PM assigns Deputy Defense Minister to get to grips with southern violence

webfact

PNPOL570408001001001_08042014_052601.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 April 2014 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered Deputy Minister of Defense Gen.Yuthasak Sasiprapha to be in charge of solutions to the southern unrest after recent explosions in Yala. The Ministry of Interior has been tasked with providing compensation for the victims.

Deputy Spokesperson of the government Lt.Sunisa Lertphakhawat announced the results of the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, saying that PM Yingluck expressed concern about the recent bombings in the southern province of Yala and assigned Gen.Yuthasak to oversee solutions to the deep southern violence. The premier instructed the deputy defense minister to work with the Internal Security Operation Command in urgently tackling the southern conflict in order to ensure safety during the coming Songkran festival.

The prime minister also said during the Cabinet meeting that the bombings in Yala unsettled her and called on national security units to collaborate on solutions to the southern violence. As for compensation for the victims, Ms Yingluck assigned the Ministry of Interior to assist the injured and compensate for the deaths.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-08 footer_n.gif

Well he should b not be too busy as he is assigned to oversee solutions to problems in the south. To date I don't think anyone has found a single solution much less multiple solutions, at least not according to the results from those assigned to solve the southern unrest. Just more posituring, in the feeble attempt to give the impression someone gives a sh.t.

• Like 2

Can this woman not do anything? Not even call meetings, sit on committees, brainstorm?

All she does is delegates and thinks her job is done.

Sorry pedro,I can see 2 mistakes in your post, no.1 no brain to storm and no.2 she runs Thailand on facebook,my appoligies hope yopu don't think I am nit picking.

• Like 1

Can this woman not do anything? Not even call meetings, sit on committees, brainstorm?

A bit like the Australian P.M. He delegates the bulk of the work to other ministers instead of doing it himself. He has foreign ministers, education minister, defence, environment, social services and the list is endless. Lazy prick just sits back and gets briefings on everything instead of running the country single handedly. If he actually got off his butt and did everything it would save the tax payer a fortune.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well he should b not be too busy as he is assigned to oversee solutions to problems in the south. To date I don't think anyone has found a single solution much less multiple solutions, at least not according to the results from those assigned to solve the southern unrest. Just more posituring, in the feeble attempt to give the impression someone gives a sh.t.

Right, the only thing he has to do first is "get to grips" with all the names who he can blame.

Bravo yingluck. I must admit I have egg on my face after my last post. How wrong I was…The thing about democracy is admitting when you are wrong and being held accountable for what you said. I will be held accountable for my last post as I support 15 principle of democracy. WOW. I was wrong and I admit it. How refreshing to hear that on TVF. Very rare indeed.

yingluck has delegated work load by assigning minsters to certain tasks.

She should continue down this path by giving timeframes to her ministers to hold them accountable, set parameters and goals to adhere too. She should have a mouth piece that will relay information to the innocent victims of the terrorist as well as the wider community with updates on the progress. Journalists should push ahead with the "hard" questions to enforce accountability for the benefit of the voter base and overall population.

Just like elections being the start of a democracy, delegating a work load is the start of a scheme, project or plan. It cannot stop there. Without a continuation after elections or delegation the system will fail, unaccountability will prevail and the system will back at square one.

Progress is a PTP failure. Lets see that change, yingluck with progress after delegation. I am not optimistic, but I am hopeful. Not for me, but for the majority whose voice is not heard because of PTP arrogance.

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has rejected Deputy Defence Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha's offer to resign in the wake of the posting of online audio clips of a purported conversation in which Yuthasak appears to discuss national affairs with former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, sources said yesterday.

"Yingluck asked Yuthasak to go on assisting her as her deputy," a Government House source said.

Yingluck also holds the De-fence portfolio.

The government has cast doubt on the authenticity of the clips.

On Saturday, "Thai patriot" posted on YouTube four audio clips of two men who sound like Yuthasak and Thaksin talking about the political and military situations in Thailand, including in the deep South, as well as the upcoming military reshuffle and a plan to help the fugitive Thaksin return to his homeland.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-rejects-Yuthasaks-offer-to-step-down-30209927.html

A bit like the Australian P.M. He delegates the bulk of the work to other ministers instead of doing it himself. He has foreign ministers, education minister, defence, environment, social services and the list is endless. Lazy prick just sits back and gets briefings on everything instead of running the country single handedly. If he actually got off his butt and did everything it would save the tax payer a fortune.

But in this case, Yingluck IS the Defense Minister.

• Like 1

Perhaps the PM should assign herself to getting a grip of the problems in Bangkok.

A high profile, multi stop, multi 'photo' opportunity tour of the Southern provinces, not unlike her tour of the North might offer and unexpected resolution.

• Like 1

Sorry pedro,I can see 2 mistakes in your post, no.1 no brain to storm and no.2 she runs Thailand on facebook,my appoligies hope yopu don't think I am nit picking.

you missed one, she did do something...

installed a fall guy.

• Like 1

just cede the land back to Malaya.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chalerm will be relieved. Wasn't he in charge but bottled out from actually going there

Well he kinda 'bottled' out but not quite in the way you mean ;)

If the PM was just a PM she would delegate this very important duty to the Defence Minister, but as she is also Defence Minister she has delegated the job to the Deputy Defence Minister! How funny. So why is she Defence Minister exactly?

That's what Prime Ministers do; they don't have time to do everything required in every portfolio, so Ministers are in charge. Business works exactly the same way, the CEO delegates.

Follow up is important via briefings, etc., but ultimately the appointed Minister carries the can.

Nothing but bashing here......to speak about the problems in the south.....there will never be peace with the muslims...its their way or nothing....all the rest of the World has bowed down to these scums.....So Thailand can follow the rest of the appeasers like in Europe, or you rid the south of these people....then there will be peace.

Nothing but bashing here......to speak about the problems in the south.....there will never be peace with the muslims...its their way or nothing....all the rest of the World has bowed down to these scums.....So Thailand can follow the rest of the appeasers like in Europe, or you rid the south of these people....then there will be peace.

A bit of ethnic cleansing? They can take lessons from their neighbours..

As one poster said - give the 3 provinces back to the Malays...let them deal with it...

NottheNation has a good article on the problem...