Send Fax Using Mobile Phone And Computer

uk_falang

I have scanner, and a bluetooth phone.

How can i send a fax using my mobile and computer. Is this possible?

Does your scanner have Bluetooth, too?

Are you saying that you want to scan something, then fax it from your mobile phone?

Is your mobile phone configured to send email?

Does your computer have Bluetooth?

About faxing from a computer: how experienced are you at using a computer? Does the term “fax software” mean anything to you?

---------------

Maestro

I have scanner, and a bluetooth phone.

How can i send a fax using my mobile and computer. Is this possible?

Does your scanner have Bluetooth, too?

Are you saying that you want to scan something, then fax it from your mobile phone?

Is your mobile phone configured to send email?

Does your computer have Bluetooth?

About faxing from a computer: how experienced are you at using a computer? Does the term “fax software” mean anything to you?

---------------

Maestro

I guess you won't be done until you've slapped him :o

• 1 year later...

But with a scanner, a computer and the internet why the need to use a mobile ?

Not sure if these e-fax things are free nowadays as haven't used on in years. Have a scanner but just email the results. I don't know anyone who doesn't have email. I now know loads of people who no longer have fax machines, myself included.

But with a scanner, a computer and the internet why the need to use a mobile ?

Not sure if these e-fax things are free nowadays as haven't used on in years. Have a scanner but just email the results. I don't know anyone who doesn't have email. I now know loads of people who no longer have fax machines, myself included.

Sadly, the great majority of people do not treat email with the same urgency or importance as a fax. I do act on email quickly myself - but rarely do I ever see someone reciprocate.

Often, contracts will only be accepted in fax form. And while the OP has surely sorted himself out in the months since his original post, if he owns (or owned) a Mac, it's automatically configured to send faxes as long as it's connected to a landline. :o

XP also has FAX capability built into it and straightforward to setup. But not very fancy so I use WinFax PRO. As long as your mobile phone has data modem capability then you should be able to configure the Fax software to use it. I can send Faxes via my SE k790i attached via USB, have not tried to do it with bluetooth but should also work as long as your bluetooth dongle has data profiles in it.

• 1 year later...
XP also has FAX capability built into it and straightforward to setup. But not very fancy so I use WinFax PRO. As long as your mobile phone has data modem capability then you should be able to configure the Fax software to use it. I can send Faxes via my SE k790i attached via USB, have not tried to do it with bluetooth but should also work as long as your bluetooth dongle has data profiles in it.

I really appreciate the info guys. It's all I needed to know for now.