Marrying my Laos partner in Thailand. Possible?

SarahN

Myself (British) and my partner (Laos) want to gets married in Thailand. As far as I can see it's fairly easy for me, I just need the document to show I'm not already married. But for my Laos partner, what does he need? I can't find anything online about it, except people in similar situations that don't know what to do! We have tried calling the Laos embassy several times but it seems they don't like to answer the phone.

Would it be easier to get married in Laos? We have a child together and I know this can cause some problems in Laos.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

The requirements will be the same as yours to register your marriage at the Amphoe.

He will need a affirmation of permit to marry from the Lao embassy. You may just have to go to the embassy to get it done.

This Facebook page has some phone numbers on it. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lao-Embassy-Bangkok-Thailand/215378345235449

• 1 month later...

Hi Sarah, how is your predicament going ? in my experience the laos embassy in bkk was just a waste of time , 3 times that is, i dont really know how to do it , in the end i paid a thai tour operator to help marry my laos girl and me, as no matter what i did it seemed there were always probs, my girl had documents from vientiane, which they said to take to the embassy in bkk , thats where we ran into trouble, but for some money, 25k baht or more a thai tour operator could get it done, and so it was, hope its worked out for you.