Suthep plays down 'sovereignty' claim

webfact

For all the Suthep devotees who claim the newspaper article was a crock of lies, and your beloved leader never utter those words, perhaps a simple English lesson is in order.

DENY - Claim the words attributed to you were never said.

RETRACT - Admit the words were said and then try to take them back by claiming they were "misunderstood", or that "I didn't mean them the way they came out"

Is that clear enough for you?

Oh, and before you call me a "Red Sheeple", or something similarly stupid, I'm as much against Thaksin as anyone, and firmly believe he has done more to disrupt and destroy Thailand as anyone.

You must be talking about suthep destroying Thailand, which he has done a pretty good job of so far. And when he tries to to become the supreme dictator thailand will be worse.

General Prayuth Chan-ocha earlier ordered legal action against a group of people in Chiang Mai who espoused the idea of separating the Northern region from the rest of the Kingdom. But with regard to whether Mr. Suthep’s declaration of sovereign was illegal, (it) was not for him to decide. No wonder Suthep sought out support of the military for his "hypothetical" claim to Thailand sovereignty. General Prayuth Chan-ocha is showing clear political favoritism to the PDRC, not treating all political parties equally, and needs to resign from office for abuse of power.

On another note, a lot of TV commentors take issue with how Suthep's speech was translated into english that could have caused a misunderstanding of what Suthep actually said. Suthep spoke in Thai. The Thai Government leaders, military, police, and news media are native Thai speakers. It is they who are hearing from Suthep the idea of him assuming the nation's sovereinty after the removal of Yingluck from the PM. So let's get away from useless claims of mistranslations. Obviously, Suthep well understood what he said and the legal problems it might cause him to the extent he needs now to "retract" his sovereignty statements.

• Like 1

For all the Suthep devotees who claim the newspaper article was a crock of lies, and your beloved leader never utter those words, perhaps a simple English lesson is in order.

RETRACT - Admit the words were said and then try to take them back by claiming they were "misunderstood", or that "I didn't mean them the way they came out"

Oh, and before you call me a "Red Sheeple", or something similarly stupid, I'm as much against Thaksin as anyone, and firmly believe he has done more to disrupt and destroy Thailand as anyone.

You must be talking about suthep destroying Thailand, which he has done a pretty good job of so far. And when he tries to to become the supreme dictator thailand will be worse.

Suthep never said that. Khaosod wrongly translated the intention.

Khaosod need to take responsibility and print full page apology to Suthep, and the people of Thailand.

No, actually I was speaking of Thaksin specifically, but I would put Suthep right there beside him. Both of them need to be put on a slow boat to China filled with holes .

Any facts please instead of all the rhetoric, especially from you red sheeple ? Have you actually heard and understood what he said for yourself instead of just believing what Khaosod's translated to English article says ?

You people never actually heard the word "sovereign" did you?

The fact is, he never said that.

I don't think he even know the meaning of that.

In fact, he did not even utter a word english at all.

Here is the proof.

Edited by chotthee

Any facts please instead of all the rhetoric, especially from you red sheeple ? Have you actually heard and understood what he said for yourself instead of just believing what Khaosod's translated to English article says ?

I don;r think he even know the meaning of that.

Show me a video prof please.

I think you are right.. my wife translated a faxed copy of the speech in Thai and she used the word "medium" where others took it for "Sovereign"..

The first time she translated it it came out "Emperor" but I asked her to do it again...and she came with "medium" which I personally took as intermediary ( or rep) kinda made more sense in context... then from the Blue Sky Video made more sens as ( intermediary intention) but he still went over the top...jumped the shark as it were...and Suthep would not be afraid to flat out deny his intention...he is confident enough to do that... if in case it was "that" misconstrued...but he didn't ... he chose to retract... so whether that was coached by the string pullers or by his own volition it implies he knew he might have gone too far... and enough of a blunder to stir international response... so somebody in that camp isn't too happy...

Edited by DirtFarmer

I think you are right.. my wife translated a faxed copy of the speech in Thai and she used the word "medium" where others took it for "Sovereign"..

The first time she translated it it came out "Emperor" but I asked her to do it again...and she came with "medium" which I personally took as intermediary ( or rep) kinda made more sense in context... then from the Blue Sky Video made more sens as ( intermediary intention) but he still went over the top...jumped the shark as it were...and Suthep would not be afraid to flat out deny his intention...he is confident enough to do that... if in case it was "that" misconstrued...but he didn't ... he chose to retract... so whether that was coached by the string pullers or by his own volition it implies he knew he might have gone too far... and enough of a blunder to stir international response... so somebody in that camp isn't too happy...

So now Suthep want to be the "Emperor" of Thailand.

I am sure you you ignore that version, to suite you.

