Anyone been to Lad Prao Immigration?

I'm off to Lad Prao immigration soon to get a 30 day extension for my tourist visa (TM7 form).

I think I need to bring photocopies of my passport main page, the visa and the TM6 departure/arrival card, plus a photo and 1900 baht.

Do they have photocopies at the Lad Prao centre or should I get them done before hand?

Also, it says they open at 10.30 am but what time would be best to get there for an early exit?

I take it they don't have the same amount of desks and fast service that you get at Chaeng Wattana?

Any good food or shops nearby or things to do?

Any tips much appreciated!

Thanks

The place is very busy, there are also the workers from Lao and Myanmar to contend with, the staff seem to be overwhelmed but they do their best.

They start work at about 10.30 but by that time there are already massive queues, I got there at 09.00, as soon as the place opened, and by the time they started work the queue was snaking around the room, I had to stand in line in a non air conditioned room until the staff started work.

Yes there are photocopying facilitates there.

The office is in a shopping mall, so there is everything from Supermarkets to any sort of food that takes your fancy.

I'm hoping against hope that Chaengwattana opens soon as I have to renew my extension of stay shortly, not holding out much hope though.

Many queues snaking around, make very sure you are in the correct one. Just before entering the glassed in waiting area, go to the right and at the far end is a sort of information desk where you will get a queue number. Look for small, handmade signs on the wall to find the appropriate person.

Immigration is on the 5th floor and there is no direct route. The escalators do not connect successivly; you will have to do some wandering around. Don't bother using the elevators, painfuly slow, overcrowded and erratic.

It can be overwhelmingly crowded. Just keep inner calm and you will get your task done; it will just take time and patience.

I wernt to Major Hollywood yesterday for Retirement visa, Re-entry, 90 day reporting. I left home (Chong Nonsi) at 9.30am (for the 10.30 start) and was back home by 12.30pm - all complete.

They are open before 10.30am. They have a very good pre-checking procedure which is carried out before you are given a number so anyone without the proper documentation doesn't clog up the works.

The busiest part was re-entry visas as obviously a lot of foreign workers were wanting to return home for Songkran.

i have nothing but praise and only wish Chang Watanna worked in a similar and efficent way.

Yes, I have for 90 days reporting.

On a Thursday evening, I went through the main door of the immigration office at 6.22 pm and exited at 6.30 pm successfully completed a 90 days reporting procedure.

Today, Friday is 11th April. Tomorrow the office is closed as it is Saturday and the offices will not reopen until 17th April. Hope you have enough time. Best bet is Major Cineplex Suksawad Rd Rat Burana. However, Suthep did say that Government Offices could reopen from Tuesday of this week so keep checking the web site.

Edited by Estrada

I feel very sorry for the immigration staff who have to work in that hell-hole every day. Show patience, it's not their fault they're working in such conditions and doing the best they can in the circumstances.

At Lad prao, you queue up in long lines which snake around. Count on at least 45 minutes to get your ticket number. Then you go into another room adjoining and wait for your number to be called. Left at 10am from Silom area and was home at 2pm. Waste of a day if you ask me, but that's another issue. Do Thais in my home country have to report every 90 days?

It's still a make-shift set up, but it could be worse. It's on the 5th floor of an out-dated shopping mall with a Big C on the ground floor.

I am amazed how many people actually report to Immigration to do 90 day reporting when the mail in process is very easily done. If people doing 90 day reporting (only) did not go there then the congestion and time spent at Immigration for others would probably be noticeably less.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I decided to go to Major Hollywood in the end as Lat Prao didn't seem that enticing.

I went after lunch and it was fairly quiet and people were getting seen pretty quickly.

Bit of a dump but service was pretty good so can't complain.

I posted a bit more info in this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696226-immigration-services-at-cheang-wattana-now-suspended/?p=7678027

Thanks for the help.

I went to Imperial World Ladprao yesterday to extend my tourist visa. You need a photocopy of the photo page of your passport, the visa page and your departure card. They have a photocopier there and charge 3 baht per copy. You also need a passport photo and 1900 baht. The office is on the 5th floor. I'm not sure about opening hours but there were signs up saying that they are closed for lunch between 1pm-2pm. I got there at 2.30pm and the whole process took almost 3 hours. As theoldgit says there are plenty of food options around. Hope that helps.

I am amazed how many people actually report to Immigration to do 90 day reporting when the mail in process is very easily done. If people doing 90 day reporting (only) did not go there then the congestion and time spent at Immigration for others would probably be noticeably less.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ladprao was a nightmare for me on Tuesday when I did my 90-day report. It took 4 hours all up, including just over an hour standing in a line for the ticket number (The lunch break was most of that period. FYI the lunch break is not 12 - 1 like most government offices, for some reason it is 1 - 2 p.m.)

There is nothing clearly marked as to where you can pick up the application forms, or exactly where to queue at first. The main enclosed room shows several counters stating 90-day reporting, tourist visa extension etc. it seems like they are where you need to go initially but as posted above, you actually need to go to the right and approach someone at the first few desks to give you a form. Then you need to join a horrible single-file line that snakes around and expands into 2-3 in front of the relevant desk.

I will certainly be mailing it in next time if it still going to be at that location! On that note though, where do you send it now? I guess sending it to Chaengwattana is off-limits so presumably you need to address it to the Imperial World location? Does anyone have any confirmation on that front? the Immigration website still shows the Chaengwattana address under their 90-day reporting instructions...