Guest House With Wireless In Chaing Mai?

Shah Jahan

Hello

I am looking for an affordable guest house in chiang mai that has wireless access in the rooms.

know of any?

thank you

That depends what you mean by affordable! I know that Viangbua Mansions does wireless in the rooms. You can google the name of the place to get their website. I think that it's about 600 a night. And wireless is on top of that.

I'm not sure, but I can't imagine you would get something like that in your budget.

You could always buy a coffee and take your computer to Starbucks! They have free wireless.

Another option could be 'Golden Fern Guesthouse' on Prapokklao Soi 8 - provided you get a room close to the entrance. Rooms are 300-400 baht depending on your choise of comfort. Be prepared though, that your MAC address might get blocked as soon as the owner of the nearby NetCafe discovers your unnegotiated intrusion.

Edited by rishi

S.K. House Chiang Mai

30 Moon Muang Road Soi 9,

Chiang Mai 50200

Tel. 053-210690

Very strong free wireless in the rooms and usual several connections to choose from. Very comfortable Lanna-style guesthouse; we stayed in an air-con double room last month at 700 baht per night but found the fan more than sufficient (never even turning on the air-con). There's also an on-site Internet cafe (never used it), a nice swimming pool, restaurant and travel agency. Good location in the old city near the northeast corner bastion. Plenty of wats, street stalls, and good open-air restaurants within walking distance (I HIGHLY recommend Chiang Mai Saloon if you like Tex-Mex food). However, you need to take a tuk-tuk, songteow, or motorbike taxi to get to the Night Bazaar as this is a bit out of walking range...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Check this site www.guesthousethailand.com

The owners are very sweet. The rooms might not be with the newest furniture/decor but its cheap and you got good stuff.

I paid 3300 baht a month for a big room with fridge, tv/cable(not ubc but some chiang mai cable some english channels and a movie channel), unlimited wireless internet (256kbps/128kbps) you have to share with all the others but not many uses this service, I had fine speed most of the day. If your computer doesnt support WiFi the owner willingly will drag a cable to your room. There is also hot shower. I think its a bargain and I doubt its possible to find anything similiar with the same ammenties.

Good luck :o