Thai Govt may not have enough budget to cover the year's first car buyer rebates

webfact

I want to know why PM Yingluck dissolved Parliament. No law or court said she had to. She never listened to Suthep before or after. Why didn't she, at least, make arrangements to continue the promised spending before she dissolved Parliament? I have a theory. Dr. Thaksin told her to. He thought that quick elections, which he was sure PTP would win, would give the government a fresh mandate to keep on hiding all the corruption under the surface. He was counting on the, off-budget, Bt. 2.2 trillion Infrastructure Improvement bill, that was written to be unaccounted for in its spending, to hide all the defects and theft in the other schemes. The Democrats caused him to fail with a boycott in 2006 and again in 2014. His self-confidence is unwarranted and is always at the root of his failures. Sad that Thai people cannot trust their government to keep its commitments. Sad that the government has conspired with Thaksin to steal all the money so there is none left for the people.

Whichever side of the political divide you favour it is, indeed, a mystery why Parliament was dissolved so hastily without tabling some quick cabinet resolutions beforehand to take care of the cash flow requirements that could have been anticipated for the caretaker government. Even without any disruptions it can take three and a half months to form a new government after dissolving Parliament which would have taken till mid-April.

Actually the excise tax to be "refunded" should have been reserved or budgeted in the National Budget. That budget is valid till September 2014 and is not (should not be?) effected by having the House dissolved. IMHO

Edited by rubl

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all bloody Suthep's fault that the world is going to find out what the recent Government has been up to. The nerve of the man, actually wanting to get rid of the corrupt, self serving dictators, it's just not cricket we tell you. How dare you do this Suthep, echo the many sympathising TVF members, it is undemocratic to stop them from raping and pillaging the country and it's people as they were democratically elected and cost them a lot of money to buy those democratic votes. Democracy will suffer, as we always fastidiously and pedantically explain to you in our own very democratic way.

We can stop this man Suthep says the red primates, we will kill and maim and blame it on him, we will spread falsities about him and we can even engineer serious charges against him, it's easy we just pay everybody to believe us and we have all those moronic farangs on their forums to spread the word amongst the international community that we have been democratically screwed . Lets face it, those losers are outcasts from their own country so they need us, we don't need them, otherwise why would they be suck holing to us. We can win because ours is bigger than Sutheps.

FRYSLAN BOPPE WHERE ARE YOU??? IN DUBAI by any chance renewing your lipstick - brown I think is your colour.

they all got a migraine today..no news to cheer them up..fryslan is working on a 7 page post of google facts as we speak to look really clever...im not taken in..must have sore fingers wai2.gif

Shortly to be followed by the collapse of the exorbitant price of second hand cars.

Probably not, the banks will just repo the cars and sell them at the auctions. Last time I attended one, the prices were close to what you have in the BKK car tents. Unless of course there are no buyers left at all, which could happen if the <deleted> really hits the fan.

• Like 1

I read that 1.2 million cars came under the buy back scam... but not all were 100,000 bt as i heard that if you went for bigger than 1.5 liter engine maybe only 60,000 - but call it 1.2 million at 100,000/3 thou usd... that is over 3 Billion usd...if they have only paid out 1 billion usd/30 bill Thai baht then they have a long way to go.... yes they thought easy election win and right back to hiding the car and rice scams and all the other "schemes" with taxpayer money - great posts above by the guys who know what is going on here in LOS...it is goping to be a LONG HOT summer around here... and it is getting hotter every day right now out here in Rangsit.... maybe one of the head rice farmer guys can get elected.... and Suthep going to ask the Big Guy to be interim PM ? is he crazy? that will start an all out down and dirty war- oh yah and did the 15 k per month payouts for Univ grads ever happen? oh and BTW I never saw one baht of the 5000 or 20,000 bt mentioned after the flood... and I had 7 ft of water in the White House Moobahn.. must have all gotten snagged by red party people for their friends... just like all the other gov money that gets back pocketed by officials on the billion + dollar scams....if I could vote here - I would vote for the first Rice Farmer who stands up and declares he is going to do something... dang nabbit

.....add it all up....the money that just seems to have disappeared into thin air......it must be trillions......

