Where you from? Short Film

Boycie

Well if the idea was to show the schism between Thailand and foreigners, it made its' point. That scene where he comes up to the girl; talk about a clueless foreigner.

No, the gist of it was to question the values (or lack thereof) of today's Thai teenagers.

I just thought it a pity that he had learnt Thai quite well but still used colloquial pronunciation.

Well done though and he should be congratulated for his efforts.

Well if the idea was to show the schism between Thailand and foreigners, it made its' point. That scene where he comes up to the girl; talk about a clueless foreigner.

Trying to make conversation.....is clueless ?
Remember, film is a visual medium first. The boy starts talking to a girl that is obviously ignoring him. Hence clueless to his surroundings.

No, the gist of it was to question the values (or lack thereof) of today's Thai teenagers.

I just thought it a pity that he had learnt Thai quite well but still used colloquial pronunciation.

Well done though and he should be congratulated for his efforts.

If that's what the writer says, I'll agree. But I didn't get that out of it.