Can I get new visa (Non-o multiple) before the current expire?

Hi,

I have to travel back to my home country shortly to attend some family business.

and if Im there already i would like to apply for a new Non O multiple, however my current Non O expire in August.

can i get a new Non O at the thai embassy? or they gona refuse me as i still have a valid visa, (even though only 1 month left to use)

than you for help and answers

You don't have to go to your home country to get the visa. You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

You probably can get a new visa with the old one near expiration but it depends upon the embassy's policy.

Hai

I went three weeks before the expire date to the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam,the Netherlands, they sent me away again told me that I only could apply after the expire date. I informed them that I would arrive after the expire date. They didn't care. Had to change my flight. I called the Embassy in the Hague and the told me if I was going to the Embassy no problems! So I think it depends on the location. Before going to a Consulate/Embassy check it out first.

anyway thx for your reply

is anybody else have any experience obtaining new visa, while the old one still valid?

Done that a few times at Hull without a problem.

Same experience here - except I've only done it once. Returned to the UK when I still had about 3 months left on my Non Imm 'O' (marriage) visa. Applied for a new one at Hull on same grounds (marriage). New 12 month visa granted without any problems - it started from date of issue. Old visa was cancelled at same time - so I 'lost' the unused months on the old visa.