Thai Democrat Party can play saviour role: Abhisit

webfact

To all the posters pouring scorn on the only politician speaking sense, show me an alternative from the current administration. They have all abandoned their stations.

Some more questions for the same group who will surely decline to answer because they lack the ken.

What should happen to a candidate when votes are paid for?

What should happen when the opposition is physically abused when canvassing?

When MPs cheat in house voting, what should their party do?

If their party fails to discipline them, do they have the moral ground to complain when they are charged?

Should the offending party criticise the courts and legal bodies?

In cases such as the amnesty bill, would you expect you MP to vote for what is right or vote with the party in a censure debate?

If you can't answer these questions then you should not be posting your twisted distorted nonsense in response to someone who can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What should happen to a candidate when votes are paid for...

Ask Korn he admitted the Dems outspent others in the last election...and it didn't work

What should happen when the opposition is physically abused when canvassing...

Ask Suthep he is the master at preventing people from exercising their electoral rights...

They should throw out the vote and make it mandatory that reps attend voting sessions ...

If their party fails to discipline them, do they have the moral ground to complain when they are charged?

They have the right to complain and oppose a "charge" a charge is not the same as a finding or conviction..

Everyone has the right to charge and defend against charges...

Unless there is a complete gag order and in most free countries...yes it is fair to criticize courts and legal bodies... It is called the adversarial system... and given the context here... hardly impartial bodies,,,,

In cases such as the amnesty bill, would you expect you MP to vote for what is right or vote with the party in a censure debate?

I believe the Mp should represent his/her constituency and find the definition of "what is right" measured by the highest moral or ehtical personal integrity.....but we are talking about politicians here... so that may entirely be moot...

You prove my case

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fact: Thai wife says we all want elections, but we want fair elections

The Thai People who are not sheep of a corrupt Government, we the people are aware of alleged corruption and abuses of authority by the current PTP Party

and the negative effects on the country associated with the influence of former prime minister Thakin Shinawatra.

In Jan 2014 the Election Commission (EC) had repeatedly stated it could not guarantee a fair election, but the Caretaker Government insisted on going ahead with it in a bid to whitewash its wrongdoings.

In Feb... was this a Democratic Election .............. No

Unless an election is fair, it can not be democratic.

Government supporters continued to threaten independent organisations, the people and political parties which opposed it. and the police fail to perform their duties.

Ms Yingluck had never called for the pro-government and red-shirt demonstrators to behave, suggesting that she supported the actions of these same redshirt demonstrators.

We the Thai People have witnessed red-shirt demonstrators threaten other party members without facing arrest.

The Democrat Party has also been threatened, many times if they want to campaign in Issan

During the 2005 general election, a political canvasser belonging to his party in Phichit province had been told to stop his campaigning.

When the threat was ignored, the canvasser was shot dead in front of his house three days before the election. Police have still not arrested any suspects

In 2014 things are even worse. Anti-government demonstrators were being ambushed on a main Hyway and no suspects had been arrested.

Under these circumstances, No other party but the PTP is safe to campaign for votes in the North East of Thailand

“The [Democrat] party conducted a survey of potential candidates nationwide and found that 80% had no safe place to campaign for votes, except those in the South, Bangkok and parts of the Central Plains.

So, is this a democratic Election, is it fair if only one political party can campaign for votes but others cannot,

FACT: Before we can have another Election in Thailand, the next Election must be FAIR to all Parties

Maybe your wife should run for office.

Oh my god no

she has a big enough head now

Having someone in Parliment that believes in the truth would never be allowed under PTP

One post removed

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

To all the posters pouring scorn on the only politician speaking sense, show me an alternative from the current administration. They have all abandoned their stations.

Some more questions for the same group who will surely decline to answer because they lack the ken.

If you can't answer these questions then you should not be posting your twisted distorted nonsense in response to someone who can.

Ask Korn he admitted the Dems outspent others in the last election...and it didn't work

Ask Suthep he is the master at preventing people from exercising their electoral rights...

They should throw out the vote and make it mandatory that reps attend voting sessions ...

They have the right to complain and oppose a "charge" a charge is not the same as a finding or conviction..

