Should we Farangs be scared.

If a Westerner is here in what is an entire country ghetto, ruled by Chinese style ethics and thinks that he is not at any significant risk, good luck to him

Thailand is a totally undeveloped, nationalistic, often flat out racist Chinese morally corrupt country.

Keep your wits about you at all times

How brilliant of you to lay blame on certain others.  That's what Hitler did.  Well done.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked in Thailand in top multi- national company in a senior position, not a teacher. I'm not going to say where or when nor what company

One Sunday I get a call the guy said to me I'm a police officer he spoke very bad English you stole 17,000 baht (at the time I was making 600,000 per month) I will come and put you in jail. Of course I laughed and said ok come I'm thinking its some kind of a joke.  

Yes, please share with us how it all ended.  I suppose the top multinational was powerless to help one of their 600k/mo senior execs.  And I suppose the Thai boss and Thai girl were willing to risk their careers in a top multinational for a personal vendetta.  I further suppose the Thai boss and girl, despite being able to work for a top multinational, were stupid enough to think they could get away with messing with one of their 600k/mo senior execs.

It's possible that certain events of your story are true, and could have been useful for us readers to know.

Shit like that can happen in any country of the world.
If you don't believe me, just ask Rolf Harris.

Alot of shit can happen in any country.

Some shit can happen only in some countries.

A very profound statement and my synopsis is Sheeeet!

It is my impression that Farangs that chose to settle in Thailand have no real protection under Thai law.

It's my impression that everyone in Thailand is equal.
Nobody has any protection under Thai law.

If you don't agree, ask the Thai policeman who was dragged along under the Red Bull Ferrari. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican