10,000 Baht Reward

kurgen

A friend of mine who lives at Mabprachan had his laptop nicked from his house last week and is offering a 10,000 baht reward for any information that helps get it back.

It is a Toshiba Quosmio (?) with a large LCD screen.

This model has only just been released in Thailand so there shouldn't be any in the second hand shops.

He bought it in the UK about 6 months ago for nearly 1500 pounds so as you can understand he's a little bit pist off that it's gone.

PM me if you get offered one please :o

Nice machine - hope the lad gets it back in one piece!!

It sure is a very nice piece of kit. Was it a break-in and burglary? I'm sure that the thief will have no idea about just how good this notebook computer is and it's likely that he/she will sell it on for next to nothing....probably less than the 10,000 baht reward.

The only second hand notebook (laptop) outlets , that I know of, are in TukCom (on the 3rd floor opposite the up-elevator) and the nealry new outlet, "Cash Converters", upstairs in Carrefour. I have a mooch around in both places rather frequently, so I'll keep my eyes open. Does he know the serial number?

A friend of mine who lives at Mabprachan had his laptop nicked from his house last week and is offering a 10,000 baht reward for any information that helps get it back.

It is a Toshiba Quosmio (?) with a large LCD screen.

This model has only just been released in Thailand so there shouldn't be any in the second hand shops.

He bought it in the UK about 6 months ago for nearly 1500 pounds so as you can understand he's a little bit pist off that it's gone.

PM me if you get offered one please :o

a 10,000 baht reward for a 1500 pound laptop. You should get a lot of takers on that one.

a 10,000 baht reward for a 1500 pound laptop. You should get a lot of takers on that one.

It's about 10% ofthe cost of the notebook....but don't forget what's on that notebook. Some of the data might be priceless to the owner.....in terms of time, business information, convenience, nostalgia etc.

In the unfortunate event that the laptop is never seen again, can I have the 10,000 baht ? :o

I'd suggest a trip to the various pawn shops in the area, start with ones closest to your home and moving out from there. Thieves wouldn't want to be hauling stuff all over town (greater chance of getting caught with it). They would also most likely be in a hurry to pawn the stuff and get what ever cash they can.

(do I still get the cash ? I have plans tonight, plans that could involve blowing 10,000 baht in a certain establishment over the course of a few hours) :D

Kerry - FLB??? :D

Not tonight :D

The current "soon-to-be-ex" has stated rather firmly that she will be phoning me tonight, and I'd better not be sitting in a bar partying with her girlfriends when she phones (unlike last night) ! :o

Besides, 10,000 baht doesn't go very far in the FLB (not the way I party anyways) :D

It would be a good warm-up though !