Bike Lift

seedy

Prefer to go to a good service with lifts. Bc it is not ending with thr lift. If you buy this you need a large space anf also lots of tools lets say like a small mechanic shop. All possibly cost you 3 times more than 45 k thb.

So unless you do business or a fanatic mech of your bikes, this kind of investment is not reasonable for me.

100.000 km - 4 years - of service of a honda big bike is costing 30 - 40 k thb.

Lift looks perfect though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

^

It's not about the cost, but rather it's about the convenience- I've got a Bursig stand, but I really like this Abba lift (which, as Garry noted, is based on the Bursig).

Like any great tool or mechanical aid, if you buy something really high-quality to start with, the 'pain' of the initial expense fades, and you're just happy you have it.;)

• Like 1

Prefer to go to a good service with lifts. Bc it is not ending with thr lift. If you buy this you need a large space anf also lots of tools lets say like a small mechanic shop. All possibly cost you 3 times more than 45 k thb.

So unless you do business or a fanatic mech of your bikes, this kind of investment is not reasonable for me.

Its to expensive for me but anyone that uses their big bike regulary should have a stand to do basic safety maintenance

You forget that there are many people having lots of fun doing things with their own hands. For many people this is part of the bike fascination, not only owning a bike and doing some riding. To buy a Honda and let BigWing servicing it is like putting some instant meal into the micro wave instead of cooking yourself (meal = bike, eating = riding) thumbsup.gif )

I just cleaned and waxed my chain- having a Bursig stand makes the job so easy- the rear is up 5cm and the front 3cm (both adjustable)- I'd love to be able to lift it higher, though- I'm going to look for a real lift later in the year, but this works well in the meantime.

Luxury;)

post-176811-0-80946300-1397287358_thumb.

post-176811-0-51026200-1397287387_thumb.

• Like 2

How much are local pneumatic lifts they are good for about 500 Kgs?

Just sent an email this morning. Italian brand sold in BKK. Electric over hydraulic. With side table extensions.

Will post the price when received - if I don't keel over dead when reading it !!

• Like 1

That pic is before I hit it with the detailer wax- when it's too not in the afternoon to enjoy a ride, cleaning/maintaining the bike buys me a peaceful hour in the garage with some good tunes cranked, so it always looks pretty good.;)

That is the reason I wash my bike myself, get a chance to check it over.

Also do walk around before each ride, and a good look around weekly.

Find it very enjoyable, and have found many things over the years which were a minor problem to fix - but a big problem if left too long.

Nice bike by the way !

You forget that there are many people having lots of fun doing things with their own hands. For many people this is part of the bike fascination, not only owning a bike and doing some riding. To buy a Honda and let BigWing servicing it is like putting some instant meal into the micro wave instead of cooking yourself (meal = bike, eating = riding) thumbsup.gif )

And let's not forget all the horror stories posted here about dealer and non dealer service.

KSR is one recent one - not a good state of affairs.

Its to expensive for me but anyone that uses their big bike regulary should have a stand to do basic safety maintenance

I have a 1800 thb stand and it is enough for basic maintenance.

I dont have time to do more than this therefore dont need an expensive lift.

If you love to do everything on the bike by yourself and does not receive a good service around, then getting a lift is the best option but not for everyone.