British fatality at Central Pattaya apartment

webfact

I think that when police decide it is easier to say suicide or accident they can close case quicker. But from picture tables glass seems to be intact. I think embassy should investigate you can't trust to get justice if a farang here. At least call the FBI in from American embassy to verify their conclusions. Cops here just lazy and stupid.

What you say is correct but you have a deep misunderstanding of the role of the police here.

They are not here to investigate cases of injustice or even to uphold the law. Rather, they exist as a mutual assistance organisation, enriching and protecting the powers-that-be, their senior officers, the lower ranks, their families and friends. Once you understand that, comprehension becomes easier.

If you want justice, you need your own mutual assistance organisation, be it an informal network, a golf club, a chamber of trade, whatever. The police will not go out of their way to help you, particularly if you are dead.

How, exactly, does a police officer help a dead person?

R.I.P....But 72 y/o...very old, nobody lives forever

72...very old. My best buddy sitting next to me is 77 and running strong. It's not the years that make you "old". Mental attitude, physical condition and lifestyle all play an important part in aging.

I agree that nobody lives forever. However, the good we do while living is remembered long after we depart.

Just my Two-Satangs worth.

Don't kid yourself. Average life for male in UK is 76....Thailand, much lower,

72 is very old !!!!!!!!!!!

The kidding is in the mind of the kid.

Defining old is in the business of the person who is old and not that an outsider who sees only the exterior body and not the inner soul.

Life expectancy and defining old are not my concern.

• Like 1

I think that when police decide it is easier to say suicide or accident they can close case quicker. But from picture tables glass seems to be intact. I think embassy should investigate you can't trust to get justice if a farang here. At least call the FBI in from American embassy to verify their conclusions. Cops here just lazy and stupid.

Glass is broken if u take a good look , it's 10mm grey glass , the edges are razor sharp when it breaks .

That's why I always use heath-strenghtened glass for interior purposes , its shockproof and heatproof .

And when it would break it crumbles into very small fractures .

Taking others inventories serves only to enhance ones self esteem. RIP is much more to me than the letters. It is the compassionate thought for the deceased and a prayer to my higher power for their eternal peace.

Those who elect to do so have my respect, as well as those that don't. Tolerance doesn't come easy to the self absorbed.

• Like 1

It's the job of the police to ascertain what happened, and whether it could have been a criminal act. Accident? Misadventure? Seem to be the most likely causes from the given scenario.

Whatever, a most unpleasant way to end one's life. Condolences to the family.

R.I.P....But 72 y/o...very old, nobody lives forever

72...very old. My best buddy sitting next to me is 77 and running strong. It's not the years that make you "old". Mental attitude, physical condition and lifestyle all play an important part in aging.

I agree that nobody lives forever. However, the good we do while living is remembered long after we depart.

Just my Two-Satangs worth.

Note to Self:

You are only as old as the girl that you feel!

The problem is that you might think it's ok for him to die at 72 , but if something happened to him, maybe it was a crime, will the police investigate his untimely death ? I don't think so and that's a shame. My dad lived until he was 93, and I expect to live as long as him if I can avoid cancer and shit like that

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

What is it with all these R.I.P. posts?

If this is some shortcut for Rest In Peace it's about as sincere as 'Have a nice day'

Have always wondered about this too.

Is it to make the poster feel good about himself, or show the world what "empathy" he has with this unknown stranger who has suffered an unfortunate demise.

"Dear man" "poor old man" ? You have no idea what type of man he was, just that he met his end in Thailand.

I'll bet you two are real fun at funerals.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Little Mary Sunshine. 72 is just a number. Is is not very old these days. He has probably worked very hard for 55 years of those 72. How old are you? How many years have you worked to entitle you to a retirement life in the Land of smiles?

If this is some shortcut for Rest In Peace it's about as sincere as 'Have a nice day'

Is it to make the poster feel good about himself, or show the world what "empathy" he has with this unknown stranger who has suffered an unfortunate demise.

"Dear man" "poor old man" ? You have no idea what type of man he was, just that he met his end in Thailand.

It's true the people writing "RIP" don't know the man, but this calls to mind these lines from a favorite poem by John Donne:

"Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee"

It's from the poem "No Man Is an Island"

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,

Every man is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thy friend's

Or of thine own were:

Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind,

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.

---John Donne

g

You're probably just thinking about this too much

This topic seems to have gone adrift from the original of some ones demise.To the topic of what is old age?

My answer if you are feeling old you can always get younger partner to feel young once again biggrin.png

Edited by fred007

These tables are lethal,it should be mandatory that the glass shatters to small peices like a car windscreen with any significant impact,as a previous post stated you can see the broken areas on the table,these would be like razors,anyone who likes a drink or ten should never have glass tables,in fact i cannot think of a more stupid and dangerous piece of furniture,i remeber a girl in the uk fell through one some years ago and just survived,BAN THEM.

What you say is correct but you have a deep misunderstanding of the role of the police here.

They are not here to investigate cases of injustice or even to uphold the law. Rather, they exist as a mutual assistance organisation, enriching and protecting the powers-that-be, their senior officers, the lower ranks, their families and friends. Once you understand that, comprehension becomes easier.

If you want justice, you need your own mutual assistance organisation, be it an informal network, a golf club, a chamber of trade, whatever. The police will not go out of their way to help you, particularly if you are dead.

By arresting and charging his or her murderer. thumbsup.gif

By arresting and charging his or her murderer. thumbsup.gif

But how does that help the dead person...if this is done, does the murdered person spring back to life? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

hahahaha, all the old geriatrics being offended...lol

The irony of your post is that you will be an "old geriatric" and may regret your words. That is, if you remember anything after laughing yourself into dementia. LOL.

Have to go. My diaper needs changing.