So now Suthep want to be the "Emperor" of Thailand.

I am sure you you ignore that version, to suite you.

If you read what i said you would not infer any of that garbage nor attribute it to me... I repeat.. "

The first time she translated it it came out "Emperor" but I asked her to do it again...and she came with "medium" which I personally took as intermediary ( or rep) kinda made more sense in context...".............. but feel free to misconstrue as you wish...

To which Suthep declared, "Once we become the sovereign (power), we will seize the assets of the Shinawatra family members. We won't allow them to go abroad. They will need to report to us."

"We will appoint a prime minister of the people and submit the name to His Majesty to be countersigned by me."

the 'other' paper who, I believe, got it right - this is what he said

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 1

To which Suthep declared, "Once we become the sovereign (power), we will seize the assets of the Shinawatra family members. We won't allow them to go abroad. They will need to report to us."

"We will appoint a prime minister of the people and submit the name to His Majesty to be countersigned by me."

On the other newspaper's site I do not find those sentences. I do find two articles with much more 'innocent' remarks, like

- people to reclaim power after Ms. Yingluck's status terminated

- personally seek endorsement for a new PM

- declare ownership of power on behalf of the people

This will complete what I have been saying for 2 weeks now.

Thaksin wants Ko Tee silenced.

The Thaksin regime realized that they blundered when they allowed talk of secession echo from the UDD stages, and quickly moved to wallpaper over it when the army perked up over it.

But Ko Tee kept running his mouth off.

They arranged for the police to close his radio station before it even broadcast anything and arrested 4 of his mob outside the NACC the next day for the cache of weapons... But still that didn't quieten him down.

So it has come to the last solution.... Bang him up in prison.

The last thing they want is this loose cannon blowing their cover. He is a fly in their ointment for their master plan of civil war and separation of the state.

They will also see a bonus in this action to justify charges against the PDRC for the same on the pretense that they are cracking down on it (including their own)... But it won't wash....

While the courts will be more than happy to lock up Ko Tee, they will throw out the charges against the PDRC.

Nothing surprising from your comment, bang up the reds with the LM laws but as for Suthep, no, no, no, he's ok the video clip is just that red news paper twisting his statement he will take sovereignty himself and choose a PM, Hypocrisy at it's highest...

First of all.... Khaosod twisted twisted Suthep's speech. He actually said nothing about claiming sovereign power for himself and you darn well know it pal.

Please give me a word for word translation of his speech, I already have one, but I want to see yours that he actually said things that were illegal.

Second..... Ko Tee's arrest warrant is no more than Thaksin silencing him because YL / PTP / UDD / Thaksin's true agenda is to stoke a civil war for no other reason than to be able to split the country in half and they can rule the northern half as a North Korea style dictatorship.

Ko Tee was constantly blowing their plans into the open.

On the other newspaper's site I do not find those sentences. I do find two articles with much more 'innocent' remarks, like

No point arguing with these red fools.

They have made their mind up about what he said, and that is the Khaosod version which has actually been PROVED lies.

Where are the charges from the DSI and CAPO???.... If indeed he said what Khaosod reckons he said, then surely the arrest warrant would have been issued days ago.

You can't get an arrest warrant from the courts based on lies.

I won't be answering red fools who stick to the Khaosod agenda any more.... let them prattle among themselves and ignore them all and they will go away once they realize nobody with any substance is listening to them.

You are a man of substance then? I must have misjudged you , I thought you were a racist bully!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Calling these poor, unfortunate red souls "sheeple" is an insult to both people and sheep. Even the stupid ones.

These clowns are in their own league ! biggrin.png

So Khaosod reported him saying 'sovereign' which apparently is not an accurate translation of what he said. The Op from the Nation says he retracted (which the anti-protestor mob here love to believe) which is not what the article says. Explaining is not retracting.

Conspiracy, distortion & sometimes unfortunately lies, seem to be the basis of red arguments when they're not misusing the words 'elite', 'ammart'', 'fascist' etc etc.

"ANTI-GOVERNMENT protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban..."

Just a little correction this morning on how the Anti-UDD/RS and pro-PAD/Dem media frame things according to their skewed perspective:

Anti-Govt.?......Suthep and his Lumpini crowd are not anti-govt, in the same way that the 2010 R'song demonstrations were also not anti-Govt..

All of this political activity revolves around the issue of a coup....Coup focused activity, for or against, is only secondarily anti-Govt.. not primarily.

Protest leader?.....Being coup-intentioned, but using issue's as cover, that should rightfully be Parliamentarized, is not a 'protest'......By definition, a protest is against something.....Coup advocacy is not against something, but in favour of it.

Suthep should more accurately be characterized as the Coup advocacy leader. His primary intention is to create conditions for a coup, and dreaming about a Civilian dictatorship. Being against the Govt. is just a by-product of those motivations but used to try and validate the primary objective.....

