The Price Of Archa

Khun F*t G*t found a shop this week selling Archa beer for Bht 250.00. Three weeks ago, albeit from a different shop, I bought it for Bht 385.00. Has anyone any idea of the reason for the reduction. Not that I'm complaining.

By the way, the production date was 29:05:06.

Edited by jayenram

:D Because it is poo? :o

Ummm.. no... it's beer.... :D

totster :D

tastewise it is closer to poo...

And your preferred beer is?

Please don't say "Cheers". :D

I feel nauseas just thinking about that stuff.. :D

:D Because it is poo? :o

Ummm.. no... it's beer.... :D

tastewise it is closer to poo...

And your preferred beer is?

Please don't say "Cheers". :D

I feel nauseas just thinking about that stuff.. :D

Born and raised in Germany I must admit that I am a bit spoiled...however my favourite German booze has just arrived....Bitburger!

I can't drink Chang or Archa either. Bad head and belly the next day. :D

I prefer the Chang soda and water. I have had a few bottles of Sang Som too. :D

Rely on 5 (Internet tv5) :D

ประจำวันที่ Tuesday 22 November 2005-12:00:00 AM

หัวข้อข่าว : Thai Beverage spending Bt7 bn to boost production

รายละเอียด : Published on November 22, 2005 Thai Beverage Plc, owner of Chang Beer, is investing Bt7.25 billion to double the production capacity of its 1,900-rai brewery in Kamphaeng Phet. After completing the expansion in September next year, the Kamphaeng Phet plant will increase its production capacity of Chang Beer and Archa Beer from a current 440 million litres per annum to more than 900 million litres, according to Dr Pisanu Vichiensanth, Thai Beverage director and senior vice president. He said the brewery would also increase its employment roll from 500 to 750. Owned by whisky tycoon Charoen Siriwattanapakdi, Thai Beverage set up its third brewery at a cost of Bt8.2 billion in Kamphaeng Phet in 2000 to support its existing plants in Bang Ban and Wang Noi, which had reached 100-per-cent utilisation. The company aims to be listed on the stock market but as yet has not because of opposition from certain consumer groups. “We will reorganise our logistics by increasing domestic territories to be taken care by our Kamphaeng Phet factory after the expansion, while changing the role of our breweries at Wang Noi and Bangban in Ayutthaya to focus on exports,” said Pisanu. The Wang Noi brewery was set up in 1992, the Bangban plant in 1994. He said that the Wang Noi and Bangban breweries now had a production capacity of 120 million litres and 530 million litres per annum respectively, with both running at 91-per-cent capacity. “We have faced a limitation by the government’s policy to preserve supplies of artisan water in the central provinces, including Bangkok and Ayutthaya,” said Pisanu. He added that the Kamphaeng Phet brewery would enjoy plenty of artisan water supplies for the next 100 years as it is located close to the Ping River. Pisanu said that the Kamphaeng Phet brewery, responsible for the supply and distribution of Chang and Archa Beer to the northern and northeastern parts of the country, would increase its market territories in the central region. The Bangban and Wang Noi breweries will increase exports, in addition to covering domestic territories in the eastern and southern parts of the country. Pisanu added that Thai Beverage was considering setting up a fourth brewery in Ayutthaya, or a nearby area. The new brewery, which will be located near the river for convenience and a plentiful supply of water, will support the Bangban and Wang Noi plants in supplying beer to growing domestic demand in eastern and southern Thailand as well as some export markets. Thai Beverage has recently set up a subsidiary named International Beverages Co Ltd in Hong Kong to handle the search for new export markets for its beer and other alcoholic beverages. The company currently exports Chang Beer to 18 markets in the Asia Pacific and Europe. Pisanu said that the expansion of the Kamphaeng Phet brewery would help the company to supply more fresh beer to its customers by minimising the inventory period in its warehouses to no longer than 10 days, and no longer than six months on retail shelves. He said that the expansion of its Kamphaeng Phet plant would also supply increasing domestic demand in the future. “Thai consumers currently consume 26 litres of beer per annum on average, up from only five litres about 10 years ago,” said Pisanu. Pisanu said that Thai Beverage was now the second-largest brewer in Asia after Tsingtao of China, which operates 44 breweries. The group, which owns 63 production, distribution and marketing subsidiaries, produces alcoholic beverages including beer and Thai whisky from up- to downstream. It pays nearly Bt30 billion in taxes per annum. Kwanchai Rungfapaisarn The Nation

Internet tv5

:D:o:D

ThaiBev hasn't replied back. Guess after the celebrations. Nothing listed on their promotion page.

Anyway, I see that RTAF PX carries Archa at Baht 14 /can and then they offer case discounts. Cheap beer , but I can't drink it. Very sad indeed.

Wish we had better selection of beers. :o

If the beer quality doesn't improve , I may have to change to Black & so. :D

...but I can't drink it. Very sad indeed.

Why can't you drink it..?

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Bad chemistry I guess. Chang, Archa, Leo and Singha all the same after the buzz with headache and bad belly.

:D

I must admit that Singha really does give me a bad head... but I don't like it much so I rarely drink it, the others affect me no differently than other beers.. :o

totster tcwozereeng.gif

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Bad chemistry I guess. Chang, Archa, Leo and Singha all the same after the buzz with headache and bad belly.

I must admit that Singha really does give me a bad head... but I don't like it much so I rarely drink it, the others affect me no differently than other beers.. :o

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Most of my friends drink mass quantities of these beers , no problems. :D

Found that I can drink Heineken, Tiger and some other new tap beers. Just can't deal with hangovers from those other beers like before. :D

What's wrong with Chang? :o

There's nowt wrong with *Chang* as Thai beers go. It's just that in drinking Archa, I can stay vertical for an extra hour or so per day. Archa is effectively "weak" *Chang* anyway.

totster tcwozereeng.gif

I know it's terrible. Last time I drank two cases of *Chang* in a day I had a bad head as well. :o

What's wrong with Chang? :D

There's nowt wrong with *Chang* as Thai beers go. It's just that in drinking Archa, I can stay vertical for an extra hour or so per day. Archa is effectively "weak" *Chang* anyway.

So he now gets 2 hours of sleep a day, economical. :o