.....all these years....billions upon billions allocated for this that and the other thing...but the money has never made it to its destination...

....doesn't anybody care.....???

...this is really alarming....

• Like 1

.....add it all up....the money that just seems to have disappeared into thin air......it must be trillions......

.....all these years....billions upon billions allocated for this that and the other thing...but the money has never made it to its destination...

....doesn't anybody care.....???

...this is really alarming....

But it's not only in Thailand, it's everywhere

people have become totally disengaged and uninterested in politics and politicians and the way PUBLIC money is used

and that is truly alarming

PTP populist election promises:

Tablets for school going school children - FAIL

Rice subsidy scheme - MASSIVE FAIL for the farmers and some farmers are worse off than before

First Car Rebates - FAIL

Minumum wage of THB 300/day ???

Minimum salary for Uni students - 15k/m ??

Dear Poo dont seem to be doing to well with the election scams promises

Minimum wage 300 baht per day now and 1,000 baht per day by 2020. Shouldn't they be raising the minimum wage a little each year or are they planning to make another huge jump all at once?

I think they did lower the corporate tax rate.

"PUEA THAI PARTY

Policy pledges include:

- Guarantee a uniform daily minimum wage of 300 baht ($10) throughout the country; this would rise to 1,000 baht by 2020.

- Raise salaries of civil servants and state workers

- Universal medical care; patients pay 30 baht ($0.97) per visit

- Credit cards for farmers to buy fertiliser and other things needed for production; rice intervention scheme with a guaranteed 15,000-20,000 baht per tonne for unmilled rice

- Three-year household debt moratorium for those with up to 500,000 baht in debt, focusing on teachers, farmers and civil servants; debt restructuring for those with more than 500,000 baht.

- Starting monthly salary of 15,000 baht ($500) for new university graduates, up from the current 10,640 baht.

- Free tablet computers for about 800,000 new school children each year. Puea Thai says these would cost 5,000 baht ($160) each and operate with open-source software.

- Corporate tax cut from 30 percent to 23 percent in first year, 20 percent in second year

- Tax cuts for buyers of first homes and first cars

- A flat 20 baht fare for all 10 mass transit rail lines in Bangkok

- Promote Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport as regional hub

- High-speed rail lines linking key cities in the north, northeast, east and upper south regions. Trains to link with outskirts of Bangkok and eastern tourism, industrial hubs

- Annual rural village development funds of between 300,000 and two million baht for each of Thailand's 73,000 villages.

- Monthly welfare allowance of 600 baht for elderly citizens of over 60, rising to 700 baht at 70, 800 baht at 80, and 1,000 baht at 90

- Free Wi-Fi and Internet connections in public places.

- Build 30-km (18-mile) anti-flooding levees to protect Bangkok and satellite towns from tide surges around the Gulf of Thailand

- Special administrative status for southern Muslim provinces

- Campaign to wipe out illicit drugs ($1 = 31 baht)

(Compiled by Martin Petty, Vithoon Amorn and Orathai Sriring; Editing by Alan Raybould)"

The PTP has budgeted things extra low because there was no way they could do it from the budget available. There are limits to what they could loan and what was acceptable as a deficit. So by calling the rice scam cost neutral it would not show up as a deficit in the budget. Many of their policies were under budgeted because else the countries deficit would be too high. They had hoped to cover it up with the 2.1 trillion loan.

There is no party worse as the PTP they wrecked Thailand. But as long as they keep making good promises nobody cares if it can be done or if it can be paid for. Voters think its all possible they don't think its a lie. That is why its hard to compete with the PTP because they lie and cheat and propose plans that either wreck the country or cant work at all. But as long as your voters are dumb and poor they don't care one bit. Guess what most PTP voters are. But it really puzzles me how supposedly educated foreigners could support the PTP.

