Bangkok's Chaeng Wattana protest site rocked by bombs

webfact

Now can someone tell me , i don't seem to understand ,the red shirts support the government ,YES , the are poor farmers ,Yes ,they Grow ,RICE yes ,they give it to the government, they don't get paid ,WHY DO THEY Support THE GOVERNMENT ,there leaders ,drive around top end cars ,have jets ,live in nice houses ,why do they do IT ?

Because the opposition & their backers have been screwing them for a thousand years

At least they were paid the money owed to them for their rice and weren't reduced to committing suicide out of desperation.

This government has screwed them to the rafters and stolen their money - before the election the poorest farmers were asked if they had benefitted from Abhisit's rice scheme, the answer was a big fat YES!!! Ask them the same question now and see what their response is!!!

In the nullified election, all of the millions of NO votes were ex-PTP votes (whereby they couldn't quite vote for the Democrats, YET). When the 'fair and free' general election does come I think there will be more than a few worried prospective PTP candidates!!

Saturday:

Chaengwattana protest site rocked by repeated gunfire.

We have a pretty steady rain of bombs and shootouts but on Saturday very loud gunfire erupted several times.

I went out to look and saw that unarmed guards were target practicing at the makeshift guardhouse in front of the Shell station in between the two rising spans of the flyover near the government complex. They were shooting from just inside the guard tent towards a short sandbag wall in direct line with the protest site's stage further down the road towards Laksi. Any bullet that past above the sandbags would directly target the stage.

At one point, someone emerged from the tent and emptied a full clip from his handgun as he walked towards the sandbags in a move that would make Clint Eastwood proud.

Three times I mentioned to a Thai person that it was the guards practicing (feuk). Each one told me no, they are teaching (sawn), presumably getting ready for the 18.

Edited by rabas