Unless there is a complete gag order and in most free countries...yes it is fair to criticize courts and legal bodies... It is called the adversarial system... and given the context here... hardly impartial bodies,,,,

I believe the Mp should represent his/her constituency and find the definition of "what is right" measured by the highest moral or ehtical personal integrity.....but we are talking about politicians here... so that may entirely be moot...

The answer to all your questions is

What is and what is not a fair Election

with out fair elections they can not be a true democracy

Can people get more ignorant and arrogant than this Abhisit?

Does he even realize how many Thais had pinned their hopes on him many years ago to finally change this country for good- he failed them miserably ? I don't think any ex- Thai PM has ever disappointing his followers more than him (including my Thai family)!

I still believe that he made the biggest mistake in his political life when he became a military installed PM against the will of the majority of the Thai people - if he would have had any integrity he would have said no! Instead he went for the power without the mandate of the people!

The man is so full of himself that he still does not realize that he is a thing of the past - nobody in his right mind wants to associate with him as the failed ex-PM with blood on his hands he can only do one thing - disappear from the political stage forever - he and the Democrats are totally insignificant to the future of this country - he is the biggest failure in Thai political history.

He and the Democrats are non electable to most of the Thai electorate - they should vacate the political stage and make room for a new party with new leaders who might have some real new ideas instead of cheap copies of Thaksin's so called popular policies to try and swing the electorate or get into power again without being elected.

"The Democrats are ready for an election whenever the election process is fair enough, he said." - what does he mean by that? When will the election process be fair enough for him? - Once he silenced, intimidated and disenfranchised all those who do not want to vote for him?

I hope he does not come up with the "vote buying myth" - because his own deputy leader admitted that the democrats spent more money on vote buying last time around than the PT party!

Or maybe he means that maybe the Thai people can go and elect the leaders they want without being stopped and intimidated by Suthep's thugs?

Or maybe it's fair enough once Suthep has his "reforms" in place to make sure they win an election - which they never could in real life?

Abhisit has become irrelevant - he should step aside and then maybe the Democrat party will survive - with him as leader they are doomed - he has no new ideas and zero charisma - he is a boring member of the so called elite who are against change in a country that needs change more than any other country in the region - Abhisit stands for the same old - he is part of the rich, low class arrogant elite in this country who looks down on the poor.

He has become so insignificant that he is not even used as a pawn anymore in the political game that is playing out behind the scenes at the moment.

For me personally he is the biggest disappointment - as me and my Thai family had once great hopes in him and the Democrats - the moment he associated himself with crooks like Suthep and became his puppet these hopes where destroyed, the moment he sided with criminals staging a coup to rob the country once more instead of getting rid of Thaksin by legal means our trust in him was betrayed.

The economic performance of the last Democrat led government was an absolute disaster - and corruption was as widespread as during the reign of PT.

The trust he betrayed can never be restored - Abhisit and Suthep should go and with them a dark chapter of Thai political history should be closed - make place for new people who might restore the trust people once had in the Democrats - as long as they are seen as the puppets of the anti-democrat movement behind the scenes they will never win an election!

You have many good points in my opinion, but you do not mention others equally important.

Vote buying is deplorable and needs to be stopped obviously, but it was not the decisive factor.

But right now there are no free & fair elections - see post #12 from tezzainoz

If elections were free and fair then the situation would be very different don't you think?

the question is how do we get to a point where free and fair elections are possible, regardless if Abhisit would stand or not?

You prove my case

? Huh...? what case...? read my original post... i stated known facts out there in the real world... not scorn as you imply and I answered your questions.... but this thread isn't about you or me ..it is about the claim the Nation made by inferring Abhisit as the Messiah...which is about as ridiculous as nipples on a turtle... the piece reads like a PR brochure for the Democratic Party ...

You didn't answer the questions at all. It was all party political nonsense on behalf of the incumbents.

Until laws are uniformly enforced, until education is a priority instead of a privilege, until the Constitution safeguards the people for whom it was to have been written...there can be no peace, no ten-cent saviors and no real growth.

• Like 1

You didn't answer the questions at all. It was all party political nonsense on behalf of the incumbents.

