleyes.gif

and each car must be shorter than 5.2 meters long, 1.9 meters tall and weigh no more than 2.3 tons. So are they going to have someone with a tape measure and a calculator standing at the entrance?

And I hope there won't be too many customers with a Rolls-Royce Phantom (which is considerably heavier than that) turning up because that will really cause chaos in the systemgiggle.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675521-robotic-parking-garage-set-to-open-in-pattaya-next-month/

Edited by Asiantravel

There is what looks like a weight width and height measuring station at the entrance.

I certainly wouldn't park my Rolls-Royce there (not that I have one to park anywhere )

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What kind of reporting is this? Not a word about the fact that this would be a year late!!

Besides the fact that their pathetic "Marina" will not be functioning unless a major re - design will take place. It is falling apart before it opens.

Rediculous!

• Like 1