THAI aborts flight when a passenger goes berserk

webfact

AS the nutter had a valid ticket I hope he was put on the next flight after getting some electric shock treatment to calm him down.

Yeah 25,000 volts.

You either fly and be normal, if not normal don't book, because you are inconveniencing all others that want to go on time.

If a person has the fear/ability to go crazy----get on a bus. Some posters said sometimes they could shout to get off. MY GOD hope they are never on my flight.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. especially the pilot?

In the future, it should be mandatory for all air passage passengers to obtain mental certification, from government appointed mental institution before one is allowed to book an air-ticket and/or board the plane.

This would cut down on a lot of un-necessary disturbance for other fellow travelers.

"Police said the man had air ticket so they have not filed charge against him as he remained unstable and might have mental problem."

This is like something out of Monty Python.

John Cleese: "Ello ello ello, what's this we 'ave 'ere?"

Michael Palin: "Aw, leave 'im alone sarge, e's alright, just needs to sit down a bit."

J.C. "Just needs to sit down a bit? Wasn't that what 'e was doing before 'e went barmy?

M.P " E's not barmy sarge, E just needs a little rest."

J.C. "Not barmy? E's a lunatic!"

M.P. "No 'es not."

J.C. "Yes 'e is, there's nobody at home, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, if he had another brain it would be lonely! The wheel's spinning but the hamsters dead."

M.P. "Come on sarge, let 'im go."

J.C. "Oh alright then, off you go."

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why was he so upset? Why did they have to transfer everyone to a different plane? Surely they could have led him away and then after sorting out the fuel wasted just taken off. Or am I missing something here?

Yeah, you sure are, you can never be sure what is in the luggage bay, best to reload and check the plane through out, the whole incident becomes a security breach, better to be sure than sorry. The plane was at taxi stage so fuel is not a problem.

Wouldn't they just have to look for his luggage? Though that would take a while I guess. Still would like to know what got him so worked up though.

Why was he so upset? Why did they have to transfer everyone to a different plane? Surely they could have led him away and then after sorting out the fuel wasted just taken off. Or am I missing something here?

Nope, you're thinking is pure logic. Not a common feature.

I felt like doing that once when I discovered my business class seat on Thai was just a front row seat on Thai Smile.

No worris they'll ovepaint it as thai smirk or

or for the look when you have the impertinence in business to request a top up

and get the old school

THAI SCOWL?

Unless on govt freebies I'd nver waste time again on this airline who "lost" my Oz visa and forced me to pay for another during a 6 hr stopover at Slompy

Puss poor performance

In the future, it should be mandatory for all air passage passengers to obtain mental certification, from government appointed mental institution before one is allowed to book an air-ticket and/or board the plane.

This would cut down on a lot of un-necessary disturbance for other fellow travelers.

According to studies in emotional stability, some 79 % of people suffer from psychological disturbance, to varying degrees...

Airlines already have problem paying for the fuel....

They should carry thick gaffer tape,they the could of taped him to his seat and gagged him,no need for the flight to be aborted then,i beleive this is a regular occurence on holiday flights from the uk to spain on ryanair.

I've carried my own Duck Tape for such emergencies since 1984 when, taking off from Chicago, when an engine caught fire just as we left the ground, a loony passenger seated next to me stood up and started screaming '' We're all going to die '' in the loudest possible manner whilst the Flight Deck crew were remaining calm, turning on the engine fire extinguisher and announcing that we would be returning to the Airport with immediate effect. No need for panic but this idiot caused much alarm on board and the cabin crew just didn't know what to do, so i screamed at him to stop being a retard and SIT DOWN because he was causing panic. With a good shove he obeyed but since then i am always alert and ready for these kind of prob's.

No; I am not Superman...just a Man; and the funny thing is that in all the years since i have never been challenged about the Duck Tape in my hand luggage. I've been waiting for it, especially since 9/11 but it's never happened !

I am going to join the list of folk expessing dismay at finding oneself on ThaiSmile.

Before I twigged on to the 4 digit flight number, I let my agent book me on Thai Smile....once on board there was no smile on my face.

I did not go berserk, just instructed my agent never never book me ThaiScowl again. I can do without saving the Bht 200.

And for the question about putting the pax on another 'plane. Right decision in my view. O.K. they could have offloaded his luggage, but the berserk one could have planted something under his seat, any overhead locker on the way to his seat, any lavatory etc etc. Then done the berserk bit to make sure he was not on board for the bang.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hope you are just joking. How much would that cost and of what value? About the same as the Thai drivers license is a guarantee that you know and will obey traffic laws!

I flew Hat Yai -> Swampy a few weeks ago. The mini Bread and Butter Pudding and a bottle of water was enough to frighten me as a hardened Mancunian. I had flashbacks of Strangeways <LOL> ...... fellow inmates would have been rioting. The poor Thai bloke next to me was dry heaving ......

I'd take 2 sandwiches and a front row "business" seat anytime !

In future every passenger must be checked about his mental stability before he is allowed to boarding a plane...

I wish I could laugh with you about your joke. The problem is that governments and airport security has become overzealous (at least in the West) on harassing passengers they 'suspect' of being a problem.

I don't want to give governments ANY new authority to enact new laws and intrude in our lives.

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed off topic comments

Coming to the USA soon.

• Like 1

What a stupid suggestion, I hope they make it mandatory for you.

• Like 1

They should carry thick gaffer tape,they the could of taped him to his seat and gagged him,no need for the flight to be aborted then,i beleive this is a regular occurence on holiday flights from the uk to spain on ryanair.

I've carried my own Duck Tape for such emergencies since 1984 when, taking off from Chicago, when an engine caught fire just as we left the ground, a loony passenger seated next to me stood up and started screaming '' We're all going to die '' in the loudest possible manner whilst the Flight Deck crew were remaining calm, turning on the engine fire extinguisher and announcing that we would be returning to the Airport with immediate effect. No need for panic but this idiot caused much alarm on board and the cabin crew just didn't know what to do, so i screamed at him to stop being a retard and SIT DOWN because he was causing panic. With a good shove he obeyed but since then i am always alert and ready for these kind of prob's.

No; I am not Superman...just a Man; and the funny thing is that in all the years since i have never been challenged about the Duck Tape in my hand luggage. I've been waiting for it, especially since 9/11 but it's never happened !

Hopefully you've replaced the roll since '84 ?

This is an international security breach.

Where is the international part of a domestic flight ?

He should have been met by security agents and taken for questioning and medical checking if determined not to be a terrorist.

Seems like that is what they did, even without your precious advice.