Hogwash..... Your questions were loaded and skewed to the max... you just don't like the answers...but matters not carry on.... Abhisit speaks sense all right nonsense...he is a willow in the wind but never mind... he won't factor in more than expressing his non-sense anyway...i believe he has lost the momentum he may have had last Songkran... but let me ask you this...in lieu of Leekpai and Abhisit and Suthep...is there any other Democrat that might offer the party a better chance in an election..? ( nothing veiled here...) curious... as I asked in my original comment...I sincerely hope there can be and am willing to entertain that idea...

• Like 1

The answer to all your questions is

What is and what is not a fair Election

with out fair elections they can not be a true democracy

post-44176-0-68158400-1396841475_thumb.j

I'm with these people, reforms before ________.

Hogwash..... Your questions were loaded and skewed to the max... you just don't like the answers...but matters not carry on.... Abhisit speaks sense all right nonsense...he is a willow in the wind but never mind... he won't factor in more than expressing his non-sense anyway...i believe he has lost the momentum he may have had last Songkran... but let me ask you this...in lieu of Leekpai and Abhisit and Suthep...is there any other Democrat that might offer the party a better chance in an election..? ( nothing veiled here...) curious... as I asked in my original comment...I sincerely hope there can be and am willing to entertain that idea...

My questions were 100℅ related to the current conflict and are therefore fully relevant.

As I said, I didn't expect any true answers from the daengophiles

"Dems can play saviour role: Abhisit"

Read article three times. Nowhere does it say he said this.

It's the article headline!!!

He points out what needs to be done in 3 steps - he doesn't have to say these words, just illustrate the means of how it can be accomplished. I would have thought that pretty obvious myself!!

As we all wake up this morning to realize that Khaosod's lead story yesterday was actually mostly fiction and an elementary schoolboy's attempt to embroider a Thaksin fantasy that portraits Suthep as something of a cross between the Marquis de Sade and Count Dracula - we find that Suthep never at any point suggested that he wanted to be prime minister. Ever. Nor had Suthep at any point characterized himself as the leader of a coup. Ever. What Suthep did suggest is that a prime minister could be nominated by the people, pending royal approval.

Having said that, it will never happen, and not only that, should not happen. Suthep is bending the constitution here. The constitution allows for the nomination of an interim prime minister in the event of a parliamentary vacuum through articles 172 and 173. But that is for the Constitutional Court to decide. Not Suthep. And Suthep ought to know that this narrative too easily plays into Thaksin and Pheu Thai's hands. Suthep's skills for inspiring support and public enthusiasm are undeniable, and he has also without question been key in bringing about a real climate and thirst for reform. The Yingluck administration would not be in the tenuous position it's in without the mobilization efforts of Suthep since November to build populous support. The rallies and walks are a symbol of peaceful expression, and they are an ebullient and positive image to maintain. But at this point Suthep really should just shut up. It's time for him to take a back seat. Let the judicial process do what it's supposed to do - and that is to constitutionally uphold the law. This process should at all times be a constitutional process. There are two key verdicts coming up - the NACC and the Constitutional Court. Concerning the later, if they find Yingluck guilty of abuse of power, they will doubtless base their entire ruling on the precepts of the constitution. As long as the courts' rulings are heard and respected, this crisis will be resolved constitutionally, as it should.

Abhisit presents the correct formula here : respect for the rule of law, negotiations, and reform. He's right. Democracy cannot survive without respect for the rule of law. If this current situation teaches us anything, it is that. Even here, though, in an article from The Nation - we have problems with catchy headlines. At no part in this article does Abhisit or any other Democrat characterize their party as a " saviour ". But what Abhisit does do here is to reiterate that the respect for the process of law is the foundation stone of democracy.

For Abhisit to be credited by you for the "correct formula" is an absurd notion.. considering his checkered past track record..it is all well and good to take the ideals I believe we all agree would be the framework for a higher moral ground moving forward....ie: respect for the rule of law, negotiations, and reform. but it lacks sincerity coming from Abhisits mouth considering he does not practice what he preaches...

What is "checkered" about Abhisit's past?

Where has he failed to respect the law?

