The US Embassy has changed the location of the Udon Thani Outreach Program.

retiredaamt

The new location for the US Embassy Outreach Program in Udon Thani on the 23rd of April is as follows:

Ban Chiang Hotel

5 Mookmontri Road'

Udon Thani Thailand 41000

042 327 911

All other information remains the same.

Larry Edmonds

US Embassy Warden, Zone 8, Ubon Thailand.

Edited by retiredaamt
  • Like 1

If you go to the US Embassy website and enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) you will get this information and other pertinent data sent directly to your email inbox.

"U.S. citizens who travel to or reside in Thailand are strongly advised to enroll in the State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) https://step.state.gov/step/. U.S. citizens without Internet access may enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. By enrolling, you make it easier for the U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in case of an emergency."

Do I still need to pay in baht (vice US dollars) for a Certification of Income? Last year, I brought all dollars and what a bad time I had trying to get baht in the hotel...or from the Consulate. Somebody finally helped me out...for a 100 baht profit.

I believe I need exact change....about 1800 baht or so. You would think they Consulate would deal in dollars !

Very odd that the outreach is now far from the train and bus stations, in a 2nd class hotel,

I was told today the reason for the move is that the Centara was fully booked when they decided to make reservations.

Another very successful Outreach visit. Approx. 110 people signed in for the ACS service. It was very busy early, 8:00 am, but by 10:30 am it began to thin out. After 11:00 am there was no waiting. Next visit Oct. 15 at the Centara Hotel. Thank you ACS for your service.

• Like 1

Very odd that the outreach is now far from the train and bus stations, in a 2nd class hotel,

I was told today the reason for the move is that the Centara was fully booked when they decided to make reservations.

Exactly true. We finished up quickly and were surprised at how orderly everything was. Plenty of Parking, little traffic, nice room for waiting, coffee and snacks. The hotel was very friendly...more so than the last meeting I attended at Centara. Even though it was in a different class. Very convenient and within walking distance to my house. We used the pool right after wards.

After the swim, we went to Center Mall and the whole outside parking area was jam packed. Horrible Traffic. Must of been something big at the Centara Hotel. Many double parked cars.

Very good call on the part of the Consulate. Thanks for the convenience and the smart move.

Edited by slipperylobster