Thai marching band members apologise for their 'childish behaviour'

webfact

"yet society is treating us as if we are not Thai"

Actually, society is recognizing that you ARE Thai:

Concerned only about face, never stopping to consider possible repercussions of one's actions, issuing an "apology" to whitewash things afterwards, "vowing" to never do it again, crying, and looking for someone else to blame.

Quick... name the nationality I am describing!

sir..sir ...sir is it thai...they will suck you dry..(i meant money wise)..treating us as if we are not thai...oh your thai alright make no mistake..no adults saying sorry i see..another example of responsibility rearing ever so ugly head again......

I think it's cool how they slipped in that they are now hoping for a miracle so that they can go to a competition in the US on Thursday, but they won't borrow any more money. Just too funny.

The apology should not have come from the band members. The kids have at least displayed more maturity than the school Director.

i say james i bet it was the directer who told them to say sorry..cant be doing with any of that face loss now can we...pathetic people..

" We did not kill anybody, nor did we break the law, yet society is treating us as if we are not Thai. I'm not good academically and wanted to bring fame to the school"

Result then. I'd never heard of you before.

P.S. I believe extorting money is actually a crime.

Not in Thailand it ain't,it's a way of life.

Marching band members apologise for their 'childish behaviour'

Well, you are children, so the behavior fits. However, the school director is not a child...

But have you considered he may have the brain of a child. (kindergarten level )

Many of the Negative Comments Posted by "Adult" TV members about this "School Band Fundraising" are far More "Childish" than the students of that School Band who are "Children".

Camping out and Playing Music and Shows at a business after normal work hours from 8 at night until 5 in the morning can hardly be compared to pressuring or extorting. According to reports; The owner or CEO and the property and business were not threatened in any way. He could have easily said No.

The School's Alumni Association felt the activity was inappropriate and stated that they would make sure the money was paid back.

The School Administration and Director needs to be held accountable. Not the Students who are not Adults.

Welcome to the Monty Python Appreciation Society.Have you paid your membership dues.1 years subcription is the bargain price of 10 idiotic posts,9 more to go.

Well at least they didn't sodomize anyone or murder new members as has happened in marching bands in the USA.

Source citations?!! Why you feel it necessary to bring in another country bewilders me. Stay on the topic or start another topic.

Why didn´t School director Pacharapong Trithepha or Yada Mahanon, a representative of the school's alumni apologise?

School director Pacharapong Trithepha should resign.

Because the word apollogy is not in their vocabulary.

"Seeing that the school has become a target of heavy criticism after the group's move, he said he and his fellow band mates wanted to apologise."

So it is the heavy criticism rather than an sense of right and wrong that makes them want to apologize. Along with cricitical thinking, students should be taught ethics and pigs should fly.

Why didn´t School director Pacharapong Trithepha or Yada Mahanon, a representative of the school's alumni apologise?

School director Pacharapong Trithepha should resign.

Because the word apollogy is not in their vocabulary.

Oh the irony.

Spelt like that, it probably is.

To factors here that I do not understand.

How did the students push the businessman into paying 3.1 million baht for the funding of their trip? And why did Ichitan Group's Tan Passakornatee agree to pay for the trip?

Only if the company believed that it was going to acquire some good publicity out of this as sponsors for the school band, otherwise none of this makes any sense.

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about, Tan has more money than sense by the looks of it and is now feeling a bit embarrassed that he essentially gave a bunch of teenagers 3.1 million to stop talking to him and give him some peace but then realised when he heard the phone call that he was seen as a bit of a soft touch.

Why not just say no in the first place?

• Like 1

Why must they apologize? For what, exactly?

They wanted to go on a trip, didn't have the funds, asked a rich supporter if he would fund their dream, and he did. What's the issue?

No apology, needed. He's a grown, rich man who chose how to spend his money. Did they put a gun to his head? I really don't get the story, here.

This happens all the time in western countries, even. Rich benefactors donating money to school bands, school clubs, school sports teams, etc. so they can travel to tournaments and events.

I feel like I'm missing something, here. Who cares?

Well at least they didn't sodomize anyone or murder new members as has happened in marching bands in the USA.

blink.png I have absolutely no idea what to say other than,

"murder and sodomy" for a ........ band????