Problems with signing in.

Swamp Thing

Some time ago, I had an account on Thai visa that ran perfectly until one day I couldn't sign in. I clicked the sign in box, entered my user name and password, clicked sign in, and was returned to the page I had been viewing, but not signed in. I tried this several times, then contacted Support. I received a prompt and polite reply telling me that I had probably forgotten my password and they supplied me with a new one. I tried this new password and it didn't work.

I thought the best idea would be to open a new account and start again. I did this, and picked an easy password so there was no chance of forgetting it. The account worked for a short while, then I got the result described above. I contacted Support, received the same prompt and polite reply, with a new password, and I tried to sign in. Without success.

I particularly wanted to ask advice on the Motorbike forum, so I tried opening another new account. This worked for a few days, then, once again, I couldn't sign in. Sorry to repeat myself, but I contacted Support, and they suggested I pick a new password. This I did and as you can see, it works. Hopefully I am now a long term member of Thai Visa.

What I would like to ask other members, (if they can sign in...), has anybody else experienced similar problems. I am a member of other forums, one of them for years, and I have never had this problem with them. I comment on YouTube and send e-mails. No problem. I tried clearing my cookies and browser before signing in, but it made no difference. Has anybody else had problems, or should I don my tin-foil hat and accept it's just me?

I would like to stress that Linda at Support has always been helpful and courteous to any of my requests.

Here's a thing. I've just had the same problem, on Chrome, so I thought I would try to sign in on pre-Chrome Google. Here I am! Maybe trying to sign in on Chrome is the problem.

By the way, CWMcMurray, if you read the op, I'm asking if anybody else has had the same problem. If I had asked if anybody hadn't had the same problem, I would have expected thousands of replies. So keep your smug replies to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...