Is there a way to scare Thais away during Songkran ?

balo

and every year from oct- mid nov in my country the damn locals run around letting off fireworks all day and night because of some bloke with a beard from way back.

and every year at the end of oct in the usa the damn locals run around dressed as ghosts and bang on my door and throw eggs

and every year at the end of feb in brazil the damn locals run around dressed in feathers dancing all night playing loud music

and every year..........oh? im running out of world to hide in........

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes...

When I read topics like this,

I have only one question.

Why the hell are you here?

If this is such a burden, I can very much imagine all your other annoyances.

How many times people complain about thai people here...

Do you -self important imperialistic western dorks- even realisf it is THEIR country and not yours?

So, shut up and adapt to the way of life.

You don't like it, go back to where you came from.

Sometimes I read b0llox like this and have only one question..........

Why are you here ? Another ridiculous comment from a self-important uneducated moronic ridiculous person.

Lol, yeah, I came to thailand to complain about stuff that's part of life here.

there's annoyances, yes, same as anywhere else in the world,

but to start a frikkin' topic here "how to scare thai people" is completely retarded.

If you don't have the mental capacity to figure out to:

a. stay inside during these days (the dates are well known in advance to prepare for it)

b. go for a holiday in Mohave desert where you don't need "to be afraid to get wet"

c. cut the crap and celebrate with everybody else instead of being the misery guts, life isn't that bad.

Edited by DannyApneaMartens
  • Like 1

and every year from oct- mid nov in my country the damn locals run around letting off fireworks all day and night because of some bloke with a beard from way back.

and every year at the end of oct in the usa the damn locals run around dressed as ghosts and bang on my door and throw eggs

and every year at the end of feb in brazil the damn locals run around dressed in feathers dancing all night playing loud music

and every year..........oh? im running out of world to hide in........

Ahahahahahaha, good one :)

• Like 1

Great , thanks for all the expert advice in here, I knew I could trust thaivisa. I decided to dress up like an important business man late for a meeting , I will gain some respect and they will not try to harm me in any way.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great , thanks for all the expert advice in here, I knew I could trust thaivisa. I decided to dress up like an important business man late for a meeting , I will gain some respect and they will not try to harm me in any way.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

clap2.gifclap2.gif GOOD LUCK clap2.gifclap2.gif

I've had some luck in the last few days by pretending I'm sick. Hold your forehead, wave the offending water-warriors away and with a sad, sickly voice, say "Mai sabai, mai sabai". It's worked for me 3 times in the last 3 days...

bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif Shameless...dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sometimes...
When I read topics like this,
I have only one question.

Why the hell are you here?
If this is such a burden, I can very much imagine all your other annoyances.

How many times people complain about thai people here...
Do you -self important imperialistic western dorks- even realisf it is THEIR country and not yours?
So, shut up and adapt to the way of life.
You don't like it, go back to where you came from.

Sometimes I read b0llox like this and have only one question..........

Why are you here ? Another ridiculous comment from a self-important uneducated moronic ridiculous person.

You know why some people have a tendency to write comments like this? "You don't like it, go back to where you came from."

I know, at least I think I know and it's because they run out of arguments and also truly believes they have been assimilated into a culture/country.

Some western people are very proud of being "one of the people" and they have to express and confirm their feeling of belonging.

I realised myself very early that no farrangs will ever be assimilated or accepted 100% by the Thai people or the Thai system, we can be endured or accepted to a certain degree, but we better shut up and not make any bad comments about Thailand, except when we write something nice and cozy.

If you do write or say something nice about Thailand, most Thais beats their chest and exclaim in unison, Thailand is the best country in the world and the Thai people are the best people in the world.

It's nothing strange or peculiar, we all do it when our own culture/country is the topic in a positive light.

Long live Sweden (oops, I have moved away from Sweden because I won't and can't take the high taxes, the stupid laws posed upon us, the bloody unpredictable weather, the rat race and whatnot. Apart from that, I love Sweden and Swedish women)

Just tell them.....you wet me I'll bring my 20 friends to beat you up.

That's what they do.thumbsup.gif

That actually happened today- Thai girl soaked a farang who didn't want it, he came back later with some friends and assaulted her and she's now getting treatment in hospital.

I'm in the 'if you don't like it, stay away from it' camp. And I don't like it, so I stay away from it.

Assaulted a Thai girl and put her in hospital for throwing water. What f***ing planet are these people from.

Russia?

I actually have a suggestion for people living in Phuket wanting to do something else than being couped up in their home for a day or two.

If you don't like to get splashed every 30 seconds, next Songkran, go to cape Panwa, a lot of muslims there and most don't seem to celebrate with splashing water.

Me and my wife rode up on motorbike there 2 years ago in the early morning (around 8.30).

Went to the aquarium and stayed for a couple of hours, goind back home, we made it all the way to Phuket town south before getting splashed.

:) he he, we used our raincoats and had visir on the helmets, drove almost in the middle, so we actually made it home without being soaked.

You are living in Thailand, this is what happens at Songkran. It happens every year so get used to it. You could try using some common sense and stay away from these places, stay at home or go back to yourown country and winge there.

Actually in the past, about 20 years ago it was nowhere near as crazy as it is now. You could actually go out and do your shopping without fear of getting drenched.

I know this subject has run it course, but I'm glad Songkran is over. I live in the old city of Chiang Mai. It's surrounded by a canal, where the splashing is at its height and most the water comes from. The city declared the canal polluted before Songkran. I don't care where I am in the world, I take care of my health and don't want to be drenched with polluted water. So I stayed home. Thailand is my home and I don't choose to live anywhere else, but it is the big difference from western cities, which would have moved the festival away from a polluted water source. Then again, most people don't care, until they get sick and wonder why.

Gonsalviz, on 14 Apr 2014 - 22:08, said:

You could go back to your home country.

Oh dear, it didn't take long for this stupid comment to come up....certainly a sign of a non-thinker. To the OP, unless you can scare a whole nation/village/soi etc, then there is no way, but you could go on a short holiday over the nearest border, or stock up on "your" essentials, notice I only said yours, not the whole families, and hibernate for the duration.

You could go back to your home country.

Or perhaps Thais could show an ounce of decency towards visitors instead of assaulting them -- just a thought.

It is their holiday. You could refrain from coming here at that time. In my opinion the farang are the worst anyhow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...