How to get over a relationship?

Sashasri

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes two to have a relationship but only one to end it. The best way to move on is take a new lover.

Several even as has been suggested. thumbsup.gif

Does the horny devil know she's been caught?

It seems from the OP, it's still a secret?

What can be worse, suspecting your girl is screwing around, or finding her in the act?

And, what does it say about the emotional state she has put him in?

Yes, I say, she put him, as, this could not have been self inflicted, the OP may be too nice,

not that I suggest otherwise, he should stay the same, just "wiser"

Yes we were co-habiting in her house which she pays for through her regular job. She has a vehicle which she pays for through her job. I contributed a monthly housekeeping salary.

What happened was I went to Bangkok to renew my visa, was there a couple of weeks and when I had the stamp, I called her to say I was on the way back. Her response was could I stay in BKK for a bit since she had to go up country and bring her mother and nephews back to her house as it was mid-term

I was a little surprised as I would normally expect to go upcountry together with her. I was doubly surprised because her birthday was just a week away and we also had a good date on the occasion.

My instincts were aroused because I stayed in Bangkok and every time I call her she was too busy to talk and stuff like that. I thought I might go surprise her on her birthday but figured if she was with someone else then I'd go to her house early the day after her birthday.

In the event I found her house was unlocked and when I went upstairs she was asleep alone but there were some guy's clothes on the floor although he had already left. When I challenged her she readily admitted that some guys had been coming to her workplace while I was away and that she invited him back for the first time on her birthday. She said she and I were finished.

I could hardly believe it since we'd been together for so long and I hadn't seen any warning signs and a five year relationship was over in just five minutes as far as I was concerned. My immediate reaction was what could I do to salvage the relationship, but even her family shut me out from that point on. That was what caused so much pain because it came from out-of-field.

She didn't get a lot of money out of me. We were planning marriage this year and she knew she would be getting more after we married. The odd thing is I found out that the new guy is a Thai drifter recently released from prison after serving a sentence for murder. He has no money at all, but has now talked his way into her house, ingratiated himself with her family and is driving her car around. I feel she's making a big mistake with this guy and I fear for her safety.

Anyway it's over between us but I don't feel I could trust another one after this experience.

Edited by Sashasri

It takes two to have a relationship but only one to end it. The best way to move on is take a new lover.

What can be worse, suspecting your girl is screwing around, or finding her in the act?

Yes, I say, she put him, as, this could not have been self inflicted, the OP may be too nice,

Yes we were co-habiting in her house which she pays for through her regular job. She has a vehicle which she pays for through her job. I contributed a monthly housekeeping salary.

What happened was I went to Bangkok to renew my visa, was there a couple of weeks and when I had the stamp, I called her to say I was on the way back. Her response was could I stay in BKK for a bit since she had to go up country and bring her mother and nephews back to her house as it was mid-term

I was a little surprised as I would normally expect to go upcountry together with her. I was doubly surprised because her birthday was just a week away and we also had a good date on the occasion.

My instincts were aroused because I stayed in Bangkok and every time I call her she was too busy to talk and stuff like that. I thought I might go surprise her on her birthday but figured if she was with someone else then I'd go to her house early the day after her birthday.

In the event I found her house was unlocked and when I went upstairs she was asleep alone but there were some guy's clothes on the floor although he had already left. When I challenged her she readily admitted that some guys had been coming to her workplace while I was away and that she invited him back for the first time on her birthday. She said she and I were finished.

I could hardly believe it since we'd been together for so long and I hadn't seen any warning signs and a five year relationship was over in just five minutes as far as I was concerned. My immediate reaction was what could I do to salvage the relationship, but even her family shut me out from that point on. That was what caused so much pain because it came from out-of-field.

She didn't get a lot of money out of me. We were planning marriage this year and she knew she would be getting more after we married. The odd thing is I found out that the new guy is a Thai drifter recently released from prison after serving a sentence for murder. He has no money at all, but has now talked his way into her house, ingratiated himself with her family and is driving her car around. I feel she's making a big mistake with this guy and I fear for her safety.

Anyway it's over between us but I don't feel I could trust another one after this experience.

coupla weeks to renew visa??

you, feeling for her safety, while she is with a killer?

would seem she is pretty safe, and you, who isnt

Classic. A "Thai drifter" no less. No money. And is a convicted felon. A murderer, for Christ's sake! Well, it could be worse. You could have lost your GF to a....eh....well maybe a....heck, it really couldn't be any worse.

