£50 bank notes

ryro88

Never had any poblems with 50s as long as they are pretty well brand new and in good condition.

Superich in Bangkok even changed some Hundred Pound Notes for me a couple of years ago ..albeit

with a slightly diff x-change rates...but suited me at the time..

In fact you get more Baht for £50 than smaller notes,especially down walking street(112? On the right)or call them on 0839 880001.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Never had any poblems with 50s as long as they are pretty well brand new and in good condition.

Superich in Bangkok even changed some Hundred Pound Notes for me a couple of years ago ..albeit

Thanks for the info, I was wondering where I could shift the £100 notes I have;

post-20091-0-05843300-1397030055_thumb.j

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

I know they can be pretty hard to to shift even in the UK at the best of times...

laugh.png Yeah right, well let's hear that again after you visit the UK.

In Thailand like most SEA countries, banks can be fussy according to their quality and if they have writing on.

I know they can be pretty hard to to shift even in the UK at the best of times...

In Thailand like most SEA countries, banks can be fussy according to their quality and if they have writing on.

Banks do not seem to care much about writting on notes these days ,i remember when it was an offence ,

attachicon.gifimages (4).jpg

Might have a problem with the above....errr fake...however...this is gen...

post-13-0-26905100-1397035612_thumb.jpg

Scottish ,NI and Channel Islands still issue but sans..... Angleterre.....so ra wang....

attachicon.gifrbs100.jpg

Scottish ,NI and Channel Islands still issue but sans..... Angleterre.....so ra wang....

Foreign currency doesn't count.

• Like 2

Banks do not seem to care much about writting on notes these days ,i remember when it was an offence ,

There was a time when Thai notes had to be handed with face side up.

But for English 50 pound notes, they're used by bank tellers as scrap pads!

I have 16 of them here they are in good shape so hopefully I can get them changed. Probably not all at once tho.

Check them very carefully against the security features..... http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/current/security_50.aspx

Can you imagine 1 or 2 of them were duds??? The poilice will never believe you didn't know!! whistling.gif

Even fakes can be obtained from the bank.

They are genuine I got them from the Nationwide myself

Hopefully they are the new ones; the older style are no longer legal tender (from this month, I think) but can be exchanged at UK banks until September...I think. May be worth doing an internet search...which I haven't because I haven't got any. :-(

attachicon.gifrbs100.jpg

Foreign currency doesn't count.

Hopefully in a few months time I will be in complete agreement with you....with a BIG " YES."......

They are genuine I got them from the Nationwide myself

Hopefully they are the new ones; the older style are no longer legal tender (from this month, I think) but can be exchanged at UK banks until September...I think. May be worth doing an internet search...which I haven't because I haven't got any. :-(

May be a while before the banks here catch up then - I remember when the new 20s came in and tried to change a wad of them after a trip home. The image books they use here still had the old notes and it took a long time to get it sorted as they checked each note separately and had to disappear into a back office to check them - I guess using a digit image.

I have 16 of them here they are in good shape so hopefully I can get them changed. Probably not all at once tho.

Check them very carefully against the security features..... http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/current/security_50.aspx

Can you imagine 1 or 2 of them were duds??? The poilice will never believe you didn't know!! whistling.gif

I worked for a bank many years ago (as a long term client) - I had a friend who worked in Bullion (not gold anymore - basically deals with cash for Bank ATMs and large ordered cash withdrawals) - he said it was unwritten policy to slip known counterfeit bills into the ATMs to keep them in circulation - it was all down to the fact that the bank has to take the hit as insurance doesn't cover them (guess its seen as negligence accepting them in the first place). Not giving details of the bank, so don't ask - but the guy seemed to think it was common practice.

In fact you get more Baht for £50 than smaller notes,especially down walking street(112? On the right)or call them on 0839 880001.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seen this with US Dollars, but never with British notes - interesting. Banks don't seem to make the distinction though (looking at the exchange rate boards as I do when banking - there are always 3 rows for US currency and one for everything else - they just seem to hate small dollar bills - or love big dollar bills - not sure which).

• Like 1

I worked for a bank many years ago (as a long term client) - I had a friend who worked in Bullion (not gold anymore - basically deals with cash for Bank ATMs and large ordered cash withdrawals) - he said it was unwritten policy to slip known counterfeit bills into the ATMs to keep them in circulation - it was all down to the fact that the bank has to take the hit as insurance doesn't cover them (guess its seen as negligence accepting them in the first place). Not giving details of the bank, so don't ask - but the guy seemed to think it was common practice.

I wish your friend would do the right thing and report the bank to the Banking Regulator, particularly as he is no longer an employee of the bank.

I recall a number of reports on TV when people who have had a hard time when exchanging bank notes that turn out to be fake which they had from UK ATM's.

I wish your friend would do the right thing and report the bank to the Banking Regulator, particularly as he is no longer an employee of the bank.

I recall a number of reports on TV when people who have had a hard time when exchanging bank notes that turn out to be fake which they had from UK ATM's.

I am going back two decades or so here - lost touch with him years ago when I moved clients. We did berate him at the time - but it was his job. I can't say too much without giving the bank away (and I don't fancy a law suit I can't substantiate - hear say and all that): the bank is still around, but has changed a lot structurally I doubt they have the same policies these days in anything (I know they replaced all the technology a number of years back - with stuff from another bank which was well behind - backwards step - due to the "structural changes").

Bank of England notes no problem.

Bank of Scotland notes can be difficult to exchange as some banks don't seem to know of there existence.

Bit like when you used to get different exchange rates for the English & Irish Pounds.