Nabbed By Immigration!

A good Australian friend of mine was recently on the second week of his new job selling ad space for a well known magazine here in B :o angkok. Ten members from immigration apparently stormed their office last week and threw them all into a van bound for the immigration dept.

Now as the story goes a handsome fine was allegedly paid and the lads were let go after several hours - the arrests were made allegedly because no one had work permits.

My questions are these:

1. Assuming that a large number of english teachers in Bangkok are working without work permits, what is the immigration departments view toward this, ie is a blind eye turned to English teachers?

2. Does anyone actually know of an english teacher in Bangkok who has been deported for working without a work permit?

Does anyone actually know of an english teacher in Bangkok who has been deported for working without a work permit?
Yes
Assuming that a large number of english teachers in Bangkok are working without work permits, what is the immigration departments view toward this, ie is a blind eye turned to English teachers?

If they know about it, they will go after them. It runs in cycles, when they are looking. Just like the moon or birds flying South.

www.sunbeltasia.com

A good Australian friend of mine was recently on the second week of his new job selling ad space for a well known magazine here in B :o angkok. Ten members from immigration apparently stormed their office last week and threw them all into a van bound for the immigration dept.

Now as the story goes a handsome fine was allegedly paid and the lads were let go after several hours - the arrests were made allegedly because no one had work permits.

My questions are these:

1. Assuming that a large number of english teachers in Bangkok are working without work permits, what is the immigration departments view toward this, ie is a blind eye turned to English teachers?

2. Does anyone actually know of an english teacher in Bangkok who has been deported for working without a work permit?

Over the years many many teachers have been deported. Your Aussie mate is so very lucky that he wasn't deported. I suggest you warn him against trying to work illegally again.