Russian organized crime figure arrested on Samui deported back to Russia

Russian citizen Yuriy Semyonov has been deported from Thailand accompanied by officers from the Russian Interpol Bureau according to the consular department of Russian Embassy in Thailand. He was taken back to Russian on Wednesday accused of drug-related crimes.

Semyonov was detained by local law enforcement agencies in Samui last March at Russian request in co-operation with the Russian Embassy.

http://www.samuitimes.com/russian-organized-crime-figure-arrested-samui-deported-back-russia/

Edited by Rooo

He looks too small to be an organised crime man

He would never have passed the vetting process or pass the physical to get into the mafia

Unless he had contacts on the inside that helped him pass the mafia test

Oh well my he has been sent back to Russia for more mafia training in a Russian jail

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Exactly, he never passed "the mafia test". That's why he got caught and deported.

All part of the training

Maybe some mafia punishment

John Gotti had to do time for somone else as part of a punishment

If you don't know who john Gotti is then I can give you an Italian American history of the mafia but I might dribble on for some time

One has to wonder how many other nationals were also deported...? .... Seems like very selective, unimportant news.... coffee1.gif

an attempt it seems to me for a bit more Russian bashing going on here.... sad.pngfacepalm.gif

If it weren't for Russians, Samui and other places around Thailand, it would be pretty quiet.... and so would many businesses they support....

Why not lead off with this?

http://www.samuitimes.com/samui-times-starts-search-samuis-cleanest-toilet/

or that Samui Rotary Club, had to cancel the golf tournament... due to lack of response and interest rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

One has to wonder how many other nationals were also deported...? .... Seems like very selective, unimportant news.... coffee1.gif

an attempt it seems to me for a bit more Russian bashing going on here.... sad.pngfacepalm.gif

If it weren't for Russians, Samui and other places around Thailand, it would be pretty quiet.... and so would many businesses they support....

Why not lead off with this?

http://www.samuitimes.com/samui-times-starts-search-samuis-cleanest-toilet/

or that Samui Rotary Club, had to cancel the golf tournament... due to lack of response and interest rolleyes.gif

I feel sorry for the poor guy who has to go out and judge the entrants in the cleanest toilet competition :)

• Like 1

It's just a bit of news Jim.

There are a good few Russians heading back home these days since the Ruble has dropped 20% in the last month or so. Was in town (Lamai) today with a couple of friends from Iran and they were really getting into the swing of things! Couple of dozen Russian couple pushing prams and virtually all were going nuts because people were throwing water about. I really don't care where someone is from, the colour of their skin or sexual orientation.. I only care if someone has a good heart. I've known for a long time that your average Thai small business owner does not like Russians because they never spread money around but rather sit at home after buying drink and food from Tesco or 7-11. I'm not say that that is justified but that is certainly what they think. Today I saw another side and it was not nice mate. Maybe because it was the 12th rather than the 13th?

It's just a bit of news Jim.

There are a good few Russians heading back home these days since the Ruble has dropped 20% in the last month or so. Was in town (Lamai) today with a couple of friends from Iran and they were really getting into the swing of things! Couple of dozen Russian couple pushing prams and virtually all were going nuts because people were throwing water about. I really don't care where someone is from, the colour of their skin or sexual orientation.. I only care if someone has a good heart. I've known for a long time that your average Thai small business owner does not like Russians because they never spread money around but rather sit at home after buying drink and food from Tesco or 7-11. I'm not say that that is justified but that is certainly what they think. Today I saw another side and it was not nice mate. Maybe because it was the 12th rather than the 13th?

Yes, I know it's just a bit of news, but the OP of that, continually provides us with negative links, it seems every month... never any positive stuff... that was really my point... facepalm.gif It must be a pretty boring life to go through usually Brit news papers, or in this case, the Samui Times, and dig out the "dirt" ... and post it here....bah.gif .... I really don't see the point, same stuff happens in every country if anyone watches world news! blink.png

I think that the buying at Tesco etc, is something we all do, who live here... Some of the local small shops and markets (Not all, for sure) bring it on them selves with their double pricing.... So it's not just the Russians who tend to avoid these stores, I am sure many of us do... and even Thai's I have heard sometimes get the same treatment .... if they look rich!

As for the water throwing, I've not seen any yet, even in Lamai yesterday morning, but then, I did not hit the bar areas, where it is more likely to happen! wink.png

Going to go find my water gun now.... or maybe just my camera! tongue.png

• Like 1

Exactly, he never passed "the mafia test". That's why he got caught and deported.

Because they all grass each other up in the Mafia, reality isn't anything like Sopranos or godfather, most are spineless two faced grasses

There are a few old school die hard gangsters about but now days someone sells a bit of puff to his mates he is classed as mafia

The term mafia here gets used to easily

Back in the old days mafia heads were like an alternative police force who one could turn to to sort out local problems

Bit like he poo Yai Baan

But when drugs came on the scene they killed this old school world off now more man for themselves

I hate drugs as they have reuined the criminal world and normal society