Classic. A "Thai drifter" no less. No money. And is a convicted felon. A murderer, for Christ's sake! Well, it could be worse. You could have lost your GF to a....eh....well maybe a....heck, it really couldn't be any worse.

sure it could be,

he couldda killed his momma,

sure your not aq movie producer????, you are spreading it thick now and it is really starting to smell, troll on old son................

Some of the comments here are horrible. Maybe OP really just wanted to talk about it. I don't think it's a troll I think he is broken hearted. Sorry for the nasty comments OP. Good luck with everything

Most likely is a troll... Better spare your compassion for something real... Do you really think that someone who's broken hearted spends energy typing stories on a internet forum ?blink.png

I think the internet is often a place people will go to for some kind of advice.

Some do not have anyone really to offload to (or cannot)
Some may prefer the anonymity of forum, and the fact you get cold hard advice, rather than a friend papering over the cracks.
The problem is, i dont think here is the place to go really.

If the OP is trolling, then maybe the "advice" will help someone else..for, sadly its not really a unique situation (the cheating element at least)

• Like 1

I think the internet is often a place people will go to for some kind of advice.

Some do not have anyone really to offload to (or cannot)

Some may prefer the anonymity of forum, and the fact you get cold hard advice, rather than a friend papering over the cracks.

The problem is, i dont think here is the place to go really.

If the OP is trolling, then maybe the "advice" will help someone else..for, sadly its not really a unique situation (the cheating element at least)

True. The OP needs to find a community (forum) devoted specifically to the issues he seeks answers to.

He won't find answers here.

yes, I do.

sometimes the internet is a persons only friend.

try not to be, that person, as you may find, an unwillingness to believe YOU

Hey -- AstroPacinoTroll, how are you!

You in Florida tonight or Chiang Mai?

Stay cool.

I like Chaing Mai, a lot.

I am in florida, waiting for my music brothers to rescue my mental health

Time.

Better yet, the best advice came from a Soi 7 bar girl. "Never give your whole heart. Only give half. Save the other half for you."

Also, don't forget...

"The one who cares the least has the most control" ... or..

"In every relationship, one of you has the upper hand. Make sure it is always you"

enough said.

• Like 1

Time.

Better yet, the best advice came from a Soi 7 bar girl. "Never give your whole heart. Only give half. Save the other half for you."

Also, don't forget...

"In every relationship, one of you has the upper hand. Make sure it is always you"

enough said.

I am not a fan of either parties being "upper handed"

this, is a mistake many make, and totally avoidable

leads to resentment which aggravates the situation and leads to many an unhappy ending

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

yes, I do.

Stay cool.

You're a funny guy.

How is your Soapie Queen?

Time.

Also, don't forget...

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

Time.

Also, don't forget...

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

Pretty sad way to have a relationship though, no?

I can see where it makes sense to a point.

But after a while of being with someone, surely the beauty is being able to just let all barriers down.

..well, as long as both parties are doing so, of course.

Time.

Also, don't forget...

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

In matters of the heart, they speak truth

• Like 1

Time.

Also, don't forget...

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

Pretty sad way to have a relationship though, no?

I can see where it makes sense to a point.

But after a while of being with someone, surely the beauty is being able to just let all barriers down.

..well, as long as both parties are doing so, of course.

Surrender to partners is not the way many TV posters were taught,

There is another way, it's the hippie way, so anyone (many anyway) born before 1950, won't agree to any update of what is a mutually honored encounter

yes, I do.

Stay cool.

You're a funny guy.

How is your Soapie Queen?

With her family.

Sadly I got a picture that included the mother, but it was a nice thought

your thoughts on the other hand, probably had no nice intent, or was I wrong?

Can you state your age please? Here's hoping that it's below 30!

Bad relationship choices happen to people of all ages.

You would hope to make more sensible choices as you age, however, i would say here the opposite is often true.

Can you state your age please? Here's hoping that it's below 30!

Bad relationship choices happen to people of all ages.

You would hope to make more sensible choices as you age, however, i would say here the opposite is often true.

Alcohol creates a false sense of reality,

Take out the alcohol, and people's judgement improves dramatically,

there are also far more powerful drugs floating in the blood stream of many people in thailand, none of it is good for thinking clearly