Phone Scams?

penzman

Is there some sort of phone scam where people can suck your credits dry? I just loaded with 300 baht AIS and my wife had them change to one of their promotion/cheaper plans and after a week , I hardly ever use my phone, my credits seem to be gone again. A Thai message seems to be saying now that my credits are almost expired... :o

A 300 baht card used to last me a month or two and now it only lasts about a week.

Check subscriptions...

I had on mine one subscription where it played a song to the caller instead of the ring tone, bt30 per month, it keeps coming back even though it's been cancelled! :o

I suspect there could be others such as monthly ringtone subs, and other similar "promotions/gimmicks"

totster :D

Is there some sort of phone scam where people can suck your credits dry? I just loaded with 300 baht AIS and my wife had them change to one of their promotion/cheaper plans and after a week , I hardly ever use my phone, my credits seem to be gone again. A Thai message seems to be saying now that my credits are almost expired... :o

A 300 baht card used to last me a month or two and now it only lasts about a week.

Maybe your wife took the promotion similar to Happy Buffet(ais has something like that too). Costs almost 300 THB/month and you phone for free from 5 am to 5 pm (that from Dtac) . So if you phone outside this time it will charge you .

rcm :D

A Thai message seems to be saying now that my credits are almost expired... :o

Sorry to nitpick. To me expired means the time has run out................

not the units used up.

Check on the web for the promotions and read the small print.