US Army denies clemency for WikiLeaks source Manning

webfact

During Pvt. Bradley's sentencing, a senior military official clearly stated that the leaks did not result in the deaths of any individuals. Yes, they made the U.S. look bad in so many ways, but as with most "top secret" documents/information, all they really illustrated was our country's misguided Iraq invasion. So comparing him to a murderer, firing an AK-47 into a crowd seems a bit over the top.

The largest intelligence leak in U.S. history, disclosed by Pfc. Bradley Manning to WikiLeaks, did not lead to the deaths of any military sources, the government's first sentencing witness testified Wednesday.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/31/59869.htm

Ok if you prefer lets compare him to some crazy man having fired an AK-47 into a crowd an by some kind of miracle no one was hit!

...But not thanks to him whistling.gif

Edited by Tchooptip

As former President Clinton noted about this matter, Manning's action has resulted in the loss of human lives, mostly as yet those in hostile enviroments who were publicly exposed as US intelligence informants. Certainly, pity is due Mr. Manning for the inner torment caused by his Gender Identity Disorder, but surely the public good involving hundreds of millions of citizens must come first.

Ironically, Manning is walking advirtisement for the failure of Mr. Clinton' s "Dont ask dont tell" policy towards sexual deviance in the armed forces, and an even stronger advirt for the abominable policy of the Obama regime. In a very real sense, the fault here lies as much with the politicians who let him into the armed forces as it does with Mr. Manning. They both have blood on their hands.

If there is to be no clemency for Mr. Manning, there must be none for the politicians who allowed him into the Army. Equality demands no free pass for the powerful.

Your anti-gay civil rights rhetoric is obnoxious. Manning has psychological problems and yes he is a criminal. There are many more perfectly heterosexual criminals and/or people suffering psychological problems in the armed forces and you don't blame acceptance of heterosexual soldiers as the root of that problem.

Partially correct. Heterosexuality is not listed by the WHO as a disorder (see the ICD-10). Gender Identity Disorder is. Accepting psychologically disordered individuals into the armed forces is more than a disgrace to men and women in uniform past and present, it is an unnecessary danger to national security. Manning, a man otherwise deserving of our pity, has made himself into a poster child for an America that has put faux individual rights over those genuine rights of society at large.

Those who support the "right" of a Manning to be in the armed forces are forced, by their own logic, to contribute to the NRA.

Homosexuality and heterosexuality are both not mental disorders. Don't ask, don't tell was mostly about GAY soldiers. Gender Identity is something different than sexual orientation. I'm sure the U.S. government doesn't look at the WHO for classifying that. Clever of you to use that source; didn't fool me. They would likely use the DSM which no longer labels gender identity issues as a DISORDER.

This Manning case is unfortunate but it would be even more unfortunate if people fall for the trap of letting it be used to add fuel to the fire of bigotry against gay Americans many of whom serve proudly and well in the armed forces, which you seem to like to call SEXUAL DEVIANTS.

Edited by Jingthing

I learned some years ago in a place not too far from here that a bullet doesn't care what color your skin is, what your religion is, what your sexual orientation, gender identification is or anything else. If you served in the armed forces chances are you served with some you consider a 'sexual deviate'. Manning, Snowden and all whistle blowers show tremendous courage, especially in this day and time. I was fortunate enough to met Daniel Elsberg at Texas Tech University some years ago during a Vietnam symposium. He showed courage back when he blew the whistle, courage now. The Constitution that protected him then is no longer valid. I know first hand what being a whistle blower is like, fortunately on a much, much smaller scale. I won because I was in the right, but it still cost me my career.

• Like 1