As we all wake up this morning to realize that Khaosod's lead story yesterday was actually mostly fiction and an elementary schoolboy's attempt to embroider a Thaksin fantasy that portraits Suthep as something of a cross between the Marquis de Sade and Count Dracula - we find that Suthep never at any point suggested that he wanted to be prime minister. Ever. Nor had Suthep at any point characterized himself as the leader of a coup. Ever. What Suthep did suggest is that a prime minister could be nominated by the people, pending royal approval.

Having said that, it will never happen, and not only that, should not happen. Suthep is bending the constitution here. The constitution allows for the nomination of an interim prime minister in the event of a parliamentary vacuum through articles 172 and 173. But that is for the Constitutional Court to decide. Not Suthep. And Suthep ought to know that this narrative too easily plays into Thaksin and Pheu Thai's hands. Suthep's skills for inspiring support and public enthusiasm are undeniable, and he has also without question been key in bringing about a real climate and thirst for reform. The Yingluck administration would not be in the tenuous position it's in without the mobilization efforts of Suthep since November to build populous support. The rallies and walks are a symbol of peaceful expression, and they are an ebullient and positive image to maintain. But at this point Suthep really should just shut up. It's time for him to take a back seat. Let the judicial process do what it's supposed to do - and that is to constitutionally uphold the law. This process should at all times be a constitutional process. There are two key verdicts coming up - the NACC and the Constitutional Court. Concerning the later, if they find Yingluck guilty of abuse of power, they will doubtless base their entire ruling on the precepts of the constitution. As long as the courts' rulings are heard and respected, this crisis will be resolved constitutionally, as it should.

Abhisit presents the correct formula here : respect for the rule of law, negotiations, and reform. He's right. Democracy cannot survive without respect for the rule of law. If this current situation teaches us anything, it is that. Even here, though, in an article from The Nation - we have problems with catchy headlines. At no part in this article does Abhisit or any other Democrat characterize their party as a " saviour ". But what Abhisit does do here is to reiterate that the respect for the process of law is the foundation stone of democracy.

For Abhisit to be credited by you for the "correct formula" is an absurd notion.. considering his checkered past track record..it is all well and good to take the ideals I believe we all agree would be the framework for a higher moral ground moving forward....ie: respect for the rule of law, negotiations, and reform. but it lacks sincerity coming from Abhisits mouth considering he does not practice what he preaches...

Read my original post..... google ......Abhisit Corruption Leekpai corruption Suthep corruption and start from there...after that look globally and not just at the Bangkok Post and the Nation for starters..

I don't think that anything from the 'Thai Sun' or 'Thai Daily Sport' even (if it is still being printed) doesn't deserve the time for me to read such drivel!!!

Read my original post..... google ......Abhisit Corruption Leekpai corruption Suthep corruption and start from there...after that look globally and not just at the Bangkok Post and the Nation for starters..

You made the comment. You should show the convictions

My questions were 100℅ related to the current conflict and are therefore fully relevant.

Typical ..they may have been relevant to the current conflict but not to the piece in this thread......but you can't answer either... matters not..carry on with color campaign..

When you get to a computer...do your own due diligence... hard to do on nexus 7 I know...but... just do some more research... or keep your head in the sand...not gonna do your homework for you... if you can disprove anything I posted feel free..

Everyone knows that Suthep and Abhisit are just puppets to the same masters, but nice try in trying to seperate yourselves!

and is Yingluck not a puppet to an even dangerous Master

A puppet is a puppet is a puppet. A puppet does not change its nature if the shirt is Red or Yellow. Sorry WS, could not resist it!

Typical ..they may have been relevant to the current conflict but not to the piece in this thread......but you can't answer either... matters not..carry on with color campaign..

Really? I think you should read what Abhisit said once more.

When you get to a computer...do your own due diligence... hard to do on nexus 7 I know...but... just do some more research... or keep your head in the sand...not gonna do your homework for you... if you can disprove anything I posted feel free..

I don't need a computer in any form to tell me that Abhisit has no convictions.

• Like 1

Both sides have always been corrupt, are probably still corrupt and will probably be corrupt in the future. After all T.I.T we are talking about.

Thai people, who don't want corruption ( I do believe that there are some, who really don't), now just need to figure out, which one is the least corrupt out of the bunch and which one won't bankrupt the nation, with it's corrupt practices. wai2.gif

• Like 1