Democrat leader Abhisit looks forward to political vacuum

webfact

Democrat leader Abhisit looks forward to political vacuum
By English News

13975546565687.jpg

BANGKOK, April 16 – Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said that proposed resolutions to the months-long political crisis cannot begin unless Thailand is a state of political vacuum.

He was referring to a group of older Thai citizens who called on Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanond to seek a royal command to resolve the political impasse and a proposal by caretaker Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri for His Majesty the King to exercise his power under Section 7 of the Constitution in case the political turmoil evolves to the stage of being a political vacuum.

Mr Abhisit said Thailand has to reach the situation when the caretaker prime minister is removed before a dialogue from all related factions could start.

However, he would not comment on whether he agreed with such a process.

The former prime minister reiterated the Democrat Party’s readiness to participate in a dialogue among political parties on preparations for the next general election, initiated by the Election Commission (EC) and scheduled for next Tuesday.

He urged the ruling Pheu Thai Party to assign a fully-authorised person to join the meeting.

Noppadol Pattama, a Pheu Thai executive, gave assurances that his party would definitely assign a representative with decision-making power to attend the EC-initiated meeting and the party would not set any preconditions whatsoever.

The Pheu Thai Party will not argue the Democrats’ demand for a live broadcast of the forum, bearing in mind that the best solutions to the political conflict is a fair and clean election, he said.

Referring to the proposals by respected older Thai citizens and caretaker Justice Minister Chaikasem on resolutions for Thailand, Mr Noppadol said everyone has rights to propose but any group of people or political parties should not set conditions or act against attempt to resolve the country’s crisis.

“An attempt with the objective to win but ignoring the rules or the feeling of 65 million people is equivalent to tearing the social contract of co-existence – an act which will contribute to endless conflict,” he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-16

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Garbage that should get out of thai politics for good .Maybe he should run to become

More people are saying this now but they are saying it about the Shin family and the PTP. Personally i think all of them shouldbe banned from politics since both the Dems and the PTP with the Shin family have shown they are corrupt and want their positions in leadership to benefit themselves and not for the people. Dissolve these charters and find someone who truly cares for the people and the country.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

A Garbage that should get out of thai politics for good .Maybe he should run to become

What a half witted and simple minded post. Don't forget all the Chinese in the Shinawatra clan.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you would think the oxford educated politician would know better, one of the biggest disappointments in politics of this generation , murder charges hanging over his head, pretending to be democratic but using every dirty trick in the book to get back into power. worst opposition leader ever.

he is always talking about PTP leaders resigning. i think its about time this useless, anti democratic opposition leader resigned.

Wow, you are in a bad mood this morning, why don't you have another cup of coffee it might make you feel a little better Oh then take off your red tinted classes , what i do agree with you on is that the

useless, anti democratic PTP leader should resign whistling.gif

Could you edit your post? I didn't understand anything you wrote.

What a half witted and simple minded post. Don't forget all the Chinese in the Shinawatra clan.

And dont forget all the peole in your clan too.

• Like 2

Noppadol Pattama, a Pheu Thai executive, gave assurances that his party would definitely assign a representative with decision-making power to attend the EC-initiated meeting

I guess that leaves the only option that Thaksin is gonna attend the meeting.

Hope everybody had a good Songkran!

Unfortunately Mr Abhisit has lost all credibility ...and the "sweetheart' photos just don't cut it anymore...The attempt to portray him, as a darling repulses me now... I have lost all respect for him through his devious but obvious machinations... and his group of 'older Thai citizen/sponsors' ...is one of the the biggest parts of the problems facing this country. But they are circling the wagons , eh? For the final push...? Almost all the faces and players are showing their cards.......They too will have to come to grips with the fact that truth and information can no longer be kept from the greater populous ... more and more information that so long has been so guarded will soon come to bear and Thais will become more and more empowered by it and the chokehold that Abhisit and his sponsors and those that were the face before him had on the general population will eventually crumble...he may be jockeying for a shot at sitting in the chair once again...and may be attempting to take up the mantle of reason and moderation... at the moment, but I truly believe the Thai people are not fooled by him anymore...though I continue to be amused...

I would sooner a hundred Abhisits than any of those scurrilous bar stewards who lied and cheated in the house and dragged Thai democracy into the sewers

• Like 2

Highly over rated and a total failure during his tenure which came in via the back door of democracy. A full time politician who has not work in his whole adult life carries all the handicaps required to run the economy. A top notch education and a gifted orator don't equates to a good administrator of the government if you are weak and beholdened. Though still time for him to reinvent himself and be a top civil servant.

Noppadol Pattama, a Pheu Thai executive, gave assurances that his party would definitely assign a representative with decision-making power to attend the EC-initiated meeting

Yes, I hope so.

Better to have someone with electoral legitimacy there, than the coup-makers who deposed him, and were in turn deposed themselves by the electorate afterward.

• Like 2

you would think the oxford educated politician would know better, one of the biggest disappointments in politics of this generation , murder charges hanging over his head, pretending to be democratic but using every dirty trick in the book to get back into power. worst opposition leader ever.

he is always talking about PTP leaders resigning. i think its about time this useless, anti democratic opposition leader resigned.

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. The murder charges are just political posturing. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

"The murder charges are just political posturing",

As was all the selfr-serving Thaksin demonization stuff, beginning with the coup-maker kangaroo courts.

Certainly the electorate understood that.

However, the above quote does bring into focus, the need to "de-politicize the courts' before considering the AV/Suthep murder charges.

• Like 2

Yes, I hope so.

Better to have someone with electoral legitimacy there, than the coup-makers who deposed him, and were in turn deposed themselves by the electorate afterward.

I never realised that the interim government was deposed, i always was from the opinion that it was an agreement that they would step down to make place for new elections.

Well one can learn something everyday from a red shirt. NOT?

By the way there are without doubt a lot of people who would be happy if Thaksin attended the meeting, but I'm afraid they're not all supporters.

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. The murder charges are just political posturing. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

"The murder charges are just political posturing",

As was all the selfr-serving Thaksin demonization stuff, beginning with the coup-maker kangaroo courts.

Certainly the electorate understood that.

However, the above quote does bring into focus, the need to "de-politicize the courts' before considering the AV/Suthep murder charges.

In other words you want a red shirt jury?? Electorate again ????/ my god. Bring your man back from the middle east, it would be so wonderful for the country NOT. Let him off for all his charges and those pending and set up your red jury for everyone else, you live in a wonderland of your own.

• Like 1