Good Coffee Beans Shop

Looking for a nice ground coffee to make at home. Not the black roasted Thai style but something more on the lines of Starbucks w/o the 2200 bht/per kg price tag! Maybe a Chiang Mai grown bean or something nice to make with a French Press for my morning cup of joe.

Thanks

The guitar shop at Maenam Traders building near the Dusit Hotel also has a coffee business with good well roasted Chiang Mai beans. Also sold at K. Boys shop across from the 7-11 in Tong Krut.

Went to the Maenam Traders and was treated, to put it mildly, extremely rudely. If I was back home I would have wanted to beat the #%* out of the guy but as I'm a peaceful individual I would have just sued him for racial discrimination. Disgusting behavior not worthy of my business and perhaps others might want to consider where they spend their money too.

I like to grind fresh beans each morning. Personally, I think the best coffee you can buy here on the island is the "peaberry" coffee that comes from Chiang Mai. I get mine from Boy's in Tong Krut (opp 7/11) - however I only drink this in an emergency when I run out of my bullet proof coffee (see below)

I also like to drink this coffee which I order from the UK: http://www.hrhiggins.co.uk/coffees/very_dark_roasted/very_dark_roasted/creole_blend/

This is the coffee I drink regularly (I currently have a 5lb bag stuck at customs house here on Samui - can't wait to go pick that up..)

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/coffee/

I like some peabury MILD roast coffees from,Chiang Mai. I import my coffee from Australia. Coffeemio.com.au. Cheaper imported. Espresso roast is milder than normal Thai whilst not bland like Starbucks.

Works out cheaper than Thai coffee and its organic from cairns highlands on oz

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I know a bloke who knows a block called dave who sells columbian coffee beans in a dark ware house in a secret part of the island

His name is mr david latte black

U did not here this from me right

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I know a bloke who knows a block called dave who sells columbian coffee beans in a dark ware house in a secret part of the island

Mmmm coffee beans from Colombia. There is some dusty 'surprise' too? laugh.png

Now we know the problem he has some days blink.png ~ tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Now we know the problem he has some days blink.png ~ tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Columbian shit is the finest

Well apart from my own shit

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, the redcliff coffee from Chiang Rai is excellent. Since more than 6 months I order all my coffee beans from them online. They only sell pure Arabica beans which are freshly toasted after receiving your order and then sent right away to you by EMS. After 2 or 3 days they arrive here in Samui. You can choose your toasting grade according to your liking.
This coffee is highly recommended.
Cheers,
Carlos

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, Carlos Primeros said:

In the Green Light Café at zhe Elysia Hotel in FV is a coffee toasting machine where they make freshly toasted coffee beans. I do not know the schedule. Just drop by and have a look.

I'll visit and see if they sell fresh roast beans.