Thai Airways jet makes emergency landing in Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

They should be pushing out the older 737-4's. Be interesting to see where they are transferred to/sold.

South America........ It is interesting the Boeing keeps close track on these old

out of service life planes that are in South America. As the planes are basically

flown until something fails, it provides a good testing ground for Boeing. But not

so good for the passengers there.........

My mum is scared of flying. I told her dont be scared of flying be scared of crashing. Shes happy now.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My mother-in-law flew everywhere she went, very clean -she took her broom with her.giggle.gif

• Like 1

Another airhead here (CPLetc.) It is the. Captains call. Handling pilot would call for checklist. The aircraft ain't going to drop out of the sky with a suspected gear malfunction. They were fuelled up, no immediate threat to life, cargo or airframe. After immediate checklist actions and referral (possibly) to POH (Pilot Operating Handbook) and conference between both pilots, and poss. Chf Engineer on the ground, the Captain would have made the call to make a precautionary landing at the take off alternate, fuel

dumped. He most likely would have declared a PAN rather than Mayday, and taken control from the FO (First Officer) if he was the handling Pilot. Training clicks in very rapidly, raised heart rates in cockpit, ground facilities long alerted. Job done.

Another airhead here (CPLetc.) It is the. Captains call. Handling pilot would call for checklist. The aircraft ain't going to drop out of the sky with a suspected gear malfunction. They were fuelled up, no immediate threat to life, cargo or airframe. After immediate checklist actions and referral (possibly) to POH (Pilot Operating Handbook) and conference between both pilots, and poss. Chf Engineer on the ground, the Captain would have made the call to make a precautionary landing at the take off alternate, fuel

dumped. He most likely would have declared a PAN rather than Mayday, and taken control from the FO (First Officer) if he was the handling Pilot. Training clicks in very rapidly, raised heart rates in cockpit, ground facilities long alerted. Job done.

There you go folks, from an experienced person. End of

Never understand why a lot of Thais think Airasia is no good, personally I think they have the best fleet of planes in Asia and Thai Airways have a lot of old stock.

Thai Airways have had their fair share of incidents as well, whereas I can't recall any from Airasia.

'Thai Airways doesn't have a gleaming safety record either — four fatal crashes in 1.98 million flights, an Adjusted Fatal Event figure of 3.69 and an accident rate that is 306 percent worse than average.'

55Jay

"They should be pushing out the older 737-4's. Be interesting to see where they are transferred to/sold."

Nigeria.

Bonvoyage

South America........ It is interesting the Boeing keeps close track on these old

out of service life planes that are in South America. As the planes are basically

flown until something fails, it provides a good testing ground for Boeing. But not

Could be I guess. In the past, they've gone to Nok Air, Cambodia, Pakistan and Russia.

Smile's got shiny Airbuses. I saw Nok has or had an old classic but when I flew on them, it was an NG (800) down to Surat.

55Jay

"They should be pushing out the older 737-4's. Be interesting to see where they are transferred to/sold."

Nigeria.

Bonvoyage

Could be I guess. In the past, they've gone to Nok Air, Cambodia, Pakistan and Russia.

Smile's got shiny Airbuses. I saw Nok has or had an old classic but when I flew on them, it was an NG (800) down to Surat.

Safer than taking the bus.

55Jay

Nigeria.

Bonvoyage

Safer than taking the bus.

Ha ha, yeah, especially in Thailand. LOL.

Glad to hear the black paint squad were not required.

Rest assured, the TG Black Paint Squad, would have been on stand-by while the PR department decided the best course of action as they tossed a coin in the air.

Feel sorry for the passengers when they heard they are going back.

Still very fresh the incident with MH370.

Well the airline found a fault and delt with it in the right way

The alternative was to ignore it instead the plane was landed no one was injured and people are still conplaining

THAI flight turns back after facing landing gear problem

tnews_1393216890_3539-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Airways International (THAI) flight to Koh Samui island has to return to Suvarnabhumi airport Sunday morning after the plane developed landing gear problem.

The plane made an emergency return and landed at Suvarnabhumi airport safely, airport director Raweewan Netarakavesana said.

She said Flight TG 281, connecting Bangkok and the popular tourist island, left Suvarnabhumi at 7.45 a.m. but had to turn back after the captain discovered problems with the landing gear.

The plane landed safely at the airport at 8. 50 a.m.

Passengers were transferred to a new plane and they arrived at Samui airport at 10.10 a.m.

Mrs Raweewan said THAI engineers were inspecting the plane’s landing gear.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-flight-turns-back-facing-landing-gear-problem/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-04-14

The plane took off at 7.45 am on a 50 minute flight to Samui but instead landed an hour and 5 minutes later back at Suvarnabhumi?

So it must have been more than half way to Samui before the problem (whatever it was) was spotted at around 20,000 feet?