Guys like Robert Amsterdam I understand he gets paid for it I wonder how many more get paid to promote the PTP in secret ways on message boards and such.

The PTP seems to make all their budgets too low. This way it looks like their deficit is not too much on paper. They put the rice scam as cost neutral, meaning no costs for it allocated just a long. On paper it would not cost a thing. We all now know that it cost 700 billion.

Thing is they are lousy at finances or they don't want to put the whole price of someting there because that would mean less for other budgets. They like big budgets as that allows them to steal even more.

If anyone wants to know where the money is. Wonder why YL her personal assets went up so much.. and please check big T too and other members of cabinet.

Corruption at heights previously not known.. deficits on budgets higher as ever. Big T and his minions are stealing the countries money on a larger scale as ever.

Suthep might not be a good guy but he is the only one standing between a bankrupt country and Taksin. I had preferred it to be someone else but unfortunately this country has not much better. I really hope the NACC can pin some crimes on this bunch of criminals called the PTP.

Reforms and accountability are needed.. its hard to imagine that anyone can disagree with that.

If you were going to steal billions would you put it in a place where a newspaper could find it and report on it in a year?

I predicted this months ago

If you need to borrow from the government to buy a car you can't afford one , same as the housing schemes around the world

All these government backed schemes all over the world are doomed to failure. They mess with free market economics, create bubbles and false markets. At some point the market will adjust itself. Has the world learned nothing from 2008? In our town a whole new load of used car dealers sprung up over the last two years. I'm told the vehicles on their forecourts (mostly pickups) are repossessions. Fall out from the first car scheme perhaps? Could there be a link to the rice pledge scheme? Double whammy for unfortunate farmers. Well done Yingluck and co. Unfortunately your average brainwashed Isaan farmer isn't equipped to see through these vote buying scams.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

Edited by bushman1666

The US always budgets more than it has on hand. Can't they print more money like the US does or have a country like China that will lend it to them? Is their version of democrats different than that of the US?

Have you ever experienced loaning a Thai some money ?

In my experience it is a one way transaction

Oh dear ! their electoral basis is getting smaller by the day.First they piss off the farmers and now the first time car buyers.They do seem to be an incompetent lot.Whoever wins the next election is going to have to find an awful lot of money,better to lose maybe.

That is the problem of winning an election after an other government has wrecked the finances. The next party is going to be held responsible for it anyway. Its the way of the world not just in Thailand. It will be the next government that needs to make some cuts to get the finances in order again.

Just like the Democrats did back in 1997 to 2001.

Oh dear ! their electoral basis is getting smaller by the day.First they piss off the farmers and now the first time car buyers.They do seem to be an incompetent lot.Whoever wins the next election is going to have to find an awful lot of money,better to lose maybe.

But ironically they still support these corrupt numpties. At the last election a few months back my wife tried to tell all her family in the village (and there are many of them) that Ying & Tack are corrupt villains who are incompetent and don't give a shit about poor Thais. But they all still voted for them. You can lead a horse to water...............

Another vote buying scam just bit Madam Poo in the butt?

I got my 100,000 already, using my grandma name to purchase a car. She was 90 years old, and don't even have a licence.

Thanks Poo.

Who cares about the other people.

This must be Suthep's fault too.

50bln lost every months since the beginning of protests, so now over 250bln. Tax on it some 20%. The most hit government departments were tax and customs

See? Nickymaster? Someone found a reason why it's Suthep's fault! cheesy.gif

If this government would have done the right thing from the start: change electoral laws and call new elections it would have already been long over. So it's the fault of the Sae Khu clan!

It was of course not the fault of a faulty scheme to help their own car vehicle selling buddies thumbsup.gif which in the meantime was a great lure for legal vote buying wai2.gif for the masses who thought: I can finally own a car. Most of them are on default now and cars are being taken back in large numbers, the second hand car market has collapsed under its weight and the roads are fuller and fuller with people that drive cars but don't pay insurance or taxes. Great scheme! Keep m coming! clap2.gif