The media is aiding and abetting that smoke.

Coup count = 6 Monger count = 0.. I'm impressed!!!!

You get faxed copies of Suthep speeches???? That is seriously weird. Who uses faxes these days? Do they even exist?

I made a posting 2 months ago saying

The Protest in the streets would turn into a cat fight in the Courts

He who sit on the side line waiting

when the two parties end their fighting to him will get the spoils

Yes, very insightful.

You also made some posts a few days ago talking about this particular issue, like this one:

It seems there are so many TVF members who have been taken as fools

My Thai wife and her friends where there and she says

Suthep never said any such thing

This will complete what I have been saying for 2 weeks now.

Thaksin wants Ko Tee silenced.

The Thaksin regime realized that they blundered when they allowed talk of secession echo from the UDD stages, and quickly moved to wallpaper over it when the army perked up over it.

But Ko Tee kept running his mouth off.

They arranged for the police to close his radio station before it even broadcast anything and arrested 4 of his mob outside the NACC the next day for the cache of weapons... But still that didn't quieten him down.

So it has come to the last solution.... Bang him up in prison.

The last thing they want is this loose cannon blowing their cover. He is a fly in their ointment for their master plan of civil war and separation of the state.

They will also see a bonus in this action to justify charges against the PDRC for the same on the pretense that they are cracking down on it (including their own)... But it won't wash....

While the courts will be more than happy to lock up Ko Tee, they will throw out the charges against the PDRC.

Now move forward from those two weeks ago and talk about what you said a few days ago:

Only a total dill brain would even hint at some truth in this bull****.

This was from his speech last night?

So how no other media is reporting what can only be described as one of the most sensational speeches to come from Suthep and a very long awaited one in which their next steps are clearly defined.

The media would have been all over this like a rash, and all we have is Khaosod..... again!

Absolutely untrue.

So tell me guys, what exactly was he retracting here? The things he never said? That's not what retracting means.

The posts in this thread are shocking, even when the truth is there like a freight train hitting you square in the head, you guys will still (try to) drum up excuses and bend it so that it wasn't you who was wrong, it's still everybody else. Khaosod this, khaosod that.

The fact that you people will defend the guy on this when all evidence is against you shows that you have travelled beyond the point of reason and sensible debate and have slipped completely into fanaticism.

Either that, or you guys just really, really, really hate being wrong!

• Like 1

They have made their mind up about what he said, and that is the Khaosod version which has actually been PROVED lies.

Where are the charges from the DSI and CAPO???.... If indeed he said what Khaosod reckons he said, then surely the arrest warrant would have been issued days ago.

I won't be answering red fools who stick to the Khaosod agenda any more.... let them prattle among themselves and ignore them all and they will go away once they realize nobody with any substance is listening to them.

All you have to do is copy, paste and google the quote binjalin wrote and you will find your article in the 'other' paper but I suppose that paper has a PTP agenda now too in your opinion! laugh.png

I have a feeling you won't be answering "red fools" about this anymore because you know full well how wrong you have been and it's you that has been proved to be so!

I won't hold my breath for a reply.

Suthep never really said that. That is why Suthep is going to sue Khaosod for puting words in his mouth. Even the army chief understand that Suthep was framed by the newspaper.

of course he never said that. its came from a cd he had swallowed clap2.gif

All you have to do is copy, paste and google the quote binjalin wrote and you will find your article in the 'other' paper but I suppose that paper has a PTP agenda now too in your opinion! laugh.png

I have a feeling you won't be answering "red fools" about this anymore because you know full well how wrong you have been and it's you that has been proved to be so!

Just for your information I did my search on the other papers website and did not find the exact wording as quoted by binji.

Blame my limited searching capabilities, poor eyesight and of course bias rolleyes.gif

"...it is the people who own such supreme power and he is just who will act on their behalf and on their consent." I am interested in knowing how he will obtain the people's consent and what checks and balances will be in place to ensure that Suthep acts on "the people's" behalf. He can say whatever he wants, but everyone knows that Suthep is only interested in acting on Suthep's behalf.

the other newspaper's site I do not find those sentences. I do find two articles with much more 'innocent' remarks, like

Just for your information I did my search on the other papers website and did not find the exact wording as quoted by binji.

Blame my limited searching capabilities, poor eyesight and of course bias rolleyes.gif

If you're interested, read the Thai PBS version (link below). He really went for it, trying for a big protest only to get a smallish one. No wonder he's massively backtracking now. He also messed up the 'neutral PM' deception, by announcing they would choose a PM and Suthep would sign off on it. So much for neutral. Quite shocking when you hear it said in Thai.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-says-pdrc-launch-offensive-next-week/