Toyota to recall 6.39 million vehicles worldwide

webfact

Bloomberg finacial news reported today that all Thai built models are affected , as well as other production sites Vigo/fortuner, Yaris/Vios , corrolla models but did not mention Altis ,or camry seems one common suspect component is the ignition switch and some electrical relays ..source of defective parts not mentioned .

ignitions may catch fire - transam may wonder what will happen when his chip sets off a chain reaction and burns his hot rod to the ground. ;)

More details today in UK

actually 5 recalls in order worldwide , cerain batches of vehicles ???

some relays and airbags problems , springs and brackets in steering columns and ignitions switches , models in UK are thai built Vigo/hilux , UK built yaris ,corrolla and also Innova and landcruiser but they are not made in UK ,, this is from UK dept of transport

Recall does not affect all Toyotas only those made in certain BATCHES thats a real mess ,

Considering the average Thai put 60-80psi in tyres when they only need 32 for cars and 45 psi for pickups i think we all have more to worry about than recalls

Sorry ol' chum, but it is around 29psi for pick-ups...........................whistling.gif...................smile.png

Oh no, not this again.. whistling.gif

YOU may run at 29psi and enjoy the comfy ride. OTHERS may inflate to ~36/40psi higher for LT ratings] and enjoy a safer highway ride and longer tyre life.

Forget what the vehicle manufacturers 'tyre placard' says ... its as useful as UseByDate on supermarket meat products.

Believe me, Toyota (Sumitomo) has very deep pockets. When I was working in the industry, it was rumored that the entire workforce of Toyota could take paid vacation for a year and they would still not even run out of petty cash. I worked in quality control for H Company, and if it has got to this stage (out in public) then you can bet its a safety issue, which they will never admit for liability reasons. Issue the recall, fix the issue to the minimum 'safe' standard (read people stop complaining level). Then farm the cost out to the subsidiary who made it, who Toyota owns anyway, they go broke, Toyota saves face, everything goes back to normal. Except for the people driving around...... Oh the stories I could tell..... Its actually good personally to see Toyota get a shot in the butt every now and then. Bet those cars weren't made in the Australian plant they just announced the closure of....

How you say in Thai....Som Nam NA------------!

Oz

That must be because of the bailouts from the Japanese government.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

People use the Higher Pressures for Load Carrying Kaptainnob. Or just to hop around and ware the middle bit out if not.. 29 is generally correct as TA says.thumbsup.gif

I don't understand why folk inflate tyres so their heads bang on the roof and wear out quick. rolleyes.gif ..................coffee1.gif

Aaaaaaaaah,,, listened to a Thai bloke.............thumbsup.gif

People use the Higher Pressures for Load Carrying Kaptainnob. Or just to hop around and ware the middle bit out if not.. 29 is generally correct as TA says.thumbsup.gif

I don't understand why folk inflate tyres so their heads bang on the roof and wear out quick. rolleyes.gif ..................coffee1.gif

Aaaaaaaaah,,, listened to a Thai bloke.............thumbsup.gif

mine are at around 41.