Sa Kaew: School lauded for installing condom dispenser

webfact

Are they going to teach them how to use them too, or just put a machine in the crapper and hope they can figure it out?

I know of one foreign high school where they ran a training video demonstrating how to use a condom. The device was carefully placed on a carrot, and rolled down.

I'm not sure that would have prevented many pregnancies! facepalm.gif

Seriously though, I worked in a university in Papua New Guinea some years ago, where the clinic was run by a group whose religion was against using any family planning methods. The clinic had a large supply of condoms in store, and that's where they stayed.

As the students all lived on campus, you can imagine the problems. 33% of all the female students couldn't complete their studies and returned to their villages to have the baby. sad.png

Yup. Thailand is the Asian Papua New Guinea.

then they head off to pattaya to find baby a new dad

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Already some vandal has felt-penned on the machine: This is the worst chewing gum I have ever tasted.

They've got to be wrong!

I've definitely seen 'Strawberry flavoured' advertised!! tongue.png

Good move. My generation had to go through some embarrassment to even get one. Available only from the pharmacy, you had to wait until the shop was empty before asking for one. The grim old battle axe behind the counter seemed to relish those moments. The sixties wasn't all free love. Machine is good

Are they going to teach them how to use them too, or just put a machine in the crapper and hope they can figure it out?

I know its a guy thing not to read the instructions, but if you look inside the box it comes with a "how to use" guide". wink.png

Edited by Sayonarax

With the proliferation of 7/11's pretty much on every street corner, having "more" dispensers is not the way forward, education is, unless that is that they are buying and using them at the school so having one there is much more convenient.

A condom vending machine I such more discrete then buying condoms at 7-11. Hen ce much more effective.

There is still taboo and a shy feeling about buying condoms in a shop.

It is proven that since the school installed a dispenser pregnancies have come down. So yes it works!

Please support the evolution of your country as holding on to the traditional is what gives so many issues in Thailand. Yes, the boat has alteady sailed on many fronts. Accepting it and dealing with the present is the only say forward.

With the proliferation of 7/11's pretty much on every street corner, having "more" dispensers is not the way forward, education is, unless that is that they are buying and using them at the school so having one there is much more convenient.

A condom vending machine I such more discrete then buying condoms at 7-11. Hen ce much more effective.

It is proven that since the school installed a dispenser pregnancies have come down. So yes it works!

Please support the evolution of your country as holding on to the traditional is what gives so many issues in Thailand. Yes, the boat has alteady sailed on many fronts. Accepting it and dealing with the present is the only say forward.

I stand corrected then. Education is not the way forward after all, just install dispensers at every school, discreetly.

I stand corrected then. Education is not the way forward after all, just install dispensers at every school, discreetly.

Can't they have both? Don't see how this is an either/or thing.

If there is "education", it's not working.

If there is "education", it's not working.

well...the machine wouldn't last too long either, probably