Robbers beat Phuket hotel worker with his own helmet

webfact

Robbers beat Phuket hotel worker with his own helmet
Eakkapop Thongtub

1397531771_1-org.jpg
Rescue workers dress Mr Sophot's bloody head.

PHUKET: -- An employee of the Novotel Kamala was robbed last night (April 14) at around 11pm by two young men who beat him up with his own helmet.

Sophot Chuaihom, 32, was heading home when he became aware that he was being followed by two men on motorcycles. When he turned into the soi leading to the government housing project in Baan Lipon, they did the same.

Halfway along the soi they overtook him and forced him to stop.

When Mr Sophot removed his full-face helmet to see what the boys wanted, one of them grabbed it from him and beat him over the head with it. They then robbed the stunned hotel worker of his wallet, containing credit cards and cash.

Mr Sophot was sent to Mission Hospital for treatment. Thalang police are investigating.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/robbers-beat-phuket-hotel-worker-with-his-own-helmet-45691.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-15

If you leave your helmet on in a dicey situation, it can make an effective headbutt accessory... it also, as these jerks illustrated, makes an excellent weapon - light and hard - and worth hanging on to in such a situation. Any group of young guys on motorcycles who make you stop late at night are not up to anything good.

• Like 1

If you leave your helmet on in a dicey situation, it can make an effective headbutt accessory... it also, as these jerks illustrated, makes an excellent weapon - light and hard - and worth hanging on to in such a situation. Any group of young guys on motorcycles who make you stop late at night are not up to anything good.

"...make you stop?" Explain just how that happens? Doesn't seem possible. And, wouldn't stopping voluntarily pretty much be defined as an act of stupidity?

Edited by unanimosity

"...make you stop?" Explain just how that happens? Doesn't seem possible. And, wouldn't stopping voluntarily pretty much be defined as an act of stupidity?

Perhaps ordinary folk are not all members of Mensa like yourself......................coffee1.gif

Or can ride a motorbike like Valentino Rossi. biggrin.png

This happened to me in PKT 5 years ago between Karon and Rawai, very close to elephant tracking place. I was newcomer to PKT. I didn't know this young monkeys use gun and machete. I just was upset at 3,00 am when they passed me and suddenly cut my way. We almost crashed. I just recognized two monkeys (45 kg / worm ) are playing with me. I jump off my bike and bit the back faggot as I could with full of my anger. Those idiot felt down and the driver monkey pulled a fat throttle and run away. The beaten worm creeped over the railing and wanished in banana forest. I was so up set, cause I thought if I would beat the first monkey I would caught both of them. Next day my new friends in Rawai told to me how much lucky was I cause this idiots use guns and machete for robbing. I was lucky, because I didn't know this. If I would knew may be they could rob me.