My lucky DAY AT iMMIGRATION

gennisis

It was 90 Day come round again,...at 3pm..Immigration outside had many many Burmese,office inside chock full of other foreigners.

Qued for my number...checked with the display...number called..... Total time at immigration 7 minutes.

• Like 1

Good news and well done! I renewed my 90 day a couple of weeks ago. I walked in at 11.45am, went to the counter for a number and within 10 minutes my number was called, my documentation examined and passport stamped and handed back in about 2 minutes. Last week I renewed my Non Imm "O" retirement visa, and same story walked in at 10.00am received number, waited about an hour, number called, sat in front of friendly (woman) immigration officer who checked documentation, collected fee of 1900 baht. Was told to sit down and wait for return of passport which duly arrived after approximately 25 minutes. Total time about 2 hours for good, friendly, efficient service. I should add that all of my paperwork, accompanying documents, photographs, bank letters etc were completed and ready to go.

Edited by JLT
  • Like 1

I'm preparing to do my first 90 day check in with my 1 year multiple entry O-A. I arrived on 3 February. My stamps says 2 February 2015. A couple of questions...what is the earliest date I can go check in? On my arrival card, I put I was staying at a hotel in CNX, which I was, but I am now residing in the condo I bought. I don't have a yellow book. Can I show them my monthly bill from the condo, the Chinot, or my 3bb bill, or just state where I am living?

ANd how many copies and of what do I need.

I'm preparing to do my first 90 day check in with my 1 year multiple entry O-A. I arrived on 3 February. My stamps says 2 February 2015. A couple of questions...what is the earliest date I can go check in? On my arrival card, I put I was staying at a hotel in CNX, which I was, but I am now residing in the condo I bought. I don't have a yellow book. Can I show them my monthly bill from the condo, the Chinot, or my 3bb bill, or just state where I am living?

Darned if I know. I have never been asked for proof of residency. I doubt they bother to check. It would take a computer which they do not have at that window. That being said I did hear once where some one was asked. took mine in with me the last time and was not asked.

When you go for your permission to stay one more year have the documents.

Hi, you can apply up to 15 days before and 7 days after your "official" reporting date.

You must complete the form TM47 "Form For Alien To Notify of Staying For Longer Than 90 Days". (These are freely available from Chiang Mai Immigration Office)

If you want to make your own copies these are the required pages:

• Passport page with photo
  • Date of Arrival (Last Entry Stamp)
  • Permit to Stay Up Until (Last Visa Stamp or Extension)
  • TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)
  • Last receipt of Notification (Original)

There is a very efficient photocopying service inside the Immigration Centre, for around 30/40 baht they will vopy the necessary pages in your passport. Just walk in and ask one of the girls for "90 day reporting, passport photocopies". When the photocopies are returned to you remember to countersign every page.

I've been here for a few years now and have never had to produce proof of residency for 90 days reporting. Just put your current address on the TM47

You can take a chance and go to Immigration at any time of day and see if you can get lucky and be seen quickly. Or like many others, you can pitch up at around 07.00hrs and join the queue. Sometime between 08.00 and 08.30, you get handed a numbered ticket which (when you are inside the office) will be exchanged for another ticket. When this number is called you present yourself at the appropriate window (usually #6) and hand over your documents and passport. If everything's in order they'll stamp your passport with your new 90 day reporting date and hand it back to you.

I hope this helps,

Good luck,

JL-T

PS: This hyperlink will enable you download a PDF version of the TM47 - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/